Summer Breeze Hotel
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$86
$56
$144
Hotels.com
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$116
$85
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$213
$181
Hotels.com
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket(Patong)(Great Value!)
$74
Official Site
Burasari Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$118
$86
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
$81
$71
$142
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park(Patong)(Great Value!)
$89
Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$82
All reviewssoi san sabaithe penthousebangla roadpatong beachhome away from homeno elevatorthai and western foodpleasure of stayingrooms are cleanhotel barfriendly hotellaundry servicequiet at nightbangla rdlight sleeperroom cleaningfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Summer Breeze Hotel
Soi SanSabai
Patong Beach
Phuket
Thailand

My stay was from Sunday 5th December, 2010 to Monday 13th December, 2010

I came to Patong Beach on Phuket Island to have a vacation and also to go flying around the coastline and over the mountains. See below re the flying.

The Summer Breeze Hotel is, as some of the TripAdvisor reviewers write, a home away from home. You have your room, everyone is nice, nothing is a problem, it is not overly expensive, you get your laundry done the same day, the food is good, there is a bar where you can sit and watch the other tourists go by if you want to, there is no pressure from street vendors at all, and the list of positives goes on.
There were no ants, no cockroaches, no mosquitos, no other pests there. No stray dogs or cats, no noisy birds. No unwanted or unpleasant people. It was very peaceful. The other guests were fine as well.

The Summer Breeze Hotel is decorated in what I would call pastel colours. The walls in the stair wells are painted with birds and ornate artwork and so are the walls in the room I had. There are a lot of framed prints on the walls. The Summer Breeze Hotel is kind of a boutique hotel, I would say.

I had a room on the top floor, overlooking a quiet side, although you can hear disco noise throughout the evening, so I made sure the windows were closed and the aircon on and a bottle of water by the bedside and I slept very well. The bed was very comfortable indeed. I am 6’1” tall and it was quite OK. I had a Summer Suite and it was the room I asked for when making the original booking over the phone.
It’s a climb of four storeys - 73 steps – because there aren’t elevators there. I can tell you, I was packing an extra few kilos of "excess baggage" when I got there but the stairs helped me develop some strength - enough to cope with them.
At first, after a meal and a few beers, I did not look forward to "the climb" but by Wednesday morning I was fine.
I had leg massages as well in the local area and that helped me repair some built muscle.

The room was totally OK. I paid high season rates and I look forward to the low season rates next trip, and probably the same room. I give the Summer Breeze Hotel ten out of ten for an all round score. If you’re out and about, and you go back to the Hotel, once you are there you are safe, sound and feeling good. The Summer Breeze Hotel is a haven in that regard. Safe and sound and relaxing.

The housekeeping staff are nice and tend to get to know you in a friendly way. They smile, as do lots of people in Thailand. They kept my room nice and clean and well looked after. Because I was a single male traveller, the girls (women) working there made friends with me in a sisterly way and when one asked where I was going and I said “Shopping” she said she wanted to come along too. It was all very friendly and happy.

There is also free WiFi that works really well both in the room and in the restaurant/bar/general area. I had no trouble using email, surfing the Web and using Skype to talk for hours – all free.

I will stay there again because it is nice and clean, and friendly, and easy for the guests, and very close to a huge number of restaurants. And very close to the biggest shopping complex in Phuket - JungCeylon. That's a good reason alone to stay at the Summer Breeze Hotel. There is a big supermarket there called Carrefours (pronounced: Car Fours) which has a huge range of fresh food and groceries. I was buying stocks of fresh fruit juices, Perrier, beers and chocolates, etc.

P.S. Do not confuse the Summer Breeze Hotel with the Summer Breeze Inn. They are not the same places.

P.P.S. I have done a lot of coastal flying and Phuket is one to do, for sure. There is an Airpark 45 minutes drive from the Summer Breeze Hotel where, if you are a pilot, you can go in their 2-seater Zenith 701 with the instructor and fly around at 1,000' or lower. It is superb. I did Phang Nga Bay one morning and a west coast scenic flight another morning and some circuits and general flying on a third morning.
If you are not a pilot but think it is something you want to do, then contact them at www.phuketairpark.com and go from there and you can do a flight which would be like you are already a pilot. The cost was 6,000THB per hour and it is very good value. To get to the airpark, drive north on Hwy 402 towards the Airport from Patong and, at the 2 Sisters Monument (aka Victory Monument), turn right onto Hwy 4027 and go for 6.5 kms and you are there. There is a sign on the left side of the road just after the 4-lane road turns to 2 lanes that clearly says Phuket Airpark. At that sign, turn right onto the driveway (unsealed as of December 2010) and follow it, parallel to RWY13/31 to the hangar, which is on the right side, parallel to the threshold of RWY31.
See one of the Taxi guys outside the Summer Breeze Hotel and it will probably be 1,000 baht for them to take you there and wait for up to 2 hours then bring you back. I tipped them accordingly. For example, if we stopped an The Big C shopping on the way back I gave them extra or if they were particularly informative, etc. Make it 1,000 baht per hour so 30 mins is 500 baht, etc. They will be more than happy with that.

Another good trip from the Summer Breeze Hotel is to the south to the Cape. Do that one by taxi and take your camera with you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cherokee235
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We arrived a little bit later than expected and were able to easily locate the Summer Breeze Hotel after a very short 3 minute walk from the Jungceylon shopping mall. It is located far enough away from Bangla to not be affected by the noisy nightlife, yet close enough to get right in the middle of it at a moments notice. Upon checking in, we were greeted by Bill (the owner) and his friendly staff. One of my friends didn't have the correct power adapter for his gadgets and was quickly provided one to use. The three of us stayed in the Summer Suite rooms. The rooms were very clean with crisp white sheets on the comfortable beds. The rooms each had a large comfortable sitting area where we would meet prior to heading out. (They also doubled as a nice place to sit and enjoy the free internet) The bathrooms were clean and the showers had no problems with hot water which I had read can be a problem at some of the other hotels around Patong. We spent quite a bit of time sitting in the cafe on the ground floor because of the great food and peaceful environment. We arranged to have a party on the final day of our trip and Bill and his staff provided an excellent spread of food for our group and even hired a guy that cooked up some delicious bar-b-que for us. Overall, we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and agreed that we would definitely stay at the Summer Breeze Hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We just returned from our second stay at the Summer Breeze Hotel in Patong, and we enjoyed it so much that we wanted to share this gem with other folks who may travel in these parts. I have visited hotels big and small around the world for more than 30 years, and the Summer Breeze is at the very top of the list for hospitality. The owner and every member of the staff are genuinely friendly and make every effort to ensure that you have the most enjoyable stay possible. That, plus the facilities and location are a guarantee that you’ll have an unforgettable stay in Patong.

Location, location, location! The Summer Breeze is perfectly situated at 171 Soi Sansabai, on Patong Beach, just over 100 meters from the head of Bangla Road and the Jungceylon shopping mall. Bangla Road itself is little more than half a km in length, so the hotel is also an easy walk to the beach. This puts you right in the heart of Patong’s vibrant nightlife; outstanding restaurants for every taste, endless shopping, and dozens of evening establishments a mere 5 minutes from your door.

We stayed in one of the summer suites both times. Bedroom, bathroom with plenty of hot water, nicely furnished living area, cable TV, good AC and fans, well-stocked mini-fridge, free WiFi, and room service. One of the first things you’ll notice is how clean the rooms are. I’m not talking about the industrial antiseptic/deodorant “clean” you get in big hotels. I’m talking about the spotless total-attention-to-detail clean you only get in places that really go the extra mile – and in the humid tropical climate of Patong, trust me, this is a feature you will really appreciate.

All rooms have a safe for your documents and valuables. Beyond that, the Hotel has round-the-clock security staff and CCTV. We really liked the way the suite was organized, with the bathroom between the bedroom and living room. The living room was well lit by the large window, but the bedroom was sheltered from the morning light, so whether you are jet-lagged or Bangla-lagged, you can sleep peacefully as late as you like. Speaking of which, the queen-size bed gave excellent even support, with a luxurious pillow top my girlfriend raved over. Can’t say I disagree, and over the course of a long visit, it’s a feature you’ll appreciate more every night.

While great food is available all over Patong, sometimes its nice to just relax over a meal at home, and the Summer Breeze has you covered. About half the restaurant menu is excellent quality Thai specialties, with the rest split between American and European comfort-food favorites. I had the fresh local catch of the day when we arrived, and it was everything you would expect at dockside. Perfectly fresh, perfectly prepared, with a Thai flare that elevated it to a level you’d be hard put to match anywhere else. If you’re more in the mood for a burger & fries, a nice steak, or an Italian dish, the quality and preparation are just as good. For special occasions, the restaurant offers a climate-controlled cabinet stocked with fine wines. Good bar too, with a BIG screen TV that runs pretty strongly to sports throughout the afternoon and evening.

My girlfriend and I spent one evening at the famous Fantasea performance at Kamala beach. We just let the Summer Breeze staff know, and they took care of the details. A car came to pick us up right at the entrance of the hotel. If you’re more in the mood for deep sea fishing, elephant trekking, a day-trip (or longer) to Phi Phi Island, no problem, the staff will set it up. You just need to get yourself to the lobby on time. They can also tell you where to find any restaurant or shop you may want to visit. All of the staff speak at least fair English, some good, some perfect, so it’s really easy to find out whatever you want to know.

Our first visit was in March. We didn’t have any problem reserving a room a few weeks in advance. Our second visit was in late September, which is customarily the low season. Again no problem with reservations, but the hotel was full throughout our stay, and we saw a number of hopeful walk-ins leave disappointed. From what I hear, the high season is booked months in advance, so whenever you plan to stay, get in touch with the hotel and make your reservations in plenty of time. The hotel will also arrange for you to be picked up from, and dropped off at the airport. It costs about 6$ more than the airport taxis but its really nice to clear customs after that looooooong flight and see someone there waiting with your name on a card to chauffer you to your destination. Take a comfortable snooze on the 30 minute ride to the hotel, then you’ll be ready to kick your vacation off to a great start as soon as you arrive. http://www.summerbreezehotel.com/

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fleetfeetpete
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This was not my first stay at Summer Breeze and over the last 2 years I have been back several times due to great location, friendly American boss and staff and top notch restaurant.

As Summer Breeze is so close to the Bangla nightlife with no joiner fees and experienced security always making it a safe stay in what could be sometimes a pretty Wild West environment. The staff are freindly and helpful. The rooms are clean and ask for the quiet side overlooking JungCeylon if you are a light sleeper like me as Soi Sansabai keeps going till late. Free internet and delicious food in the lobby bar are easy to recommend too.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Shabby rooms with amateurish painted murals on the walls, no lift (elevator) - cleaners shouting outside the room from about 8 am onwards - not good in a resort where most people are out late at night! Rounded off by staff begging for tips as I checked out.
All in all........ rubbish.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends