“Good value for location”
Review of C & N Hotel

C & N Hotel
Ranked #52 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The rooms here are fairly ordinary for the standard room and slightly better for the upgrade rooms. But the price range of 800 to 1000 baht/night makes it a good value.

The location is great if you are spending a lot of time at Bangla Road for the nightlife as it is as close as you can get without being on the street itself.

I never bothered with eating at the hotel as there are many other options nearby. The big shopping mall, Jungceylon is a couple hundred meters away. The beach is one block away as well.

It's nice to walk back to the room after a night of partying. The tuktuks are minimum of 200 baht even if the distance is short so that can add up if you stay somewhere too far to walk easily.

Room Tip: I would pay slightly more for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rich H

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've experienced and very disappointing event while staying at your C & N Hotel In Patong Beach. Something that should have been a joy and pleasure has turned into a complete emotional rollercoaster. It has to do with your little promotion to offer a 30% discount on All Treatments at the C & N Massage business attached to the hotel.

Below info are from their own C & N Hotel Website:
All promotion included:
- Daily Breakfast at C&N Restaurant
- Welcome drink in the room
- One way transfer from Phuket Airport to hotel (Should be informed flight details at least 3 days before arrival date)
- Complimentary late check out until 13.00 pm. (Subject to room availability)
- 30% discount on all treatment at C&N Massage

When you ask for the discount and show the coupon at the Massage Center, it's treated like it was sent from Outerspace and has no meaning at all to their staff. Then after much discussion, they said they would honor the coupon on a slimming treatment only. I'm sure they said this, because I'm 170cm tall and weigh 50 kg. and they knew I wouldn't use such a treatment.

The above occurred on Saturday, May 24, 2013.

After a discussion with the Hotel Manager, I was informed that the coupon would be honored for any treatments except The Tendon Massage, Foot Massage, and the Thai Massage. I asked if the packages would be alright and the manager of the hotel said that would be OK. I said to the manager that I wasn't in the mood for a massage at the moment and that I would try it in a day or two.

Returning to the Massage Center on Monday, May 26, 2013, and it was almost an exact repeat of the process we experienced on the 24th.

This time, the manager was not present at the hotel and my boyfriend's temper started to show. He is not Thai and when he gets mad, it becomes very uncomfortable to be around him.

All things said and done, we will not be using your services at the Spa and It's an unfortunate event that we just want to put behind us.

The offer to give a discount is truely NOT an OFFER at All.

The Staff doesn't understand the purpose of a promotion. A Promotion is to Show Off how great your company is, not to act like the customer is a low life not paying the full price and as such should be treated as a Non-Revenue customer that should just have to take it or leave it whatever they get.

I've been in the Travel Business most of my adult life and have rarely seen such a complete failure of a promotion before.

We will inform all of our friends of this event. These days it's pretty easy to earn as you have, A Bad Reputation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sf C
Reviewed May 20, 2013

its a centrally located place with excellent value for ur money, i stayed in 800 baht in a double room and was impressed with the quaility of service and standards.
the breakfast is great and the hotel staff very friendly. its bang in the action but still not so noisy...the nearest bar is tai pan which you caan hear in the night faintly.
jung ceylon the mall is a stones throw, the bangla road is up close and the patong beach is a 5 minute stroll...
strongly recommend.

Room Tip: all rooms are almost the same.....the superior rooms are more spacious i guess.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed solo for 4 days, 3 night in a see-through room.

The moment I arrived in Phuket, I was greeted by a charming fellow holding my name card, I was then chauffeured in a Harrier to the hotel, then my were taken to my room by the bellboy. I felt like a VIP, for only 40USD a night. That was my first impression of C&N hotel on my virgin trip to Phuket.

The room was small, but clean, modern, and well equipped. It even had a couch.

Location is top notch for this hotel, its right next to Bangla road. and one minute walk away from
Jungceylon. Beach road is about 10 minutes walk through Bangla road.

Hotel's breakfast was simple, but good. Choices were limited, but I personally prefer hunting out for my own.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I spent ten days at C & N during December of 2012/January 2013. I opted to try the hotel based on recommendations from Tripadviser and Phuket-info. I was not dissapointed!
Here are the positives:
1) Value. Affordable even in peak season. I paid approximately 1800/baht per night.
2) Location. Just steps from Bangla Road and Jungceylon Mall.
3) Cleanliness. The hotel was absolutely spotless and housekeepers cleaned my room daily.
4) Modern Rooms. My room was updated with a flat-screen TV, glass shower, modern furniture, and electric outlets that accepted US style plugs.
5) Excellent Service. The hotel provided transportation from Phuket Airport (included in room rate) and provided a refund when I had to check out early due to a change in my airline reservation.
Negatives:
1) No pool or gym. However, the Yorkshire Hotel gym and Phuket Gym are both in walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bobcat85705
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a very nice 3 star hotel. Very clean and the beds are very comfortable. Rooms are basic. I have stayed here over 20 times. I prefer the new section at back as it had no bathtubs. Hot water is only in shower not the sink. Older section (by 2 or 3 yesrs) has had rooms refurbished so they are about 500 baht higher in price. Breakfast is basic but fine with egg ststion and both european and asisn selections. TV choices are okay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank FirstClassPax
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just came back after a 4 days stay in Patong and C & N Hotel Patong. So far it was the best choice in terms of location, value and service. It is located just 2 mins walk from Bangla road, and 5 mins from Patong beach, 3 mins from the biggest shopping mall in Patong and surrounded by lots of restaurants, shopping centres and seven eleven in just across the road.
Rooms in what we stayed on were nice and basic, with a nice view from balcony to the mountains and Phuket town. Bed was comfortable and good king size. Bathroom was basic and lots of warm water available. They provide beach towels, which was really nice. Breakfast didn’t have enough choices but was reasonable. They had egg stand and you can enjoy the omelettes of your choice.
The only problem was the lady at the reception; I had never seen her smiling (I stayed there 4 days). She was helpful but rude enough to never ask help to her again.
Over all I would highly recommend this hotel as it the best value, location and great service. I will surely come back again.

Room Tip: C & N spa is good but over priced. Try the Massage at the right front of the hotel (Girls with b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends