“Loved it! Highly recommended if you are staying in Patong!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Flora Resort Patong

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #36 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Brisbane, Australia
“Loved it! Highly recommended if you are staying in Patong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

I booked my 4 night accommodation on Wotif for a total of THB22800 for the Deluxe Pool View room. I chose La Flora based on the Tripadvisor reviews and convenient location.

Location – Convenient – You can walk straight out to the beach from the hotel pools anytime you want. It’s also VERY close to the busy Bangla Road (2min walk) and only about 10min walk to the JungCeylon shopping mall. There’s McDonald’s, Starbucks, Chemist, massage place right next to it. As it’s situated at a busy intersection, there’s actually traffic police directing traffic most of the time so you don’t need to worry about being hit by a car when you try to cross the road. However, when you are in the room you can hardly hear any noise apart from the occasional fireworks on the beach.

Staff – Friendly and courteous – Most of them speak some English so I had no problem communicating my requests. Every staff I dealt with (driver, Concierge, Guest Service, housekeeping, spa masseur, restaurant waiter/waitress, chef, pool attendant, even the General Manager) has all displayed high level of enthusiasm and professionalism. They always talk to you with a smile and always like to chat with you so you feel very welcomed in their “Resort Community”. I accidentally locked myself out on my own balcony one night and I was panicking as it was late at night and I left my mobile in my room. I was relieved when one staff working at the rooftop restaurant saw me trying to get back in and called out if I needed help. He immediately walked over and asked for my room number and sent someone down to unlock my room for me. Within a minute, I was rescued by a staff back into the comfort of my room. Thank you!

Room – Modern, clean and well maintained – I stayed in one of the Pool View Deluxe Rooms. I loved the spacious bathroom and shower. Complimentary mini bar and bottled water were very nice. The king size bed was very comfortable and air conditioning was user friendly so you can get a good night sleep. Everything was in good condition and worked well. The only thing I could pick on is probably the fact that the space around the bath room sink could be a bit bigger. It’s a bit cluttered if I put all my cosmetics out but this is only a teething issue.

Food – Satisfactory and hygienic – It’s not an extravagant buffet breakfast but it has a bit of everything. You can ask the staff for freshly squeezed juice (watermelon, carrot, orange, any fruit that’s available there) as many times as you like. There is also an egg and waffle station where the chef cooks the egg to your liking (omelette, scrambled, poached, boiled). I thought both my omelette and waffle tasted really nice and fresh. Nothing else really stands out that tastes totally horrible or super delicious but I was happy with the international selection they offered.

Their airport-hotel transfer is a bit expensive (THB1000 one way on mini van) but I was happy with the service. The driver was professional and friendly. As I was travelling by myself it was the safest way to get from airport to the hotel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at La Flora Resort and was happy with my choice. I only found out when I was in Patong that it’s actually one of the only three resorts in Phuket that’s on the “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” List! I would definitely recommend La Flora Resort to anyone looking to stay in Patong!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank waterlover616

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed here with my partner a couple of months ago and it was great! This was actually the 2nd time I had stayed there because it was so good.

Yes, it is very expensive for what you get, but I just can't fault the staff, location or service. All are outstanding!

We had a superior room that overlooked the pool and beach and I think it cost about $300 per night. The location is right near Bangla Road, so if you are after nightlife, this is the best place to stay. The hotel is actually very quiet, but as soon as you step outside you are smack bang right in the middle of all the action.

The staff are SO friendly and helpful! They even remembered me when I returned for my 2nd stay, even though that was 18 month later!

Breakfast is good, although a bit more variety would be nice.

I absolutely love this hotel and will always pay the extra money to stay here every time I visit Phuket!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
qld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We are currently staying in this hotel and the staff could not be more helpful. The breakfast is wonderful and the room is a good size and ver comfortable and clean. We have two young kids so it can be hard staying in 5 star resorts but the staff here have assisted us in every way and even taught my two year old son some thai. We are staying in a balcony room over looking the pool so it can be a struggle with the stroller up and down the stairs however its not a big issue we like staying up high cause we find it very quiet and its nice being away from the pool with the young kids. We will come back and stay again the next time we are in phuket its perfect.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank QldKatie
Country Aussie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

Depending on what your after for us this was not the resort we were after...

Location: is a hop skip and jump from "seedy" bangla road, short walk to shopping centre, markets on your doorstep and beach at the back door, if its seclusion peace and quiet you are after forget it,,,the minute u walk out the door of the resort its madness and mayhem

Rooms: we were very disappointed after staying at the Holiday Inn Bangkok and Kee Resort Patong we were expecting amazing and spent the extra dollars to have a pool access room, we were disappointed, the room was not very updated, our bathroom was terrible, there was mould everywhere it was a black slick on the tiles, there were scuff marks and dents in the furniture, the mould was the most disturbing bit, the rooms just didnt feel very finished (in comparison to other we had stayed in)

Sleep: we only stayed here 3 nights and that would have been my limit too! although we could not hear the loud thumping of bangla road it was there in the background, our problem was the people in the room next door playing their music loud this continued for all 3 nights of our stay, initially i thought it was bangla road until night 3 when beside myself i went for a walk to discover it was coming from the adjacent room

Beach: yes indeed the beach is right at the back door of the hotel however like i read in a previous review on here it is indeed the homosexual section of the beach

Service: The staff were fantastic and did everything to help you, we did have a couple of issues with our room (a) the mould - therefore obviously not being cleaned properly (b) towels not being replaced twice we had to ask for towels

Restuarant/Bar: this was the best bit of the hotel!! the views were amazing over the bay, a quiet place to relax at sunset, we ate here once as it was the best meal we had in our 16 days in thailand!

overall it depends what you are after....we were looking for relaxation, quiet and peacefulness, for those wanting to be close to the action with the benefits of a luxury hotel then this may be for you

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PJKJSB
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

The Hoel is located extremly central and almost everything can be walked to within minutes. It offers a direct access to the beach and has also two large swimmingpools with acces directly from the rooms located on the groundfloor. It is a rather samll but ver beatifl hotel with an extremly frendly staff. the ambiance an the flair of the hotels is ideal for couples and small groups (3-4 pax). We stayed two nights (weekend) and enjoyed our stay with almost everything they offer: gym (very small), restaurant/bar on the roof (beautiful sunset view), pool (clean and clear water) and the spa treatments (very proffesional and relaxing).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have been to Phuket many times , stayed at different resort and this is the only hotel that left me upset  when I leave the hotel.

To be fair, the hotel hardware is good as it is a relatively new hotel, though the flooring looks a little dated. Location is good as the back of the hotel leads you right on to the paying beach ( but it's the gay beach segment); and it's also near the busy and somewhat seedy
Bangla road where all the actions
are...

But that is it. Period. The bad:
- for the price, the breakfast buffet spread really sucks in terms of variety and even hygiene. For all the 3 mornings, I avoided my favorite cheese section as I saw lines of ants and files hovering inside the container together with the cheese!

Pool is new but really small. If you are looking for resort style pool to laze around with a book etc, this is not the place to come.

They really stinge with their amenities! Stayed there for 3 nights but my amenities were not refilled at all..(this is the first time I have experience such miser act , having stayed in other hotels for so many years of travelling. Well, at least with the kind of price which I have paid for ). Housekeeping leave much to be desired... My bathrobe which I have hanged on the toilet hook on the first night remains in the same place till the 3 rd night.

I ran out of toilet paper on 2 occasion. That is how little they refill ...

The best part came when they have to charge for the use of their laundry bag! Oh come on, if you have to charge, please kindly inform the guest by putting a sign near where you placed the bags. I was so p@$$ when they told me they will hv to charge for the laundry bag  when I was checking out... What kind of hospitality is that? I mean I just left tips that is enough to buy many laundry bags in the room and now 3 mins later, I can't check out till I pay for the laundry bag????

I think my $$ is better spent elsewhere the next time. For the kind of $$$ I will highly recommend you to go to Amari coral resort which I have so many pleasant memories...

Or for the same quality of rooms, I think the Kee that is right across the street may be on par at a cheaper rate.
Oh ya, I have sleepless night not so much for the noise buy rather the bed is hard

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Rtyuiip
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Patong is a very hectic yet fun place in Phuket. Major night-life is here. La Flora is in very middle of Patong beach. It is a very trendy/modern resort which is a member of SLH. We stayed at Twin Palm, Surin beach on 2009 and we decided to stay closer to 'action package' because we didn't rent a car for the entire stay.
We stayed at La Flora for 5 nights. Our room was at the 1st fl, pool-access room thru SLH reservation.
There was low season promotion and extra benefits such as a certain amount of boucher for La Flora restaurant and 1 hr massage at its spa.

Overall is just excellent. I hope this resort keeps this status long so that we can enjoy the same thing on the next visit. I appreciate their effort to make our holiday calm and enjoyable. I will recommend La Flora Patong to my friends and will come back again with a value I can trust.

Location : super excellent/convenient and also excitment.
During day time, we enjoyed tide at the beach and resort pool. At nigth time, we explored restaurants here and there. There are plenty of places to eat out. Some mentioned about noise because it locates right next to the main road of Patong beach. In my experience, I didn't feel anything. I slept well every night. At evening, walking along the beach was romantic enough for us. Oh, this resort stands right front of the beach. Although that, security was excellent with security men guard this resort at each enterances between the resort and beach.

Restaurant: great.
We only used once for complementary pre-set dinner. Food was great. The same place is used for breakfast and it was excellent every morning with many selections. Only problem for me was that it is a sort of open-space with few fans and I wished it is air-conditioned room.
During dinner at the restaurant, accountant manager came to our table, introduced himself, and asked about our stay. I thought it was nice touch and we felt that we were taken care of. Since our flight was late-evening one, they provided late check-out till 4 pm.

Room: excellent
It is very trendy roomwith enough space for everyting we carried. Bathroom was clean and excellent. There are separate bath tub and a shower with enough space. Balcony is a deck for the pool. Some tanspassed our balcony in the first 2 days. We complaint the front desk and they took care of this bothersome. Minibar is free except drink with alcohol and was filled every day. Everyday, there was fruit dish we enjoyed a lot. Room cleanning service was excellent although they forgot newspaper for 2 days though (this can be very minor).

Gym: O.K. with minimum facilities.
It is small though, my routine was done there, running and streching. It is located on 2nd fl inside of Spa reception.

Pool: O.K.
Nothing fancy for pool. However, we enjoyed advantage of pool-access room. I strongly recommend pool-access room if your budget allows. It paid off well for us.

Other service: Complimentary spa for 1 hr was great. I am not sure I will use it with my own expense (I can't remember the price range) though, my partner thought she would be. It is a center of Patong and there are many alternative for Thai masaage out there anyway. We borrowed few books about Thai culture and cooking from the library.

Other tips
I know many flights leave very late evening. We rented a car from Thai-Rent-A-Car. Our flight was 1am and we returned the car at airport at 11 pm. By e-mail with Thai-rent a car, they came to the airport and picked up the car after routine check. This gave us great values because we drove pretty much entire island and had a great dinner at Kata/Karon beach. I paied 200B for extra fee though it was much better option to hassle with a taxi driver.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple