“Horrible and Costly UW Photography Experience”

Aqua Vision Scuba Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aqua Vision is an award winning PADI 5 Star IDC Resort & Tec-Rec Dive Centers based in Ao Nang and Klong Muang, offering fun diving and dive courses from novice to Instructor level. Aqua Vision have a full time staff with the most experienced dive guides and instructors in the area including a Course Director, Master Instructors and IDC Staff Instructors Dive tours offered include trips to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, Koh Haa Yai Lagoon, Phi Phi Island Marine National Park, Shark Point Marine Sanctuary and the Local Islands, with small groups and half day diving at uncrowded dive sites. Aqua Vision is the only company in Ao Nang using purpose built speedboats which arrive at the dive sites long before the crowded big boats, and return in the early afternoon, offering divers the opportunity to explore Krabi's other exciting activities, or to have a leisurely and relaxing afternoon around the pool. Aqua Vision has its own dormitory located at the most beautiful beach in the area - Klong Muang Beach. Guests can stay for free if they book courses or fun diving with us.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This last summer I choose Aquavision to explore diving in Krabi, Thailand. A couple good gripes: First, they don't give you any discount if you have your own gear. I figured I'd just use theirs and forego cleaning mine, until I saw their gear (regulator lacked a mouthpiece). I suppose being primarily a student dive site, it had bottom of the line gear. I quickly changed my mind and used my own regulator. Second, I'm a photographer and after the first dive, I handed my camera rig to the boatman while I climbed out of the water. They didn't have facilities for cameras at all, so he laid it on the soft seat cushions facing directly into the sun. It took less than a couple minutes for the intense Thailand sun rays to focus into my lens elements and literally melt the aperture, ruining a very expensive lens on my SONY NEX7/Nauticam rig. The owner/manager said they seldom see expensive cameras and don't have on boat facilities, but rather tell the boatmen to lay the camera in a soft spot. Hard to believe, as UW photography is popular. This is the first dive shop I've ever been to that doesn't have some kind of of accommodations for cameras. The manager of the shop wouldn't even give me a couple free dives to compensate for the loss of the lens. Needless to say I cancelled a weeks worth of diving with them. Fortunately, the camera sensor escaped damage and the lens was replaced in Manila. To be fair, the dive-masters were professional and nice, but management not giving me a couple free dives after ruining my camera says a lot about the company. One last note to divers, the Andaman Sea in Thailand is dying due to high water temperatures. The coral reefs there are DEAD compared to the Philippines. save your money if you're looking for a great diving experience and go to the Philippines or Malaysia instead. Puerta Galera, Apo Island, Moalboal and Apo reef in the Philippines are stunning and alive compared to Thailand. I hope the temperatures eventually go down in the Andaman, as Thailand used to be a wonderful dive experience. I was warned by my local dive shop not to even go to the Similans because it was a waste of money. I went and she was right :-( Should you be in Thailand, stay clear of Aquavision if you are a serious diver with camera gear.

5  Thank Marshall C
in 5 reviews
"lion fish"
"amazing fish"

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hi, I just completed this course with Aqua Vision in mid April 2013.

I completed the PADI on-line theory learning course, which I found well structured and easy. - Just allow yourself a few evenings to complete (you can also complete this during the practical course).

The actual practicaI was done with Jason at Acqua Vision.

Jason was a great instructor. Knowledgeable and professional. He made you feel comfortable and made achieving the objectives easy. In fact all the staff I encountered at Acqua Vision where friendly and professional and made you feel at home (Andy and Magnus and others whose names I didnt get...thankyou!).

My objective was to become comfortable with diving and receive the PADI qualification. The staff, particularly Jason made this easy to achieve and I would have no hesitation in recommending Acqua Vision to friends.

On the first day of practical you cover the basic skills in the pool. On the second day of Ocean diving you go down to 18 mtrs. I was worried about equalisation of ear pressure but with Jason's assistance this was no problem. The water itself was very warm, I didn't bother to wear a wet suit in the end..

Now I have additional motivation to travel and look forward to diving in other parts of the world!

Thankyou Acqua Vision

Reviewed May 28, 2013

we just completed a PADI open water course at aqua vision, krabi .. my daughter all of 14 years did this as well.. while this was simply an amazing experience and a great adventure sport to indulge in, our course and how it was conducted by aqua vision, was simply superb.. magnus, our instructor was just terrific and he was so patient during our learning period without once hurrying up to the next step, till we did this properly .. the large speed boats & the scuba equipments were new and and no cutting corners with this .. i would definitely recommend this dive shop to all those who want to do the O/W PADI in the krabi-phuket area ..

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from completing our Advanced Open Water Scuba course with Aqua Vision. We chose them as the website was excellent and Chris was prompt and clear in his email communication with us prior to arriving. Unfortunately we had some shocking weather whilst there but both instructors we had, Magnus and Jason, were highly experienced and made us feel safe and comfortable on each dive. Both were great to learn from and had some good yarns to share! Fortunately we were able to go back a few days later and dive Phi Phi when the weather cleared.
The speedboat the company uses is comfortable, crew is friendly, and best of all it was rock star scuba - all the gear is set up for you - too easy!
We highly recommend Aqua Vision and would dive with them again.