“Better than expected”

Ranked #52 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Better than expected”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Ibis Phuket Patong was a pleasant surprise. I read the reviews after I had booked 3 rooms for myself and two friends which caused much apprehension, but I needn't have worried. The price was great. The rooms were clean and had all we needed for a pleasant stay. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a shower, toilet, vanity basin, hair dryer and toiletries supplied. Plenty of hot water. The room was air conditioned and had a small fridge. There was also a small balcony for smoking. The breakfast had plenty of variety but I think an omelette cook would make it even better. The pool area had plenty of sun lounges and the gardens were lovely. I have saved the best bit for last....the staff. All of them who I had contact with we're all respectful, courteous and helpful. They are an asset to this hotel. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again. My friends were also impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

HirschRaphael, General Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Allie1948,

We were thrilled to read your 4 star review about our Hotel

I had a nice surpise too when I saw the member picture.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy our rate, clean room, pool and garden.

Thank you for the omelette station suggestion.

It is through staff feedback such as yours that we are abble to maintain quality of our service.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with your friends and look forward to welcoming you again at the Ibis Phuket Patong

Ibis Phuket Patong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's a good budget hotel, but a little away from all the action in Patong. Perhaps the breakfast spread could be improved upon, given that it is not a "free" spread!
It's pretty close to the beach itself though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

HirschRaphael, General Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear adroit91,

We very much appreciate your review regarding your stay at the Ibis Patong Phuket. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

new delhi india
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Barely 500 metres from Patong Beach, Ibis offers rooms with Sea & Pool view. I was looking to be slightly secluded from the action at the hotel, therefore, went in for a sea-view room.Overall package was taken from Thaitourister.com,a good wholesale agent fr Thailand tours. Although, I can imagine if I would’ve come with my friends, it would be nice to rent a couple of the pool-view rooms and meet up at the bar in the pool and spend lots of time in the pool!

The best part about Ibis is that it is practically in the heart of the city, so everything is close by.. the beach, Jungceylon market, other restaurants and bars. Since this was a quick 5 day trip for me, I didn’t get much time to go around town, but I managed to slip away during the evenings to catch a glimpse of the city. The agent arrangements seem to be the most convenient way to get around town, as opposed to the taxis & tuk-tuks, which can really burn a hole in your wallet. In fact, if you tip one of the waiters here, they can probably help you out with a cheaper rate for the bikes.

The hotel is not exactly luxurious, but is quite comfortable. The staff seem to be willing to help, but aren’t really able to communicate that well (in English). The rooms (sea-view) are located slightly away from the pool, so that generally cuts out the noise that you might expect from people playing /swimming in the pool. The room service here was exceptionally good! From the time I ordered, it would take them a maximum of 15 to 20 minutes to deliver. Another good thing I noticed about the staff was that although tips do get you that extra bit of service, but they treat you nicely anyway. On my way in and out I was offered complimentary juice and traditional Thai snacks for free. Very happy with Ibis! Will definitely try and make a trip here with the wife! J

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank manoj t
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights during Songkran. The check-in process was a little bit slow due to the peak season, that was acceptable for me. Room looks exactly like what is shown on the picture, bathroom was relatively small, not recommended for big size people. I saw a room that have additional bed for 3rd person and that takes away quite some space in the room left only a narrow walk way at the end of beds.

We had the room facing to the road instead of swimming pool. It was quiet at night, but due to the bar opposite the hotel you might heard some people shouting or yelling. However, that is not happening all night long.

We didn't try the food in the hotel because there are many options out there. We did check out the swimming pool, it was kind of small from my point of view. It can be easily fill up if you visit there during peak season.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HirschRaphael, General Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear "Joey K"

Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted that you have had a good stay with us at the Ibis Phuket Patong during the "Songkran Festival" Thai New Year one of the Peak season week end.

I Would like to inform that the Bar oposite of the road participate also to the Songkran celebration and was loud and busy till midnight

We Hope to welcome you back again at the Ibis Phuket Patong.

Best regards.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

It's clean, it's cozy and its continently located in Patong
It's not on the main road which runs parallel to Pating beach but in one of smaller roads
It's got great eating options nearby and it's not far from the beach as well
You can't see the beach or hear the noise/hustle bustle of the beach… but good thing is that it's only 5 minute walk away
We found the rooms cozy - they were small - esp the bathrooms but they were worth every penny paid for it

• Stayed April 2013
HirschRaphael, General Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Tsmathur,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Phuket.

I was delighted to read that you discribe us as value for money as well located.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It might get expensive if you went out all day.. there are many cheaper hotel..
Will not enjoy the facilities much, will you?

But the wifi and internet cafe on the lobby area are the great one.. salute!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank icun512
Dear Icun512,

We very much appreciate your comments affordable place and great in room and public area wifi at the Ibis Patong Phuket. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stay at Ibis hotels a lot. This is different as it close to beach, lots of different nationalities and assortment of guests from families to same sex groups on a jolly. Best thing about hotel is the very comfortable bed. The staff were very helpful when required but seem overrun at busy times such as breakfast which is no great shakes. The dining room seems far to small for the amount of guests. Out of all the hotels we have stayed in when in Patong this is among the worst for breakfast, if we stayed here again we would go elsewhere for breakfast. Didn't use it but the pool looked great, didn't seem to be anyone to stop people getting out of pool and dripping water through tiled foyer and into lifts. We only used hotel on way through to airport, stayed three nights that was more than enough, not really somewhere to spend your holiday. Really nice place but to Hi De Hi. Looking forward to our trips through France soon. We will of course be staying in our favourite Ibis hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

CantonaEric, General Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Muvinrom,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of the Ibis Phuket Patong on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy our very confortable bed.

Thank you also for your pool comment, We hope that you will have the time to take a swim in it on your next visit.

We take in consideration your constructive comment about the Peak Time Breakfast period and will find suitable solution.

We Hope the experience will not alter your confindence in the Ibis Phuket Patong and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again

Best regards.