“great base”
Review of Nipa Resort

Nipa Resort
Ranked #119 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 24, 2012

me and my partner stayed at the nipa resort back in september 2010. This is a small hotel and is a great base for staying in patong. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from the beach and all the restaurants and nightlife meaning you can also get a good nights sleep. The hotel is clean and comfortable and we had no issues whilst staying here and i would reccomend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma C

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We travelled as a large group and had 5 pool access rooms booked, I was not aware beforehand about the private pool access rooms. 4 of our rooms were attached to the private pool, which was a much cooler temperature that the main pool, and one of our rooms was attached to the main pool. This could not have worked out better, our party of 9 had access to both pools, with room 109 being the main docking station for our group as it was the best room positioned on the main pool. The hotel is in walking distance to the main jungceylon shopping centre which acts a shortcut straight to Bangla road. It is not the easiest of walks as there is not much of a footpath, but is well within walking distance. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast hosts a good spread of food, with bacon every morning and eggs cooked to order, along with all the other usual breakfast foods you would expect. there is a 7/11 located just at the back of the hotel, which makes it easy to pick up supplies. This is my 3rd visit to Phuket and my first visit to Nipa, I will be staying there at my next trip to Phuket! I have travelled all over the world and can safely say this hotel is the best I have stayed in, can not reccommend enough!

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are a must, there are 2 pools to choose from, even numbered rooms 102-116 have...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Leanne B
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel EXCEPT the male receptionist who works nights is SO rude. He refused to check us in at first (we arrived at midnight) and lied and said all the rooms are full. When I showed him my confirmation booking SUDDENLY THE ROOM WAS AVAILABLE. Apart from that brilliant place. If I were the boss I would fire that receptionist he treated us like dirt.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank samikrimmy
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Although set bit further back this hotel was only 5 minutes walk from plenty restaurants and lots going on in Bangla Road as well as all gay area. Beach also not much further, Rooms were very confortable and clean. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Lovely pool with food available. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: I preferred pool view but not at pool to avoid insects but not sure if necessary?
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

i stayed one month December 2011 with 8 year old daughter.The staff at this resort are the best i have dealt with my daughter did not want to leave. I was upgraded to pool view which was very nice. Rooms cleaned before 12 and very clean. Lift to upper levels.Pool good size and never crowded over Xmas.Breakfast ok with good choices. Restaurant meals very good good Thai..Very quiet of a night' Location is ok if good set of walking legs as is a bit far beach and nightlife. transport provided free twice a day to beach etc, but did find used taxi a lot. Once again must mention the staff who cared for us and made it a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: Try upgrade to pool view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roys5
Reviewed December 5, 2011

we chose well. It is at a walking distance (10 minutes) to the beach, and far enough to have a quite night for a good rest.
The facilities are good, the pool is very nice. The rooms are OK. The restaurant for breakfast is good. Employees are very nice and helpful.
Good value for the price payed.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the renovated sector of the hotel. The others are fine, but with a bit old look.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AfricanBride
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel from 23th of October to 3th Noverber. I like this hotel very much, everything is very clean and cosy. Especially I want emphasize a massage at the hotel, very good, I advice it everybody. Not far away from Patong Beach. What I didn'l like at all is breakfast at the hotel, very poor and untasty. Tea and coffee are awful. There was no even poor water to drink.
What about Patong Beach I can't advice it for your rest. Water motorcycles are everywhere, you can swim in the water and it could be right around you and you smell fuel. That's awful, I've never seen the same somewhere else. Even if I go to Phuket again never to Patong.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple