“Great location and very helpful staff!”

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #39 of 327 Hotels in Patong
San Jose, California
“Great location and very helpful staff!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in 2011 and thought this was one of the best hotels in Patong. The location was one of the best things about this hotel. It was right on the beach and about two blocks away from Bangla rd where all the madness happens. For most of our tours... I remember being the last to get picked up and first to get dropped off which was great!

Pros:
* great location
* nice clean rooms (we stayed on the 2nd floor with a jacuzzi. We may have used it once. Spent most of our time at the beach or pool)
* Starbucks and Mc Donald's next door
* far enough away from Bangla rd but was still very close
* front staff was very helpful and friendly. The ladies in front offered many great ideas and places to eat.
* our concierge friend (sorry I forgot his name. It's been awhile) helped out tremendously! Our vacation was a success due to his helpful advice on tours and places to see.
* the tours here were a bit pricier than tours booked outside but you get what you pay for. We found our tours booked here had better tour guides, boats and service.
* great views on the top floor for dining
* spa/massage was awesome
* security in front made us feel safer than usual

Cons:
* breakfast was just ok
* dining was ok and a bit pricy (great Thai restaurant two doors down)

We'll be back!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank HauHa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed September 29th to October 4th 2013
This is no way a 5 star hotel ! the manager, reception girls ( I'm not sure of her name but she has a fringe, usually the first girl you see at the counter on the left side and never greets you when you walk in) and cleaners are very rude. They don't even understand English and makes fun of you in their language. If you made a complaint they do not know how to deal with it in a professional matter, instead they laugh in your face, which is a complete and utter insult. The pool is always dirty, pillows are the worst ! It's like sleeping with no pillows. Do not try the restaurant! the food that comes out of the kitchen is not edible and overpriced. I am a regular Thailand traveller and have stayed at many hotels from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Koi Samui to Phuket but by far this is the biggest waste of money. I am only writing this because I don't want anyone's Thailand experience to be wrecked by this hotels service. You hear fireworks from your room every hour starting from 8pm and this sometimes it doesn't stop till 3am! The only highlight was the location, it's in the middle of all the hustle and bustle and the room set out is ok but the toilet always smells like sewer. It's such a shame I'm writing such a negative comment, this hotel might have hope if the staff (manager, reception girls, cleaners and chef) change their additude and was more passionate about their customers and jobs. The only person that was nice was Yom, she always had a smile on her face and had good customer service, keep up the good work Yom. If you want to go somewhere which is more resort like, treats you well and have amazing food try Holiday Inn Phuket Resort, it's down the road, half the price and has a beautiful pool.

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank Thi2828
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at La Flora Resort, a boutique hotel right in the heart of Patong. I chose to stay here, so I could walk everywhere and be in amongst the action for a few days. From the moment I arrived, I was treated with the most warm and welcome Greeting, and the staff have taken care of my every need. The grounds are exceptionally well kept, the food is delicious and volumous and the rooms are treat, with a mixture of natural timbers, stone and clean crisp fibres. They situated directly on the beach front, so you can walk out to the beach without having to go through the crowded streets. They also offer with your room, free wireless internet, free mini bar that includes beer (now champaign I am afraid) and beach towels, which I hear some hotels make you hire. Apart from the street noise (which you have to expect when you stay in the heart of Patong and does dissapate after around 10.30), you do feel like your in your own little boutique hideaway. I have taken some of my own pics of the pool room I am staying in, so you can see what it looks like. I rate everything here from the service to the facilities very high, worth it if you want style but also to be central to everything. Only negative are beds are a tad hard, but I managed and I am a fussy sleeper

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank DesignerHolidays
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked a pool villa for my wife and I for a 7 night honeymoon. The service was fantastic from the moment we arrived and the room was perfect with a completely private pool to lie in after a huge breakfast buffet with English and Thai food ! I would defo stay again we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you to all the staff onceagain!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Shozebali E
Rosharon, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff is very attentive, excursions are onsite and the staff assist with all planning, room extremely clean and anything you need is a push-button away, room is very modern, and we had a poolside view which made jumping in the pool a step away!!!
This is one of three hotels on the Beach.
Small and Quent .... great access to all the happening spots, McDonald's to your left and Starbucks to your right!!!! Shopping across the street, along w/massage parlors.....Hotel Spa was Excellent..... I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my first time in phuket, my agent booked a pool view room in this hotel
When we arrived, I was surprised with everything.
No privacy 0%
Rooms not clean
Very small swimming pool.
No sea view
No private beach

They upgrade the room to pool access (staff friendly) it's better but not enough for 5 stars hotel.
Bad smell from the bathroom
Poor breakfast
No restaurant or bars

From my opinion, it's so expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wadee B
Perth
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just returned from our 4th stay at La Flora, and although we have looked at other hotels, we always come back here.
The location is great, right on the beach, close to everything in Patong if you want it, but tucked away from it all too.
The breakfast is always great, plenty of choices and we have also eaten at the restaurants and have never been disappointed.
We have a pool access room, you can't beat your own sun lounges outside your room.
You cannot say enough about the staff, nothing is too much trouble, and it is always delivered with a smile, Once you have been there a day or two they greet you by name and are always so lovely and polite.
We must mention Knot at the concierge, what a delightful young man and such a pleasure to chat with every day, it is staff like Knot that make a hotel great.
Being on the beach, means you always get the sea breeze to cool and refresh, even when it is hot and steamy out on the street. It also means you are close to walk the beach for fun or exercise, avoiding the craziness of the streets with al the hawkers and annoying tailors trying out their bad aussie accents on my hubby!
If I have to say I could find anything to fault at La flora, which seems to be indicative of most Asian hotels is that the beds are too hard! But a call to housekeeping got us a pillow topper for the mattress which certainly helped.
All in all, a lovely hotel, great staff, great location and will keep returning.

Room Tip: If you like to spend your days near the pool, a Pool access room is great.