Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
$16
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/09/22
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Location wise, for me it's one of the best positions in the town, and with a decent car park. The room was clean, and the furniture good quality, the staff were on hand with a smile when the internet played up.

The accommodation I was billeted in is/was too small, it is not 25 square meters as advertised. The room dimension is 3.5 x 4, and that includes the tiniest shower room I have ever had the misfortune to take my ablutions in. There is barely 50 centimeters between the toilet and the wall, in this confined space you somehow have to take a shower. There is a nightclub/disco within the hotel, and though a room at the rear spares you the noise, I was woken both nights around 1.30 by caterwauling women in the car park. The breakfast was poor, and the internet erratic.

In truth The Baiyoke Chalet is a very ordinary hotel, I will revert to my usual hostelry, (just across the road) though it is nearly double the price, in any future sojourns to Mae Hong Son. 8/20

Room tip: Take a room as far away from the live music in the bar/nightclub as possible.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Nickthailand
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here only a few nights, because I wanted to be in the town centre within easy walking distance of the lake. The hotel is large, with many rooms and a beautiful garden.

Airport transfers are included with the room price, which is great, although admittedly the airport is not far from the town centre, in fact you could walk.

The room was very clean, maybe a bit dark, but nicely decorated and comfortable, and with a large window. The breakfast in the restaurant at street level was fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

The reception staff were helpful but a little shy in speaking English. Foreign travellers should remember that outside of the large tourist areas of Thailand, many Thai people are not fluent in English and hesitant to speak for fear of making a mistake. As Mae Hong Son is a very small town in North Thailand, to expect Bangkok levels of communication is somewhat unrealistic.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank one2ormany
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We found the Baiyoke Chalet to be, on balance, surprisingly good. There weren't many guests, and I think the staff booked us into two of the largest rooms -- which was fine with me. The rooms were spacious and well furnished, and everything -- plumbing, air conditioning, wifi -- worked smoothly. We had balconies facing the Kong Mu hill, with a clear view of the wat at its top. Staff at the front desk seemed almost entirely without English (though friendly and eager to please), and service at breakfast was a bit lacking in cordiality, but those were the only features that were even slightly negative. The location is just about perfect, across an intersection from the post office, a few dozen meters from the Jong Kham lake and the thoroughly charming night market, and within easy walking distance of everything (except the airport if you have heavy luggage). The town is small, so most of the hotels and guesthouses are conveniently located, but the Baiyoke Chalet probably edges out most of the competition in that regard. I'd happily stay there again.

Room tip: I liked the third floor.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Xiengkhouang
Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you know the expression TiT, This is Thailand you will know it is a comment on some of the unique goings on in Thailand and that to me is how the Baiyoke Chalet Hotel seems to be. The hotel is situated pretty much in the centre of Mae Hong Son and right across from the evening street market so it is easy to get around from there. It has good off road parking and a garden area with seating where sometimes they serve drinks, just when is more difficult to define. The rooms are reasonably comfortable and spacious with a western style bathroom which when, at the time of writing, you consider you can stay and have breakfast for less than £20 ($30). Breakfast varies, on previous occasions that I have stayed at the Baiyoke Chalet it has been a buffer but on the time that this review refers to it was served to you which is not as good in my opinion. The bar sort of opens about 9pm although I am sure you could get a drink before that if you wanted one. They have live music, of a sort. Then night I was there it seemed like this was the practice venue for some college kids band. One night is fine, but I am not sure I would stay longer.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Was sort of disappointed with the room. Lots of concrete and sorta noisy with primitive shower. Everything worked and was okay for 1 night. Don't pay too much. No pool during my stay.

Room tip: quieter in back
Date of stay: April 2011