“Ideal location to be in and out of action at Patong!”

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #36 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is top notch for service, staff, comfort and location. It's located conveniently in the heart of the action but removed enough that if you wanted to escape you can! Greeted with jasmine leis and cocktails when we arrived, a plate of longan fruit in our rooms and because it was Chinese New Year while we were there - they left us lucky red pockets with 8 THB (8 is a lucky number in the chinese culture) and a discount for food and drinks in the red pockets. These were all lovely and thoughtful touches that put this hotel over the edge of many other places I've stayed at. Plus you can walk out to the beach via private access, pool or you're minutes away from where it's happening! The rooftop bar is an incredible spot to watch the sunset and have a cocktail. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: request pool side room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Vong_Choice

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have absolutely loved this hotel. First of all we would like to thank the amazing Staff of this hotel for their caring demeanor, enthusiasm and attitude. They have made our holiday more special. As you can read from all other posts, the location of this hotel is unbeatable. Hotel is situated right on the beach. We had a pool view room on first floor and it was spectacular. Breakfast and the staff serving it were superb! We do not have any negative comments about this hotel. You will be delighted to stay there.

9  Thank 9sashok9
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved the hotel and location...close to everything. service was outstanding and the concierge was super nice and helpful. the actual room was very nice and loved the direct access to the pool. the hotel is right on the beach and you have direct access to it as well. the negatives: 1) there were ants in my room and lots of mosquitoes. 2) breakfast was not good at all...plus had to wait around 20 minutes for my eggs to get cooked, and when they finally arrived, they were yukky. other than those 2 things, i would definitely recommend the hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank skp75
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Patong is Benidorm in Asia. It is brash, loud, overcrowded and hot. You will be constantly annoyed by street hawkers looking to sell you rubbish. After a while it is exhausting..

Having said that, this hotel is an oasis. It is quite and calm. The staff are friendly and helpful. They literally could not do enough for us. The rooms are newly decorated and spotless. Step outside and you are on the beach. It is overpriced for the area though.

The great thing about Patong is the ability to leave it behind. We went diving and on a boat sight seeing trip. At night it is hectic fun. The gay scene is very busy and friendly, with people from all over the world. I don't think that this is a place for families.

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool view room. These are the ones to go for in my opinion
11  Thank quinnmedicineman
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Location is great for being in the middle of the action and craziness of patong, but once you step inside the hotel it's peaceful. No people partying. The staff are helpful and the rooms are large, with all the mod cons. Mini bar is complimentary and restocked every day. Handy for the beach, sunset on the roof top bar is a must. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms offer more privacy than pool access rooms
2  Thank Bearsie01
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed four nights at La Flora.
There were many very good aspects to the resort. The staff were terrific, especially those at the Concierge desk and the restaurant. The location to the beach was great, although, I personally would prefer to swim in a less polluted part of the island. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The main disadvantage for me was that our room had facing rooms across quite a narrow pool. This meant that, if we wanted any privacy, we needed to keep the curtains closed all the time as the opposite room was quite close. As a result, the room was too dark. Personally, I like a light filled room with a view and, prior to booking, I did not check carefully enough about the aspect. Most of the rooms looked as though this would be a problem except the small number facing the beach. We also had difficulties with the (to me) complex technology of the television/ DVD player -however a staff member was quick to help. I thought the breakfast was fine although there was not as much variety as in the larger resorts.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank oliverAustralia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Location is brilliant for a stay in Phuket, especially if you want to stay right on Patong Beach. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with a private pool. I could not fault the room at all, spacious and comfortable.
The staff are extremely helpful, from front desk to concierge and the restaurant.
Mini bar is re stocked every day and there is never a lack of towels.
Having said that, I checked in on Christmas Day and am staying through until the 3rd of January 2013. Sadly the hotel neglected to mention the rave party set up on the beach right in front of the hotel which started on the 30th and is reportedly only going to silence on 6am the 1st. At R10 000 a night I would have thought the manager would have better sense than to try pull the " we did not know it was going to happen" stunt. I'm yet to hear what recourse he has install for me.
What he lacked to comprehend is I didn't book budget for major reason and therefore have expectations.
My advise do not stay anywhere near this pace unless you're planning to join in the dance marathon or checking out to stay somewhere else on the 30th.
Sadly I can't say if I'd return here and believe me Phuket village kind of grows on you.. You can read up on my candid review of Phuket later.
Lastly I have to make mention of Jack who worked up n the front office, witty with a very dry sense of humor.

Room Tip: Lower floors leading directly onto the pool, or just book one of the private pool suites right on th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends