Country Side Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Krabi Town
See available hotels
Tonsai Bay Resort(Krabi Town)
  • Restaurant
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Sand Sea Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Pool
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Restaurant
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I hate to write a bad review. In fact of all the reviews, I have written very few bad ones. I always find great things in all that I see in my travels, and dont like to focus on the negative. So I will try to be very reasonable in my review of the Country Side Resort. As I got off my longtail boat in TonSai Beach in Krabi, I was met by a local who was walking up the hill and helped show me the way, the first thing he said was " why are you staying there?" Not a very good first sign. I was first met by one of the owners who was very nice to me at our first meeting, and helpful on giving me some tips of where to go, and what to do. The bungalow itself I stayed in was very nice, and the view from the deck was a great one of the beautiful cliffs of Krabi. As I checked in, I let her know that I had reserved 3 nights, but would probably only staying for 2, since I was leaving for another island to meet a friend who was meeting me earlier than expected. I told her this right when I checked in , she said that was no problem. Later that afternoon, a few guests and I were using the internet, and it crashed, it happens. But the others, and myself were a little dissapointed since all of us were working on emails, and blogs. The reaction from the owners was very aloof, that was the time when I met the husband of the couple, not as friendly as his wife. They still made us pay for our time on the internet even though we lost all our work...why didnt you come and tell us it crashed?? What? Why does that a solution to the problem , if it crashed, it happens, but we shouldnt have to pay for the time missed. Since I couldnt use the internet, I asked the owner if I could use a phone since mine didnt work to call my next hotel, and would pay for the call ( the call was to Phi Phi, local call) she said they had no phone...hmmmm, okay whatever. That night i asked if they wanted me to settle up my amount due, and to confirm my stay for just 2 nights...that is when the owner told me that i would have to pay for half of my last night, because i didnt give him 48 hours notice, even though i let his wife know right when i checked in on my first day, that day...what a couple hours short of their deadline? I questioned him on his lack of flexibility, he stated it was there policy and that they were unable to book the room since I had had it reserved even though at the time, half of their bungalows were empty and not rented at all. I did not see this policy anywhere on their site, and in the backpacker world plans change all the time so this is the first time EVER that I have been charged for leaving a day early even with giving them a notice. After being nickle and dimed, I never spent one more penny at their place, Never ate at their restaurant and never used their internet again. Its a shame because their bungalows are nice, but my sheets were stained and ripped, i had a light out in my bathroom that was never replaced even though i told them, Why does this couple own this place? They seem bored and uninterested in being good hosts....I would stay somewhere else were you would feel more welcome and at home.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank elizacass
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed here in April 08 for the rock climbing contest and cannot recommend Country Side enough. The people there bend over backwards to help you out even though you only pay so little for the accommodation. Helped me with my bags too and from the beach!

Didn't actually know the place existed until I went exploring as I was already in one of the resorts on the main road (Paasook). Country Side is set back on the hill side on the road over to Railay. Follow the sign post at Wee's climbing school.

The rooms are fantastic and whilst incredible for the price they are comparable to resorts costing two or three times as much. Perfectly clean and the bathroom is great. I stayed in the one Air-Con room as I'm a wimp, which costs a bit more but was only 850baht! a night!!! Beautiful room though!

I actually used the resorts free Internet (yes free) whilst I was here and didn't expect it to be very fast, boy was I surprised! broadband speeds! Managed to stick some of my pictures on Flickr with no issues.

One down side of the place is that there is nowhere to eat apart from the Indian restaurant up the hill (Tali Leaf) but was told that breakfasts and other meals will be available next season, why not this season??? Oh yeah my shower broke too but the staff fixed this for me.

Don't stay at the resorts on the main road or beach, they are rubbish and way too busy compared to the other resorts set back a bit.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I have just returned from a climbing and diving holiday to TonSai in Thailand. Stayed at Countryside for just over a week I could not fault the rooms as they are great for what you pay. Basic facilities but you could not expect much more. Was worried things being broken due to some other reviews but it was all fine. Bathroom was adequate with wash basin, flushing toilet and "non-heated" shower. It is a wet room type bathroom which could have been cleaned a little better? Pretty rooms in a pretty setting. The only thing I missed was breakfast which is not available.

I was advised on arrival that the resort is being done up ready for the next season. This mainly affects restaurant/breakfasts and the whole reception area. Someone also told me there was internet facilities here but this too disappeared long ago. Spoke to a member of the staff there and they told me the resort has just had a new owner and there was going to be internet and wireless for next season.

I am actually coming back here with a friend in September and have been promised a complimentary breakfast as I complained about there being none.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We booked our stay (3 room for 6 nights) at Coutryside after many hours of research and when we arrived there at 10pm we were told that only 2 of the rooms we had booked were available as the toilet was broken and could bt fixed only the next morning.

They offered to get us a room at another place to make up for this. They then took us to a terrible room very far away from Countryside that was of a very low standard that was next to a garbage dump. we refused to stay there and they told us they would refund us the money in that case and we would be out on the street at 11pm at night. They were not using a friendly tone. We later found out that the room they tried to give us cost 500 baht and we had booked an 850 baht room with them. We decided to bunk in our friends room for the night.

When we asked for our room the next morning the lady did not look us in the eye and asked if we could stay another night in our friends room. We had just gotten married and this was our 'honeymoon' although we were there with friends and this was very distressing. All they offered us was a refund but were not apologetic at all.

We were very fortunate that the service we booked through www.yourkrabi.com was wonderful and when we called them they assisted us to arrange for a full refund and we were able to stay at a very nice place (Dream Valley Resort) that we found on our own that was down the road.

I do not recommend anyone to trust the management at Countryside Resort as they are dishonest. We ran into several other people who had been lied to about rooms being not available due to repairs when in actuality they had overbooked.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CountrySideResort, Owner at Country Side Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2008

Hello to all,

I took over Country Side Resort from February this year. The place was is a very poor state when I took over and most of the reviews around this time reflect this fact. I do apologise for any inconvenience to anyone staying around and before this time.

From our opening season of November this year (2008), we promise to be one of the best places to stay on TonSai if not in Krabi! We also promise to keep our prices for accommodation as low as we possibly can. Some of the cheapest in the world! We have spent the last few months listening to guests comments and requests and have planned around these. Rooms have been improved to make them more relaxing. We have added Internet access and free WiFi for guests who like to keep in touch with others. We have a new restaurant and bar for next season and areas to relax for those who want to recuperate from a heavy days rock climbing. The new bar staff have been especially selected and I promise there will be some very good drinks on offer!

TonSai is a true secluded paradise and this next season promises to be one of the best yet so why not give TonSai a try? Whether it is for rock climbing or just relaxation it is one of the best places on the planet!

Reviewed February 9, 2008

A friend and I stayed at Countryside for a week in January 2008. The location is spectacular with excellent views of the nearby crags. We had booked it over the internet, however upon arrival the room was unavailable for the first three nights (it seems they had double booked...). They put us into Green Valley resort which was nice enough however is of a lower standard. On the plus-side the staff at Green Valley were really friendly. We ended up negotiating one free night at Countryside once we changed to our room there.

Upon arrival the woman we dealt with at Countryside tried to tell us that the stairs to our room had broken and it would take three days to fix, so we investigated ourselves to discover this was not true but in fact there were people already in the room. The outcome was that she had lost face from the exchange. Honesty always prevails.

The lesson was to avoid booking to stay here over the internet because it is impossible to obtain a refund once you arrive.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends