Country Side Resort
$153
$130
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$78
$61
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$108
$61
$110
$49
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Stayed here in April 08 for the rock climbing contest and cannot recommend Country Side enough. The people there bend over backwards to help you out even though you only pay so little for the accommodation. Helped me with my bags too and from the beach!

Didn't actually know the place existed until I went exploring as I was already in one of the resorts on the main road (Paasook). Country Side is set back on the hill side on the road over to Railay. Follow the sign post at Wee's climbing school.

The rooms are fantastic and whilst incredible for the price they are comparable to resorts costing two or three times as much. Perfectly clean and the bathroom is great. I stayed in the one Air-Con room as I'm a wimp, which costs a bit more but was only 850baht! a night!!! Beautiful room though!

I actually used the resorts free Internet (yes free) whilst I was here and didn't expect it to be very fast, boy was I surprised! broadband speeds! Managed to stick some of my pictures on Flickr with no issues.

One down side of the place is that there is nowhere to eat apart from the Indian restaurant up the hill (Tali Leaf) but was told that breakfasts and other meals will be available next season, why not this season??? Oh yeah my shower broke too but the staff fixed this for me.

Don't stay at the resorts on the main road or beach, they are rubbish and way too busy compared to the other resorts set back a bit.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I have just returned from a climbing and diving holiday to TonSai in Thailand. Stayed at Countryside for just over a week I could not fault the rooms as they are great for what you pay. Basic facilities but you could not expect much more. Was worried things being broken due to some other reviews but it was all fine. Bathroom was adequate with wash basin, flushing toilet and "non-heated" shower. It is a wet room type bathroom which could have been cleaned a little better? Pretty rooms in a pretty setting. The only thing I missed was breakfast which is not available.

I was advised on arrival that the resort is being done up ready for the next season. This mainly affects restaurant/breakfasts and the whole reception area. Someone also told me there was internet facilities here but this too disappeared long ago. Spoke to a member of the staff there and they told me the resort has just had a new owner and there was going to be internet and wireless for next season.

I am actually coming back here with a friend in September and have been promised a complimentary breakfast as I complained about there being none.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We booked our stay (3 room for 6 nights) at Coutryside after many hours of research and when we arrived there at 10pm we were told that only 2 of the rooms we had booked were available as the toilet was broken and could bt fixed only the next morning.

They offered to get us a room at another place to make up for this. They then took us to a terrible room very far away from Countryside that was of a very low standard that was next to a garbage dump. we refused to stay there and they told us they would refund us the money in that case and we would be out on the street at 11pm at night. They were not using a friendly tone. We later found out that the room they tried to give us cost 500 baht and we had booked an 850 baht room with them. We decided to bunk in our friends room for the night.

When we asked for our room the next morning the lady did not look us in the eye and asked if we could stay another night in our friends room. We had just gotten married and this was our 'honeymoon' although we were there with friends and this was very distressing. All they offered us was a refund but were not apologetic at all.

We were very fortunate that the service we booked through www.yourkrabi.com was wonderful and when we called them they assisted us to arrange for a full refund and we were able to stay at a very nice place (Dream Valley Resort) that we found on our own that was down the road.

I do not recommend anyone to trust the management at Countryside Resort as they are dishonest. We ran into several other people who had been lied to about rooms being not available due to repairs when in actuality they had overbooked.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CountrySideResort, Owner at Country Side Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2008

Hello to all,

I took over Country Side Resort from February this year. The place was is a very poor state when I took over and most of the reviews around this time reflect this fact. I do apologise for any inconvenience to anyone staying around and before this time.

From our opening season of November this year (2008), we promise to be one of the best places to stay on TonSai if not in Krabi! We also promise to keep our prices for accommodation as low as we possibly can. Some of the cheapest in the world! We have spent the last few months listening to guests comments and requests and have planned around these. Rooms have been improved to make them more relaxing. We have added Internet access and free WiFi for guests who like to keep in touch with others. We have a new restaurant and bar for next season and areas to relax for those who want to recuperate from a heavy days rock climbing. The new bar staff have been especially selected and I promise there will be some very good drinks on offer!

TonSai is a true secluded paradise and this next season promises to be one of the best yet so why not give TonSai a try? Whether it is for rock climbing or just relaxation it is one of the best places on the planet!

Reviewed February 9, 2008

A friend and I stayed at Countryside for a week in January 2008. The location is spectacular with excellent views of the nearby crags. We had booked it over the internet, however upon arrival the room was unavailable for the first three nights (it seems they had double booked...). They put us into Green Valley resort which was nice enough however is of a lower standard. On the plus-side the staff at Green Valley were really friendly. We ended up negotiating one free night at Countryside once we changed to our room there.

Upon arrival the woman we dealt with at Countryside tried to tell us that the stairs to our room had broken and it would take three days to fix, so we investigated ourselves to discover this was not true but in fact there were people already in the room. The outcome was that she had lost face from the exchange. Honesty always prevails.

The lesson was to avoid booking to stay here over the internet because it is impossible to obtain a refund once you arrive.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I went to TonSai Bay in Krabi, Thailand to do a rock climbing course and was looking for accommodation whilst I was there. Most places bar the odd one are a little disconcerting even for me, mud hut type bungalows. Countryside Resort is set back a bit from the main road but is sign posted. The bungalows here were perfect for me as there are spotlessly clean, spacious and obviously well maintained. Set on stilts with their own little terrace they offer the perfect accommodation for any would be traveller to TonSai and the price was fantastic! Furniture basic but I wasn't here to look at the furniture! Only stayed for one week but comfy beds and a great stay. There is a Mini Mart and restaurant on the resort too but these were not open during my stay. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to TonSai!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends