“Professional Outfit”

Aqua Vision Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aqua Vision is an award winning PADI 5 Star IDC Resort & Tec-Rec Dive Centers based in Ao Nang and Klong Muang, offering fun diving and dive courses from novice to Instructor level. Aqua Vision have a full time staff with the most experienced dive guides and instructors in the area including a Course Director, Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors Dive tours offered include trips to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, Koh Haa Yai Lagoon, Phi Phi Island Marine National Park, Shark Point Marine Sanctuary and the Local Islands, with small groups and half day diving at uncrowded dive sites. Aqua Vision is the only company in Ao Nang using purpose built speedboats which arrive at the dive sites long before the crowded big boats, and return in the early afternoon, offering divers the opportunity to explore Krabi's other exciting activities, or to have a leisurely and relaxing afternoon around the pool. Aqua Vision has its own dormitory located at the most beautiful beach in the area - Klong Muang Beach. Guests can stay for free if they book courses or fun diving with us.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Popped into the Aqua Vision shop in Ao Nang late in the afternoon on the off chance there may be an opportunity to dive early the next day. A lucky for us two people had just cancelled so it was possible. First impressions were really positive. Served by Andy, a very friendly pom! Was very professional and sorted sizes of fins and wetsuits there so no issues in the morning. The boat was a good size and in good nick. There was 1 dive master to every 4 divers. Our dive master Nick was quite young but obviously experienced. Went to 2 dive sites, first was great visibility and saw black tipped reef sharks and stacks of fish. Second site not quite so clear but really impressive, canyons and swim throughs. Saw a huge turtle just chilling at the bottom, very cool! Easily my favourite dive because it was so different. Provided fruit, water and a substantial lunch. All in all a very positive outfit and highly recommended.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a terrific holiday in Krabi and it will not be complete without giving a try on Scuba Discovery for my partner who doesn't know how to swim and not to mention she didn't have OW license.
That was the thrill and fun to get a taste what scuba diving is all about.

Luckily we had Aqua Vision to put everything in place for us to make our holiday
a perfect one with their exceptional service and expertise.

Thanks to Jason our scuba instructor, Andy at the dive shop, the boat captain and all the crews involved to make our honeymoon a memorable one.

We will definitely be coming back again to AV.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My first trip to Krabi was made a memorable one thanks to the Aquavision team. Andy, the manager was a great help in helping me decide on my dive gear - full gear: fins, mask, BCD, regulator, boots, etc (big thanks again!). Rod was my mentor as I was there to do my Assistant Instructor course and he was just as awesome. I've learnt plenty of skills and definitely gained more confidence / better picture of what to expect when I decide to take my Instructor course.

Jason, Magnus and Alexey were a great help to my brother who was there to do his Open Water course. I think they've done a great job in showing my brother the beauty of scuba diving as he continued on to do his Advance, Nitrox, Photography and Rescue while waiting for me to finish my course. Not forgetting their divemaster, Nam, who helped out the entire way.

I would recommend Aquavision if you are looking for a no-frills dive center. They are able to help you out with anything you need from accommodation, airport transfer, etc. Extremely helpful and the instructors are more than willing to share you their experiences. E-mails were replied almost immediately and it was easy communication since almost everyone speaks English.

All in all, I had a great experience with the entire team in Aquavision during my stay there. In fact, I booked my tickets to come back just to finish my OWSI + IDC with Rod in November. See you guys!

1  Thank selloutmondays
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Diving with Aqua Vision has been amazing. The staff is very skilled and highly qualified. Saw some amazing nudies, three different sea horses and even a few bamboo sharks hidden away in areas not seen by the naked eye, especially not in the conditions we were exposed to! I completed my rescue diver cert with them and feel very confident that I can manage a rescue situation, if that should ever occur (hopefully not!). They have the nicest speed boats in the area and lunch is catered from one of the best restaurants in town. Will be completing my divemaster with them and trust I am in the hands of the most experienced and genuine dive crew in Ao Nang. Lucky me :)

1  Thank LindsayLoveless
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I will start this review by letting you know I am a scuba diving instructor and professional photographer.
I booked 2 weeks diving with Aqua-vision as part of my annual holiday in January. My requirements were quite specific I wanted a private guide and preferably small groups on the boat.
On arrival I met with the owner who is also a very keen photographer and we discussed many things about what I wanted and what they could offer me.
For the 2 weeks my husband and I had a private guide called Marc. He was awesome, gave good briefings and took care of us very well. He understood photographers and their needs, sometimes I will wait 15-20 minutes in one spot just to get 'the shot'. Some of the dives were shallower and could last for 90+ minutes, no problem for him or the boat crew.
My underwater camera system is worth in the region of $15,000 USD so I gave the boat crew exact instructions on what to do with it. Marc made sure the crew understood as my Thai is very limited. No problems with crew at all but they could not understand how it was worth 5-10 years of their average salary.
Some of the dives were from a local longtail boat and some were on their own speedboat (I think they have 2).
I would recommend Aqua-vision dive centre for anybody that wants some of the best diving in Thailand.
The staff were all very helpful and the owner bent over backwards to be helpful. The Thai lady receptionist had excellent English and we had some good chats about her aspiration to be an Instructor one day.
But best of all was Marc the instructor he found some superb things for me to photograph, always happy and smiling. I would say please find me this today and he could normally oblige whether it was nudibranchs or seahorses.
Happy ? You bet I am I am booking to back again this Christmas and will certainly go with Aqua-vision.

2  Thank Caroline B