“Great Experience + Great Fun”

Aqua Vision Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aqua Vision is an award winning PADI 5 Star IDC Resort & Tec-Rec Dive Centers based in Ao Nang and Klong Muang, offering fun diving and dive courses from novice to Instructor level. Aqua Vision have a full time staff with the most experienced dive guides and instructors in the area including a Course Director, Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors Dive tours offered include trips to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, Koh Haa Yai Lagoon, Phi Phi Island Marine National Park, Shark Point Marine Sanctuary and the Local Islands, with small groups and half day diving at uncrowded dive sites. Aqua Vision is the only company in Ao Nang using purpose built speedboats which arrive at the dive sites long before the crowded big boats, and return in the early afternoon, offering divers the opportunity to explore Krabi's other exciting activities, or to have a leisurely and relaxing afternoon around the pool. Aqua Vision has its own dormitory located at the most beautiful beach in the area - Klong Muang Beach. Guests can stay for free if they book courses or fun diving with us.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My first trip to Krabi was made a memorable one thanks to the Aquavision team. Andy, the manager was a great help in helping me decide on my dive gear - full gear: fins, mask, BCD, regulator, boots, etc (big thanks again!). Rod was my mentor as I was there to do my Assistant Instructor course and he was just as awesome. I've learnt plenty of skills and definitely gained more confidence / better picture of what to expect when I decide to take my Instructor course.

Jason, Magnus and Alexey were a great help to my brother who was there to do his Open Water course. I think they've done a great job in showing my brother the beauty of scuba diving as he continued on to do his Advance, Nitrox, Photography and Rescue while waiting for me to finish my course. Not forgetting their divemaster, Nam, who helped out the entire way.

I would recommend Aquavision if you are looking for a no-frills dive center. They are able to help you out with anything you need from accommodation, airport transfer, etc. Extremely helpful and the instructors are more than willing to share you their experiences. E-mails were replied almost immediately and it was easy communication since almost everyone speaks English.

All in all, I had a great experience with the entire team in Aquavision during my stay there. In fact, I booked my tickets to come back just to finish my OWSI + IDC with Rod in November. See you guys!

1  Thank selloutmondays
There are newer reviews for Aqua Vision Scuba Diving

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Diving with Aqua Vision has been amazing. The staff is very skilled and highly qualified. Saw some amazing nudies, three different sea horses and even a few bamboo sharks hidden away in areas not seen by the naked eye, especially not in the conditions we were exposed to! I completed my rescue diver cert with them and feel very confident that I can manage a rescue situation, if that should ever occur (hopefully not!). They have the nicest speed boats in the area and lunch is catered from one of the best restaurants in town. Will be completing my divemaster with them and trust I am in the hands of the most experienced and genuine dive crew in Ao Nang. Lucky me :)

1  Thank LindsayLoveless
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I will start this review by letting you know I am a scuba diving instructor and professional photographer.
I booked 2 weeks diving with Aqua-vision as part of my annual holiday in January. My requirements were quite specific I wanted a private guide and preferably small groups on the boat.
On arrival I met with the owner who is also a very keen photographer and we discussed many things about what I wanted and what they could offer me.
For the 2 weeks my husband and I had a private guide called Marc. He was awesome, gave good briefings and took care of us very well. He understood photographers and their needs, sometimes I will wait 15-20 minutes in one spot just to get 'the shot'. Some of the dives were shallower and could last for 90+ minutes, no problem for him or the boat crew.
My underwater camera system is worth in the region of $15,000 USD so I gave the boat crew exact instructions on what to do with it. Marc made sure the crew understood as my Thai is very limited. No problems with crew at all but they could not understand how it was worth 5-10 years of their average salary.
Some of the dives were from a local longtail boat and some were on their own speedboat (I think they have 2).
I would recommend Aqua-vision dive centre for anybody that wants some of the best diving in Thailand.
The staff were all very helpful and the owner bent over backwards to be helpful. The Thai lady receptionist had excellent English and we had some good chats about her aspiration to be an Instructor one day.
But best of all was Marc the instructor he found some superb things for me to photograph, always happy and smiling. I would say please find me this today and he could normally oblige whether it was nudibranchs or seahorses.
Happy ? You bet I am I am booking to back again this Christmas and will certainly go with Aqua-vision.

2  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This last summer I choose Aquavision to explore diving in Krabi, Thailand. A couple good gripes: First, they don't give you any discount if you have your own gear. I figured I'd just use theirs and forego cleaning mine, until I saw their gear (regulator lacked a mouthpiece). I suppose being primarily a student dive site, it had bottom of the line gear. I quickly changed my mind and used my own regulator. Second, I'm a photographer and after the first dive, I handed my camera rig to the boatman while I climbed out of the water. They didn't have facilities for cameras at all, so he laid it on the soft seat cushions facing directly into the sun. It took less than a couple minutes for the intense Thailand sun rays to focus into my lens elements and literally melt the aperture, ruining a very expensive lens on my SONY NEX7/Nauticam rig. The owner/manager said they seldom see expensive cameras and don't have on boat facilities, but rather tell the boatmen to lay the camera in a soft spot. Hard to believe, as UW photography is popular. This is the first dive shop I've ever been to that doesn't have some kind of of accommodations for cameras. The manager of the shop wouldn't even give me a couple free dives to compensate for the loss of the lens. Needless to say I cancelled a weeks worth of diving with them. Fortunately, the camera sensor escaped damage and the lens was replaced in Manila. To be fair, the dive-masters were professional and nice, but management not giving me a couple free dives after ruining my camera says a lot about the company. One last note to divers, the Andaman Sea in Thailand is dying due to high water temperatures. The coral reefs there are DEAD compared to the Philippines. save your money if you're looking for a great diving experience and go to the Philippines or Malaysia instead. Puerta Galera, Apo Island, Moalboal and Apo reef in the Philippines are stunning and alive compared to Thailand. I hope the temperatures eventually go down in the Andaman, as Thailand used to be a wonderful dive experience. I was warned by my local dive shop not to even go to the Similans because it was a waste of money. I went and she was right :-( Should you be in Thailand, stay clear of Aquavision if you are a serious diver with camera gear.

4  Thank Marshall C
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hi, I just completed this course with Aqua Vision in mid April 2013.

I completed the PADI on-line theory learning course, which I found well structured and easy. - Just allow yourself a few evenings to complete (you can also complete this during the practical course).

The actual practicaI was done with Jason at Acqua Vision.

Jason was a great instructor. Knowledgeable and professional. He made you feel comfortable and made achieving the objectives easy. In fact all the staff I encountered at Acqua Vision where friendly and professional and made you feel at home (Andy and Magnus and others whose names I didnt get...thankyou!).

My objective was to become comfortable with diving and receive the PADI qualification. The staff, particularly Jason made this easy to achieve and I would have no hesitation in recommending Acqua Vision to friends.

On the first day of practical you cover the basic skills in the pool. On the second day of Ocean diving you go down to 18 mtrs. I was worried about equalisation of ear pressure but with Jason's assistance this was no problem. The water itself was very warm, I didn't bother to wear a wet suit in the end..

Now I have additional motivation to travel and look forward to diving in other parts of the world!

Thankyou Acqua Vision