“the best experience so far”

Casa Jip Guesthouse
Ranked #69 of 401 Patong B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“the best experience so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Casa Jip 4 nights and we could not be more happy there. We had lovely apartman in 5th floor. Every service was absolutely perfect. British style of breakfast was very tasty, fresh and exactly what we needed. The owner Nicolas and his wife were always helpfull and keen to solve every our problem and we had many problems... They stored our bags for our trip to Ko Phi Phi without any comments or Nicolas helped to get quite cheep taxi for us as well. In the end, this hotel was our real home when we had to go through food poisining issues. We are so glad to stay here and if we have another chance to go to Phuket I wanna stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Petr89

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I like it because it is very close to the action pretty much less than 10 minutes walk to the beach bars and shopping mall and markets no need for overpriced taxis or tuk tuks.I recommend it for good size rooms modern and super clean and great advise from the family that owns and runs it and the rates more than worth it for the attention you receive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank nigel r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room was lovely and big. The shower was fab. The air conditioning worked really well (we are staying elsewhere and now realise how good it was!)

Owner very friendly and offered helpful advice about whatever we asked for.

Unfortunately no lift.

Thanks

:D

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Steffiy44
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I walked around and checked out several hotels before I chose this one over other more expensive places.

The good:
Nice, average size room.
Bathroom while very basic had a nice shower.
The owner was a nice guy.
The price.

The bad:
I didn't see any of the staff smile even once, and a local girl I stayed with said that the night receptionist said something not so nice to her. I never got a translation though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sune J
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here in June 2010. It’s on a quiet small side street with little to no party noise at night. 10minute walk to the beach and Restaurants and the crazy night life of Phuket. No elevator so if you don’t travel light then asks for a low floor. The owner is great, super friendly and very accommodating. The room was clean and had air-conditioning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JK_team
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at Casa Jip for 8 days. While there I had them do my laundry. They cleaned, and folded the items. However, they attempted to use a very hot iron on my pants. Columbia high tech pants do not need to be ironed, nor due they hold up well to a very hot iron. My $90.00 pants melted in the crotch.
But the grip here is really that Casa Jip knew.... they ruined my pants and then folded them, and placed them in the middle of my laundry. My stay there was twice the price I paid for the room. It's hard to excuse dishonesty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank John C
casajipguesthouse, Owner at Casa Jip Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear John,
I'm really sorry for what happened, but if you told us we could take the responsibility.
We pay a lot of money of insurance and your pant could be easily be paid.
I don’ t understand what is the point to complain after when you get at home.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The room is large with the facilities of a fridge, tv, kettle and air con. The bed was extra comfy with quality sheets. The shower was huge, hot and powerful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I didn't want to leave!! A really nice stay in the centre of Patong.

• Stayed April 2013