“The view, the food and the cocktails are top notch”
Review of Joe's Downstairs

Joe's Downstairs
Ranked #105 of 706 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Multi-Award winning Joe's Downstairs is well known as "The" place to dine on the west coast of Phuket. Serving an ecclectic mix of only the freshest ingredients available. One of Phuket's most stunning restaurants Joe's Downstairs is located right on the sea with breathtaking views of Kalim Bay and Patong Bay. This backdrop, combined with the all white interior and terrazzo bar make Joe's a great Phuket restaurant to meet friends for drinks, a Wine Spectator award winning wine list, cocktail bar, an extensive tapas menu, and exquisitely prepared main courses ranging all the way from The Famous Joe's Burger to Live Maine Lobster.
Reviewed September 24, 2017

If you want a proper cocktail and some good food, with a view and a more upscale environment that the rest of Patong Beach, Joe's is a place you must try. Every trip to Patong I have dinner and drinks there at least one time. Make your reservations for 6 pm for the 6:30 sunset.

The pulled pork and chips is amazing, so is the crab cake. Also the bar selection is so much better than most of Patong's bars. Dress nice, have a nice night out.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Tapas was excellent , main course for the duck was good but the only sad thing was the lamb loin, it is very disappointing when the rice came undercooked , it is like eating a raw rice. Should informed the chef that pilaf rice it is a middle east style of cooking rice and full with flavour but not a hard rice .
Hopefully the management can reconsider about the menu

Susanne U, Manager at Joe's Downstairs, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Thanks for your comments, we take every comment very seriously. This is a very popular dish and we have never had a complaint before. However, I will check it out. Thank you

Reviewed September 15, 2017

what can i say i want to eat my lunch with panorama view lol so here is it.
just want to take life slowly and chill near the beach with nice food.
I have to admit it that it was a nice meal. some Foie gras dumplings and pork steak with purple rice sorry I never remember what did I eat because I been too many places around.
but even its nice food but its expensive for me. only will visit here again in case I got some really special days. but if you dont mind about budget so here is one of good choices too.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

A beautiful location with a great menu. We ordered from the tapas and were not disappointed. A bit overpriced for Patong but something different. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

Susanne U, Manager at Joe's Downstairs, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

So pleased you enjoyed Joes. We are a little more expensive due to the location, plus we offer the best quality of imported and local produce.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

I went there with a party of 8 adults. The food was delicious and came fast which we appreciated. The small lights given out with the menus were an interesting and nice touch. I had a lemony gin drink, and it was perfect. The only negative thing here is it is way overpriced to be a 5 star. For 8 adults, only 2 were drinkers, and had 2 drinks each, the tab was about $500, which was a bit heavy for Phuket in my honest opinion. Other than that, if money is not an obstacle I think it's worth exploring when you miss westernish food.

Thanks so much for your review. Our prices are a little higher than in the restaurants closer to town or in Patong due to our location. Also we try to offer only the best quality imported and local produce.

Been to Joe's Downstairs? Share your experiences!