“Ok for 1 night”
Review of Friend House

Friend House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mae Hong Son
Friend House
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Mae Hong Son
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for just one night & it was ok but I don't think I'd want to stay any longer. It's just a mattress on the floor with the hardest pillow I've had in Thailand & a shared bathroom. Towels were provided.

Location is good right by the lake & convenient for the night market.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice, simple, no frills guesthouse. Sleeping mattresses on the floor, fan to keep mosquitos off of you, very close walk to everywhere in town. About 20 minute stroll from the bus station and right by the main lake park.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NotSupposedTo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Good place to stay. Reasonably clean, free hot water if you bring your own coffee.

150 Baht per night so can't complain. No chickens were around when I was there.

If you walk to the top of the road (away from the lake), at the very end is the morning market. This also sells food in the evening as well.

The TAT is worth visiting (on the way to the Bus Station, nearly opposite the night market) to get maps and advice.

If you are visiting in the rainy season, 7eleven sell ponchos for 20 - 30 Baht. You will need it,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 10_Downing_St
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my second time in Mae Hong Son and stay at the Friend House. The location is top notch right next to the lake. It's run by a very nice family who make a delicious smoothie! The beds are matresses on the floor buy what more do you need? When we arrived there was only one room left for 400 baht per night, but as I planned to stay 3 nights she gave it to me for 300 baht a night, I never even asked for a discount. After we checked out we went to the bus station and were boarding our bus when one of the staff members showed up and gave me my phone I had forgotten in the room! Wonderful service! Wonderful Location! Wonderful Guesthouse!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

basic, it's what you pay for and it's what you get. clean enough, but bring a sleeping bag and mozzie net. right by the lake and breakfast is cheap. we stayed one night and didn't sleep well at all. the neighbours have a cockerel, need I say more? and anyone coming back late is gonna wake the whole place as the doors are impossible not to slam and everything rattles. but it was cheap and had wifi and books.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank BKKscot84
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Friend House is cheap. Unsurprisingly, it's also basic, with the slight uncleanliness which often comes with basic. If you're on a shoestring, it's a good bet. But if you prefer that dead cockroaches are removed from the communal shower area, shell out a few more baht to stay somewhere else. Prices when I stayed were 150 THB (shared bathroom) or 250 THB (own bathroom) The 15 baht coffee in the morning is a good deal, and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Em276
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Does what is says on the tin, 150 baht per night, I wish I can find more places like this one in my travels. Don't bother if you don't want to share wc/ shower or if you expect 5 star hotel accommodation for this price!

• Stayed: July 2011