“Highly recommended for learning to dive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Vision Scuba Diving

Aqua Vision Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Vision is an award winning PADI 5 Star IDC Resort & Tec-Rec Dive Center based in Ao Nang and Klong Muang, offering fun diving and dive courses from novice to Instructor level. Aqua Vision have a full time staff with the most experienced dive guides and instructors in the area including a Course Director, Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors Dive tours offered include trips to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, Koh Haa Yai Lagoon, Phi Phi Island Marine National Park, Shark Point Marine Sanctuary and the Local Islands, with small groups and half day diving at uncrowded dive sites. Aqua Vision is the only company in Ao Nang using purpose built speedboats which arrive at the dive sites long before the crowded big boats, and return in the early afternoon, offering divers the opportunity to explore Krabi's other exciting activities, or to have a leisurely and relaxing afternoon around the pool.
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended for learning to dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I came to Krabi to learn to dive. We started out with a Discovery Dive - after being picked up at our apartment and taken out to Phi Phi island, we got suited up and ready for our very first dive. Our instructor, Marc, was really helpful - he made us feel totally at ease, calming any nerves that we had. He was a great person to go out with on our very first dive. We went down one at a time for the first dive. On the second dive he showed us some dive skills. His instructions were really clear and we were able to complete all of the skills. After that we swam around with Marc pointing out different creatures. It was a fun first experience, after which we decided to keep it up.

We went on to do our Open Water course. Our instructor this time was Magnus, an extremely experienced diver with more than 5000 dives under his belt. The first day was in the pool at Klong Muang - we went through everything slowly and Magnus explained everything very clearly. He was both patient and fun to learn with - making us laugh and putting us at ease. The next day we went out on a speedboat to the local islands. We did four dives over two days. With every dive we gained a bit more confidence. Magnus and the other instructors who were on the boat were attuned to the needs of new scuba divers, and we felt comfortable and happy the whole time. We had four wonderful dives, learning new skills during each one. Magnus is incredibly knowledgable about underwater life and he pointed out all sorts of creatures for us to look at - seahorses, a sting ray, grouper, nudibranches, lion fish, porcupine fish, barracuda, a moray eel, and so many others - he had his torch with him and showed us creatures hiding inside crevasses and holes so we saw things we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

All of our gear was provided and I had no complaints about it. We bought snorkels and masks, with help from the shop - my husband wanted one that he could take prescription lenses (which the shop can organise for him).

If you're planning to learn to dive, I highly recommend going with Aqua Vision. We're planning to continue learning to dive and will be booking our Advanced Open Water with them soon Our instructors were experienced, patient, and friendly, which is really what you need when you're starting out. Many of the instructors are bilingual, so you don't need to worry if you don't speak English. Also, the staff in the shops, both in Ao Nang and Klong Muang beach, were very knowledgeable and helpful.

1 Thank Siobhan M

Reading, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Really pleased to have dived with these guys yesterday. The service was great, lots of communication via email beforehand. The dive guide was very well informed and sorted all the kit etc, so all I had to do was enjoy the diving.

Top service, would definitely recommend.

Brno, Czech Republic
“Great diving near PhiPhi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited Ao Nang only for a short time a had time for one fast boat trip to PhiPhi with two dives only. It was really great with very friendly people and diving in small groups, me diving with one more guy and our divemaster Irina. Everything was perfect and well organized, with very detailed briefing. My only regret was that I did not have time for more dives..

Isle of Man
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thanks to all at AV
We first visited Ao Nang in Christmas 2012 and have just returned from our second trip and both times I went diving with Aqua Vision. Last year my daughter was doing her Junior Advanced OW but was ill for the last day of diving and she couldnt go but we were given a full credit for this even though I cancelled her place on the day of the dive. I had total confidence in the level of instruction she received and she was delighted to complete her course this Christmas with dives on the King cruiser, shark point and anemone reef. Neither of us had dived since last year so when I booked a month before we visited I asked if we could do an easy dive to start off with and we had a couple of very relaxing dives off Phi Phi to get us going. I found the whole experience very good from the ease of booking to the diving with experienced and knowledgeable instructors/guides and the quality of the kit. Also my daughter was delighted to get her picture on the AV FB page! Not sure when we will be back again but will look forward to it sometime in the future.

Visited December 2013
Hong Kong, China
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“5 Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We completed our Open Water Dive Certification here in December, and found it excellent.

My partner is not a strong swimmer and came into this slightly nervous. I must say the instructors here are excellent and delivered a wonderful course for us. My partner is now confident in continuing diving in future.
This dive shop maintains a policy of having each dive group capped at 4 divers, so you have a personal touch each time.

An added bonus is that you get picked up from your hotel to the dive locations, and later get dropped off. Hassle free 100%.

We completed the E-learning before coming (having booked our session well in advance), and once we arrived headed straight to the pool for the first day of diving, followed by 2 days in open water. Both days were in the Phi Phi island vicinity, and we went diving in the same locations as other Guided dives.

Visited December 2013