“Great place”

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #36 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Good location, friendly service. People at the reception do their beat to help you with all your questions.

Nice breakfast and pool. You have direct access to the beach.

Ask for a room away from the street, because it can be noisy of that side of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for La Flora Resort Patong

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Airport transfers, in my experience are somewhat hazardous. They either don't materialize, are late, or offer stress just when you don't need it after an epic flight. La Flora's man was where he should be, on time, well presented, and courteous. He apologised that the car I had ordered was not available, but the Mercedes was more than acceptable.

The welcome at the property was effusive and genuine. Check-in just 'happened', and a clerical hiccup over the room rate was handled professionally.

We were upgraded to a Pool Villa, without request. These are a private enclave with their own pool at the back, surrounded by high walls to make them safe for skinny-dipping for even the most prudish.

The bed, I thought, was firm but comfortable, and huge.The massive Jacuzzi and rain shower were divine, and supplemented by a hand held shower head.

Breakfast is served from 6 til 11, which surely caters for any requirements, and serves a huge variety of Asian and Western fare with the beautiful local fruit adding a delicious backdrop. A dedicated Egg Station just rounded off what became an experience.

La Flora is right on Patong Beach, and the Pool Villas are less than 20 metres from the sand. A system of safety flags advises potential swimmers of any water perils.

The property is well positioned in Patong as well, being only a stroll to the 'delights' of Bangla Road, and handy also to all the beachfront restaurants.

My wife became ill during our stay, and required bed rest. The staff at La Flora were exemplary in their concern and care. A generous vase of flowers was delivered and the girls fussed about as though she were a family member in distress. All over the property, staff enquired as to her ongoing condition. My ministrations became redundant. This was certainly over and above any service I have received in any hotel in the world.

The one glitch in this well oiled machine was on checkout when the previously booked transfer did not turn up. (What is it with me and transfers?) Staff quickly organised a local Taxi to fill the gap, and I have since received a apologetic E-mail from the General Manager, with a promise of even better service on any subsequent visit.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again, and feel comfortable recommending La Flora to any visitor to Patong. Sawadee kap!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

La Flora seems to attract extremes of opinions, but we have just returned from a wonderful ten night stay. The staff are friendly, attentive and provide a personalised service. The breakfast and room service are very good, although the rooftop restaurant was closed throughout our stay. Our room (beachfront villa) was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, spacious and a fifteen second walk to the beach. We loved the firm mattress!
Our only reservations would be that it would seem La Flora needs an injection of cash from its owners and someone with a fix-list to take a tour. In this price range you do not expect to see peeling paintwork!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We would have given it a 5 on everything except the fact that the matress on the bed is really really hard and uncomfortable . If you like hard matresses you will not have a problem but for us we stayed for 7 nights and we suffered! The staff is great and very helpfull, the place is clean, but the prices are on the expensive side comparin to places in thailand.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After trip 6 to Patong, 5 times staying at La Flora gives me a fairly good background to be objective in helping my fellow traveller find value for money and comfortable accommodation in this holiday destination.

The staff here treat you as a person, not a guest - and that's the subtle difference. The quality of service has remained consistently good - the staff have remained friendly and courteous, and show a real willingness to make your stay comfortable - and really, your attitude to them helps.

The beds remain firm - as many pillows as you want (I love them), crank up the aircon to 17C and snuggle into the quilt - I know, it's 26C outside! I guess an indication of how good the sleep is, we manage to get a good solid 10hrs a night!

There are fireworks going off at all hours, doors banging as one report writes - but that's other "guests", and nothing to do with the hotel as such.

If you get a pool facing room, expect noise - kids and grown ups alike! But never after about 8pm. I really don't get some reviews saying there is no resort pool - there are two. One near the restaurant which has rooms on one side overlooking, and the other has rooms on both sides, ground and top floor. The Andaman Sea is no more than 50 paces westward if the swimming aspect is a problem!

Breakfasts are solid - all nationalities catered for - and if you are a culinary wannabe like me, then there's nothing like smoked salmon, potato salad and sushi at 10am (brekky is 6-11am). But of course, eggs of all sorts, bacon, salads, cereals, beans, sausages are there to feed up on before a day of shopping (highly recommended for all the men out there).

Patong is a challenging place with those in wheelchairs. Footpaths are uneven, if they exist - however, there is access if you have a wheelchair, via the restaurant. At reception there are three steps at the front, and if stairs are a challenge also, there are no lifts, so a ground floor room is the go - the bonus is of course on the ground floor, you can sit at the pool. Just make sure when you book you make that known.

Planning stay number 6? Hell yeah. La Flora is not pretentious - it is neat, clean, charming, and that reflection is on the staff and the accommodation.

1  Thank Andrew1957
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Its a 4 star small hotel, that is better than ok, but slightly disappointing. A big problem is no resort pool. They have 2 strips of water between the rooms which allows swimming from the ground floor rooms. May sound good, but its not. Breakfast buffet is good and service is very friendly. The bar and restaurant area just didn't work for us. We'd prepaid for 8 nights, but honestly if we hadn't we'd have left a lot earlier. There are better hotels for the money.

Room Tip: Book a pool access room.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

La Flora ( LF ) is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels group. We were prepared for Patong as a town so we decided to go as near to ‘’ off season ‘’ as we dare. My first worry was when we pulled up outside the hotel. It’s literally on the main drag. No big lobby. Literally an entrance in between Starbucks and McDonalds ! We were greeted by security staff ( again worrying ) and the guys at the reception came out to meet us. My first gut feel was…’’this is not good’’ …but trust me…this was the one and only time I felt this in the week we were there. All the staff are execptional ! Kind, polite , attentive , well-mannered and couldn’t have gone out of their way more. Even in the face of some rather rude Russian ( shock horror ) and Middle Eastern guests…it never fazed them. Check in was smooth and quick. The room was huge. Very modern, clean and with ALL amenities. From beach towels to scented candles. No immediate complaints and non from then on re room . As far as location is concerned LF is one of the few hotels that is based on the beach. Most hotels you have to cross the road! Lovely clean pools….great poolside service… comfy sunbeds…clean well groomed gardens…and again plenty of security to stop and wanderers from the beach ! The beach was great but I had to remind myself it was at the end the brink of the rainy season. So hard to gaugehow busy it is in the height. We were told from the locals that at the height you cant move…both on the beach and streets. So be aware. Breakfast was good and plentiful. We never ate there in the evenings so can’t comment. The roof top sunset bar is brilliant. I heard the spa was good but then again we never went. Staff are at hand to recommend trips , restaurants and attractions. However it was available cheaper outside the hotel. Considering the location I never experienced any noise from the street. As you walk outside the main entrance you literally ARE right in the middle of EVERYTHING ! so no problems re that. All excursions pick you up at the hotel. Some great restaurants about if you want to eat away from the Riff Raff. If you have booked Patong as a location you should know what to expect ! It’s party town and ANYTHING goes. You can escape this at La Flora ! Would I go back to Patong ?....I dunno … Would I go back to La Flora ? … Yes.!! But you cant do one without the other ! But if you do go to LF I cant recommend it highly enough !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple