“Tasty”

Ranked #489 of 615 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Very hot inside, were moved to table under fan. Ordered deep fried fish w garlic, extremely tasty, prawns w tamarind and morning glory. Best morning glory so far. Water very expensive....500 percent mark up. Have eaten there twice in last two trips and will return....even if a little commercial. Right on the beach in patong.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went to this restaurant to have a nice seafood meal for our last night in Patong. My partner ordered grilled tiger prawns and I ordered chilli crab. It took about 10mins of us sitting ourselves at the table before we received menus. The staff were very slow and unmotivated- unlike other restaurants we have eaten at in the 10 days we stayed here. After 40mins, the tiger prawns came out. My partner waited for me to receive my meal before eating as it is rude to start eating until everyone has received their meals (food and beverage 101).

20mins went past and my meal was nowhere to be seen. I asked the staff and after checking with the kitchen, they told me it was going to be 5 more minutes, indicating that they may have not even started cooking yet.

I told them this was unacceptable and that the other meal was now cold and that if the meal did not come out within 5mins (I set the stopwatch) that we were going to walk out. They rushed my meal out and put the tiger prawns back on the grill to reheat them. No apology was made for the inconvenience, in fact all wait staff ignored our table for the rest of the time.

The prawns are now overcooked and tough and the butter and garlic sauce was gone.

The food was average for the price we were paying, the soft drink was served without ice and the serving sizes were pretty stingy.

Now we have walked past many restaurants to get to this one and it disappointed us on so many levels. Never again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were recommended to eat here by friends and we were not disappointed. Very attentive staff - lots of fun choosing your own prawns etc. My husband had garlic and pepper prawns 4 huge prawns and 8 usual size prawns and they came out on 2 plates - they were so huge they couldn't fit on one plate!!! Absolutely delicious. We had 6 adults with 3 rounds of beer and a whole lobster thermidor, prawns, prawns and more prawns and entrees to share and the cost was around $160 AUD. Try to get a seat out the front for the atmosphere.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The fish are fresh and can be selected once you place the order. Definitely popular and crowded. Priced at a moderate to high range, but well worth it. Very friendly staff. Indoor and outdoor seating available - if you can bear the humidity!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This has to be my favourite restaurant there.
I've never seen anything like it.

Once you order your meal, you receive a ticket which you take to their own seafood market at the front and you pick which Prawn, squid, fish or lobster you want.

Everything is fresh and the service is great.