“Perfect, best masaman curry I ate in 3 weeks thailand!”
Review of Mr.KRAB-i - CLOSED

Mr.KRAB-i
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: CLOSED for HOLIDAY. A traditional Thai teak house offering cocktails and beer in a casual but yet vibrant atmosphere spinning quality lounge music with a Clubby vibe. The outdoor porch provides the right settings for a laid-back evening before moving on further sipping cocktails at the 14 meter bar counter and meeting loads of people. LOCATION: Central Chao Fha Road caught between Pak-Up Hostel and Joy Bar (opposite Loma Hotel). Certified " Clean Food - Good Taste" by the Ministry of Public Health.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Looking for late dinner after arriving from chiang mai we stumbled on this place by accident not knowing where to go. There we others eating son why not? Immediatly we were invited in by the owner and were guven a nice table. The food was excellent and service even better. No problems in communication since staff speaks fluid inglish. Really recomended!

MrKRAB-i, Manager at Mr.KRAB-i, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Ciao Paprika, thank for the feedback & good vibe.
We'll be waiting for you!

Kind regards,
Max

There are newer reviews for Mr.KRAB-i

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We wandered into Mr. Krab-i somewhat late at night after a flight from Bangkok on our third day in Thailand. And what a find! Both my partner and I both enjoy the slightly quirky atmopshere of this launch point to many islands town and Mr. Krab-i fit right in.
The food was very solid. There was plenty of Thai, plenty of "Amercian" and many Italian options. It was all very tasty. The prices were a smidge high for my tastes but I recognize I was in a very nice little restaurant/bar instead of eating street food. And the quality was quite high. Highlights include reasonably priced tasty wine and real parmessan to get grated onto your food if you ask for it.
As good as the food was the best part of all was the company and the atmosphere. The owner - Mossimo is Italian. Between him and his wife they speak 6 languages I believe - Thai, English, Spanish, Italian, French and Mandarin. Mossimo made a point to visit each table and has that easy charisma that you immediatly warm to. He gave my partner and I a free shot each (and then changed mine to a fruit shake when he learned I didn't drink) and welcomed us to Krabi-Town with a toast. The restaurant was full of folks from all-over.. And it manages to be both a good place to get a drink and be very family friendly.
We only stayed in Krabi overnight but we went here twice and I look very forward to coming back to this fabulous retaurant and seeing the wonderful family that runs it.
Salud!

MrKRAB-i, Owner at Mr.KRAB-i, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Andy, hell what a review, THANKS !! We enjoyed your positive attitude and profited good fun and much needed energy throught this high busy season.
Cheers Jan & Max

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten there twice and it was exceptional. Great food and charming and gentle owner. A little mor expendive than Crabi standards but more then deserved. Warmly recomended.

Ciao Axel, sincere and direct ! you got me, Thank you for the lovely company.
Ciao, Max.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went twice to mr krabi and our second time was the best simoly because we went late in the evening.
Massimo is a fantastic host and the best is to have time to chat with him or his wife, and to do that it is best late when not too busy.
The food is great and it is an excellent opportunity to make plans, meet other travellers and drink spritz.
So the best i d give is visit mr krabi if you can but go late (9/10pm) to fully experience it.

Spot ON Guys! It has been as crazy as it can get during high season (live it to believe it), cannot afford my much loved 5 minute chat anymore during the load of rush hours. Will be waiting for you afterhours again so to have another drink, properly done, with those other latediners!
All the best for 2014!!!
Max & Jan.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We came here because of the ratings on Tripadvisor. The first thing we noticed was the setting which was pretty nice. The second thing we noticed were the prices. This place is slightly more costly than others. We started with their garlic bread at 60THB which is pretty cheap. It was pretty good as well (fresh garlic). I ordered one of their cheaper dishes - vegetable massaman curry at 130THB. It included the rice as well, hence my finding it at a very reasonable price. It was a lot different from ones I have had at other restaurants in Thailand. It seems that they use a lot of peanut sauce as the curry itself. I thought that was very interesting. It isn't the best I've had but I love peanut sauce so I did find it quite tasty. My boyfriend had the aglio e olio pasta for 220THB (we thought the western dishes were a bit more expensive than the thai dishes). His was good as well but could have been better. We both agreed my curry was tastier :). Overall I would recommend checking this place out if you have the time and money.

2  Thank DrizzyDreV

Dear Drizzy, thank you for the mature review of a true food lover. We are happy you enjoyed everyhting and I'm sure of your understanding that true Italian products are expensive to import thus the higher prices of our Italian Menu compared to Local Thai. BTW: our Aglio e Olio is actually 180THB.
Thanks again for the great review. Our best wishes for 2014!!!!!
Jan & Max