“Not recommended”

Maharat Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Krabi Town
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: European Style Food, Bread, Cakes,Pastries,Sandwich and PANINI all baked on our premises and are preservative free. Established since 1995, we also serve fresh Coffee, Tea and Soft drinks.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

They have a "Trip advisor recommended" sticker. I have no idea why.
It's just 4 tables just on the street, one fan too far from tables, so it was really hot inside. A lot of owner's friend were walking between tables, talking too loud and smoking.
I got chicken sandwich, it was not juicy at all, too much bread, almost no chicken.
But apple pie is pretty good anyway.

Maharatbakery K, Owner at Maharat Bakery and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We are sad to read that you were not happy with your time and food in our place. If you where hot why did you not tell us we would get another fan special for you. Sorry but I can’t chance the climate, I know it’s warm sometimes.
Many of the other people you say where friends of the owner, are regular customers, yes some of them smoke, some don’t. A little noise so what we are not retired yet
When I ask you about your food you did not tell me about the supposed lack of chicken, and you ate everything accept the crust and for A 70 baht sandwich on whole wheat bread I think it’s a fair deal
Also we have 6 tables not 4
So I think your review is not fair and true fully
And last but not least we have a the Tripadvisor sticker so we can make it a better Place together
Regard the owner

There are newer reviews for Maharat Bakery and Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We found this Dutch bakery in Krabi Town and were pleasantly surprised. Good quality, very nice Dutch owner who's been here for 20 years already. We came back during our two stays in Krabitown for the freshly made products. Besides real Dutch sandwiches he serves all kind of bread: panini, multigrain, etc. I would recommend the BELT sandwich and the irresistible brownies! Yum!

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The food here is really nice and the breads are fresh out of the oven .. would definitely recommend everyone to eat here at least once .

1  Thank amandayoong
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast and the bread was fresh, crisp and smelt great, also the food was delicious. We ordered a latte and a cappuccino and the coffee was as smooth as we would get in Sydney...by far the best coffee we have had in Thailand for the last month!
Strongly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had noticed the signboard for this bakery on the way into Krabi by bus and decided we had to go upon googling it was highly recomended and I can see why. The owner is exteremely friendly and our food was excellent. The first time we were there we both ordered the burger, the bread was freshly baked, the vegetables were crisp and the fries were excellent! We also had a desert the lime meringue pie and it was such a treat!
For more tips and reviews of restaurants, hotels, trips on a budget please visit my blog