“horrible experience”

Andaman Legacy Guest House
Ranked #113 of 183 Hotels in Krabi Town
Reviewed February 18, 2014

overall this was my only negative thai experience in Thailand or where else in Asia. The owner/receptionist is very unfriendly and negative. Always very cross and not honest. Totally different than the other Thai people I met. And the rooms are very dirty. You get bed sheets with holes in it. The shower is just filty with soap and hairs of the former room occupant. The airco doesn't work and you only have cold shower to shower with. Just awful ! Oh and just across your window there's a loud bar singing until 1 in the morning. Also this hotel is located at a very noisy road...

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank murni18
There are newer reviews for Andaman Legacy Guest House

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'll just lay down the good and the bad experiences during our (my friend and I) stay there the past 3 nights.
Good:
1) The room was clean, neat and tidy and no bed bugs.
2) We ran out of water in the shower at one point and had to go downstairs to alert the staff. It was fixed by the time I went back up to the room. (Good/bad is up to your own opinion... I just couldn't find any other points to add on)

Bad:
1) When we put the tag outside our door to have them make up our room, nothing was done and not even the rubbish was cleared! Kind of makes me wonder the point of having the tag in the first place.
2) Bathroom was dirty and the drain was clogged with sand and disgusting stuff (probably left by the previous user which they didn't clear).
3) They advertised having hot and cold shower but really, what you get is just cold water.
4) Before we went on the trip, we made a booking for a day tour.
On the day itself, we went out for breakfast before the pickup time and when I asked the female staff if she had seen any tour vans stop by, she didn't quite understand me so I gave her my voucher.
Upon realizing that it wasn't a tour I booked with her, she flared up and kept yelling that we should have booked with her instead since we are staying at her resort.
Instead of yelling at her customers, I think she could have been more tactful and said," how about booking with us next time? It'll be more convenient for you.." etc. The attitude we got was definitely not acceptable at all.

So I would highly recommend you to avoid staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Skyzblue24
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We knew that the price would reflect the accomodation but were disappointed with the accomodation. However, for purposes of balanced review the positives were
* room available at last minute
* free wifi in reception
* walking distance from town
*air conditioning worked
Negatives were
* asked for twin room only double bed available
* noisy bar nearby, bad Thai reggae singer struck up his set at midnight for an hour and a half
* toilet cistern broken (was fixed when asked -positive!)
* damp leaking bathroom which stank of drains
* we think we picked up a bug here and were unwell for the rest of the holiday :-(
I've given you the facts - don't expect anything other than a bed to lay your head on.

Room Tip: I'm afraid I can't comment on this!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiggywinkle71
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Booked through agoda and based on the pictures, thought I'd be staying in a clean and comfortable suite. Upon our arrival, we were checked into the basement suite, which was a floor below the main ground, little natural light, walls were extremely thin and could hear our neighbors the entire night so did not get any good nights rest. Bedding was dirty and stained and the room smelled of mold. Couldn't be more happy to leave the following day. The pictures advertised were NOTHING close to the rooms we were checked into, so not sure how they advertise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank csacha
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very clean and modern room! Krabi town itself was very quiet and there wasn't very much to do. The staff at the hotel are lovely especially the women on the reception they were always happy to help. There's 2 computers in reception which are free to use.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cheap food and very good stay. They people here are very helpful and friendly. Khob khun kharp. Myself and my family are back packing here and the uncle here (the owner I believe) is a really friendly and helpful person. He helps us to arrange and make calls to arrange our trip back to Malaysia. Plus, the uncle recommended nice places with good food. Also the desk people are very helpful. My girl got her finger cut and the desk girl help to bandage for her. I don't think you can get such a service anywhere even in a 5 star hotel. :)

Room Tip: Just rent a bike/scooter and you can tour around the town freely for food. There's a hawker stal...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zu_Shyong_Aik
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ummph! How shall I put it? Well! The Andaman Legacy Guesthouse has nice clean and basic rooms with TV, Air Conditioning; which is reasonably priced at 500 Bath but the bathrooms could do with a little scrub and the plumbing should be looked into.
The rooms facing the front are much better, as it has a balcony overlooking the field but you do get the noise from the traffic.
The Staff working there has strange characters and I do wonder if it has to do with the Language, as they seem not to understand what most of the guest are saying/asking or maybe they just do not want to be any of help!.
The wifi seems to work only on the ground floor / by the reception.
Well as the saying goes; you pay for what you get!
I would highly recommend the 5 minute walk to the Night Market for delicious cheap food in the evening especially at the Chaofah Phochana Stall.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front are much better, as it has a balcony overlooking the field.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Lada Krabi Express
Lada Krabi Express
#86 of 183 in Krabi Town
The Signature Phuket Resort

Been to Andaman Legacy Guest House? Share your experiences!