All reviews free tea in town the owner an ideal place mae hong son loop night market per night villa motorcycle motorbiking cleanliness pai mhs
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Looks like a lovely retreat . Unfortunately I wasn’t able to stay because we brought our dog up from Pai I googled pet friendly places in Maehongson and Gims cane up number 1 so I binned it through Hotels.com When I arrived I was told we couldn’t have him Luckily we weren’t far from home just a couple hours so we went back to Pai . Fern Resort allows pets FYI . The lady at reception was nice enough to make sure we were refunded however . Thank you and good luck

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

This is an ideal place to stay if you don't mind being out of town. We had a motorcycle so we're able to do the 3km ish run into town easily. The hotel is comprised of a set of lovely little bungalows. Spotlessly clean and very helpful staff. We paid £20 per night for the bungalow and we're highly delighted. Lovely peaceful retreat. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

So glad I have booked this place for 2 nights. It was a great stay, we have good night sleeps at this peaceful place, so quiet, room clean and well maintained. See photos.
I was worried before that it would be difficult access from main road, but turn out it was easy thanks to their brilliant signage from main road to the resort. There are bright red sign boards every few hundred meters and visible at night to because they are reflective.
Plenty of parking space at site. Big dining area at the reception. My booking was without breakfast, but there were free tea, coffee and cookies.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2017

We were very pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of our villa. I admit that my initial reaction was not overly positive, but its charm grew on me. The peaceful resort is located a couple of kilometers from the center of town among the tranquil rice paddies. You'll sleep really good over there. It is not a luxury resort catering to the 1%, rather it is an honest accommodation which does its best. Free bikes are available, but we opted to rent a motorbike which afforded us a sense of freedom. Moreover, it does get rather dark at the resort so I would think that would limit the use of bikes. However, whenever we needed a ride the owner always graciously provided us with one including a ride to the airport to catch our flight. She was very pleasant to talk with and we enjoyed her company. I do hope more people visit Mae Hong Son. Its rather small so its easy to get around and to get to know the place. Breakfast was not provided, but they did offer tea and coffee, and cookies. There were plenty of 7-11's in town so we purchased some snacks and brought them back with us or stuff from the night market. They also offer laundry service at a very good price.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful calm spot on the edge of town. High quality and clean bungalows in beautiful surroundings, looking out over the fields towards to the mountains. Highly recommended if you want easy access to Mae Hong Son without being in the thick of it. Not your average Thai bungalow resort, a cut above the rest! And the owner was super friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2017