Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Suea)
from $39.20
from $27.40
from $53.30
3,292 results
All reviews worth the climb climb steps take your time tough climb coming down monks live worth the effort the main attraction walk up flip flops hot springs tuk tuk emerald pool sweat monkeys donation wonderland
Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

The temple itself is much like other temples however the 1237 steps is a very special experience. It is quite a climb but it is really worth it to see the amazing 360° view at the top - it was one of my highlights of our trip! I would recommend going in the late afternoon when the steps are in the shade and perhaps you might catch the sunset. Take lots of water (there is drinking water at the top though) but beware of monkeys trying to steal it out of your hands!

Reviewed December 6, 2014 via mobile

I rented a motorbike from Ao Nang (where I was staying) and rode all the way here in my own. It's very fun. As far as the tiger cave temple itself, it's as majestic as any other great temple you've seen (or as boring if you're not into temples or have seen your fair share by the time you get here). What distinguishes this temple is you have to hike up steep stairs to get to the top. You WILL sweat through your shirt. Take a couple breaks and pace yourself. Some people even threw up a few times on the way up. But know your limits and physical fitness capabilities. Once you get to the top, if the sky is clear, you can see the entire city of Krabi and also mountains up on too. I would recommend it!

Reviewed December 6, 2014

The view is absolutely stunning!! But the steps themselves are exhausting especially in the heat and we did it towards the end of the day... They are steep and some are very narrow, I wanted to give up but the only thing that kept me going was water at the top!!! It took us about an hour to get to the top but i couldn't really take in the view as felt quite ill.

Please be aware there are monkeys around the bottom which are fairly tame we saw them stealing cameras, phones amongst other things!

Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm not going to lie - this was one of the most difficult hikes I've ever performed! Not only was it 90 degrees but also 90% humidity. I was also on a time schedule so I couldn't take many breaks. Not to mention- I have a bad fear of heights so some of the steps were a little frightening!

However, once I got to the top - soaked in sweat and legs shaky from climbing - it was all worth it. On top of the mountain is almost a spiritual experience. Unlike the temples in Bangkok, it is almost eerily quiet up there, with nature being at the forefront of the sight. While there were some other people at the sight while I was there, it still felt private. If you have the opportunity - try to make it up!

Reviewed December 1, 2014

It's hard to climb up all the steps, but when you finally do reach the top the views are immense. If you do fancy it it's much better to go early morning, as the heat and humidity will get too much around Noon!

1  Thank Josh B