“Stunning setting, great meal”
Review of Baan Rim Pa Patong

Baan Rim Pa Patong
Ranked #47 of 617 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Baan Rim Pa has celebrated 25 years in business. Not many restaurants can continue to win awards year after year. It is one of Phuket's most famous restaurants. The location is spectacular with panoramic sea views. Open from midday right through until late evening 7 days per week. Offering exceptional Thai cuisine, piano bar with romantic atmosphere. Special for all occasions.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The setting is stunning and I had booked a table overlooking the sea and was not disappointed when we arrived. We had our own table in a small balcony overlooking the stunning scenery. The service was second to none, very attentive, everything was done for you. Our starters were a bit hit and miss - some were excellent, others so so. We liked the fish patties and minced chicken wrap - they were a bit different from the norm. Our mains were very good. The duck curry was creamy and the barbecue pork was divine. My partner had a prawn curry of sorts which was way too hot for me (a gallon of water after a small taste!) but he loved it and said it was the first proper hit of chilli he had all holiday. Yes it is pricey for Thai standards but I guess you pay for the setting, the beautiful restaurant and ambience and the attentive but still friendly service. It cost almost 9000 baht for the six of us but included 2 rounds of drinks, a bottle of wine and water. None of us were disappointed and you'd easily pay double that at home for that standard of restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

First ate here 20 years ago when it was amazing, but I fear it has been a victim of its own success. This time the food was definitely average, my fishcakes were mediocre; I have eaten better ones in the tattiest beach restaurants. None of the food was as good as it should have been frankly, if you're paying top dollar in Thailand, I think you should expect something special. Having said that, of course the restaurant is beautiful and the experience is great, but this place seems to mirror what has happened in Patong over the years - they have got too greedy for the tourists' cash and have allowed standards to fall. I don't think we will be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

It's quite close to Jungceylon Shopping Centre in Patong town itself, but will still cost you probably THB200-250 to get here on a taxi.

Food is slightly Thai fusion, and high quality. But of course 2-4 times pricier than simple beachside restaurants. Will be worth it to those who want to splurge a bit. Great view of Patong Beach.

Staff is friendly enough.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to restaurant and it was super over priced for Thailand. Location is great but service was very slow and poor. Meals were ok but over priced compared to other top places in thailand

2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After eating at another thai restaurant a couple of days earlier we expected Baan Rim Pa to be step above but were a little disappointed. Not that there was another wrong with this restaurant we just thought it would be better than what it turned out to be. The setting was fantastic, the food nice, well presented and tasty but lacking something. I think we may have spoilt by the previous restaurant.