New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of C & N Hotel

C & N Hotel
Ranked #68 of 306 Hotels in Patong
Wiltshire
“Great location, reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was in Phuket and felt that I had to visit Patong just to see if it was as people described - it is....

I stayed at the C&N because it was cheap and in the right place. The crazy Bangla road is a very short walk away and the beach a few more minutes walk.

The room was tired but clean enough. The balcony looked out onto the side street where the hotel reception is located. Fridge, safe, A/C, shower etc all worked and were clean enough. The railing on the balcony was VERY low and going out there after a few drinks to admire the (dull) view would not be a good idea.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was good. Staff all spoke good English and were very friendly.

If you want to sample Patong for a day or two this place is fine but I wouldn't bring the kids and would not stay too long.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank billy920

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Our experience at C&N was excellent, from check in to check out.
1. Location - very central yet is not within earshot of a night club. You only have to walk a few metres from the front door before you are amongst the hussel and bustle.
2. Rooms - clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. No spectacular views to write home about but who needs a great view when you can take a stroll to the beach or bars?
3. Massage Centre - I had an hour long massage and it was very well price (under $10) and was up there in my top five. It is a must do, particularly if you have just jumped off a plane.
4. Breakfast was included in the rate and it was excellent. If you are a buffet fan like my partner, in one sitting you can have; cereal, juicce, omlette, pad thai, stir fry and fruit (yes, all in the one morning!). The chef will cook you an fantastic omelete in front of you - this was a highlight.
5. Staff - the team at C&N were wonderfully helpful and friendly.
The rate was extremely good and was inclusive of breakfast. C&N represents excellent value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelChooks
Darwin82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We stayed at C&N Hotel in Patong on two occasions during February 2009 and found it to be great value for 1300 baht per night (about AUD65/night). If you are going to stay in Patong when you go to Phuket I would highly recommend C&N Hotel. The staff are friendly and the service fantastic (including the free pick-up from the airport when you stay for 3 nights or more which otherwise costs about 600 baht – about AUD30). The breakfasts were awesome and set us up for the whole day – usual buffet with fruit, cereal, pastries & cake, bacon, eggs (including a cook who will make you eggs any way you like them), lots of Thai breakfast choices, juices plus tea and coffee.

The location of C&N can not be beat. It is literally seconds from the main street (Bangla road) where all the action is and a 5 minute walk from the beach. Despite it being so close to all the craziness of Bangla road, the lane that C&N is on is fairly quite and definitely within the hotel none of the action can be heard.

Connected to the hotel is C&N Massage which I would highly recommend. I had a full body scrub and mask (if you haven’t yet had an oil massage yet be warned this includes your breasts!) and lots of foot massages which I would defiantly recommend.

On our first stay we stayed in a twin bed room which had air conditioning, mini-bar, TV, nice big clean bathrooms and plenty of space. The only thing missing was tea/coffee making facilities (but that is being really picky).

We came back early from our stay on Koh Yao and so stayed at C&N again, this time in a double room which had a king size bed. Again, everything was fantastic.

When I was trying to determine where in Phuket to stay I couldn’t find any information about the advantages of each area and so I will say here as I assume you considering Patong as a choice of destination…. I would caution that if you are more of a ‘peace-loving soul’ rather a party animal maybe one of Phuket’s other beaches would be more suited to you. It is a very interesting and entertaining place but certainly not a relaxing beach destination. That said I went with my 59 year old mother and we had a ball!

• Stayed February 2009
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

C & N Hotel Patong, had a great stay there.Every mebmber of staff we always pleasnt and helpful. Always good humoured. Rooms very clean and airy. Only concern was rail on balcony very low. Otherwise everything else very good. Good value especially in low season with pay 3 & 1 free promotion. No joiner charge. Nice resturant and good prices.Location excellent.I willstay there again

Ballymena, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

1 min from all the action in patong (bangla road) for a great price)... nice staff! nice room! big bathroom but no shower screen or curtain so everywhere gets wet! great buffet breakfast included in the price... will def stay here again! location a+++

• Liked — location location location
  • Disliked — slippy floor after showing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank melaniextwo
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I only stayed at this hotel one night as a stopover to another location, so I can't give much informed commentary.

The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom seemed a little old, but was more than adequate.

The price was quite reasonable, especially for people who want somewhere that is close to the nightlife. During low season, if you have the energy, you may have some luck negotiating price.

I talked to the senior receptionist when I first got there, and was so impressed that I deliberately didn't talk to anyone else after that. She talked to me as if we were just becoming friends (this is a very difficult trick to pull off), yet did not once seem obsequious. She must be an excellent role model to the junior staff. I wish I could recall her name (it was a beautiful name, I remember thinking), but it probably wouldn't be appropriate to write it here anyway.

• Liked — Professionalism and courtesy of senior receptionist
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

I have read lots or reviews about C&N hotel on this website and others, all with high regards, however I was shocked when I checked into my room.

First, I'll say for the price ~1400 Baht, including breakfast, during November was a great deal. However, the hotel did not exceed my expectations for this price tag in anyway. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk from Bangla Rd, Jungle Ceylon shopping mall, and Patong Beach...all in the plus column.

The room did not look like those I saw in the pictures on their website or anywhere else for that matter. I'm not sure if they had remodeled part of the hotel, and I was in an old room, or if my expectations were too high. I didn't complain, because it was about what I expected for such a reasonable price so close to the beach.

My room was small, a queen sized bed stuffed in next to a closet and tv. The bathroom was old, the tile job looked like third world, and the toilet was a maroon color that they must have picked up second had and installed as a replacement because it didn't fit the room. I also saw ants in the bathroom, which I is a big turnoff when I stay at a hotel.

The rest of the hotel, the location, etc. were great. I can't comment on the service of the staff, as I'm a pretty low maintenance guest, other than the room was cleaned daily. If I had known there really were other great rooms available, I would have complained. Make sure you get one of their nice rooms that some say really do exist....

I've included a few pictures, if you want more, or to hear about some of the interesting stuff I did while in Phuket you can check it out here: http://ronintraveler.blogspot.com/2007/12/day-1-bangkok-getting-settled.html

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo