“Night market experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #214 of 544 Restaurants in Krabi Town
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh, authentic Thai dishes inexpensively priced, including the best Pad Thai in Krabi. Our Pad Thai is also available Fri/Sat/Sun nights at the Krabi Walking Street.Restaurant Hours:Tue-Thur 10am - 8pm, Fri - Sun 10am - 1:30pm (full menu)Also available at the Krabi Walking Street Fri/Sat/Sun 4pm-10pm (Pad Thai only)Closed Mondays
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Night market experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Saw reviews on Tripadvisor and travelled 45 minutes to find Mrs.Koy at night market. Her food was very tasty with prawns and garlic cooked in front of you.Worth the journey,would recommend the experience of her signature Pad Thai !!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Koy C, Owner at Baan Koy Authentic Pad Thai, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hello Diane - thank you for making the effort to find our Pad Thai! We're so happy you enjoyed it and are recommending it!

• Thai first
“Not as great is people make it out to be......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I never write reviews on TA but being very disappointed tonight i thought I should write a review to maybe balance the reviews on Baan Koy. After traveling Thailand for a few months I can honestly said this is not the best Pad Thai I have had. I think it was average at the very best. I went to the stall at the night market. Judging from the reviews, maybe I came on a bad day? A kid of about 16 made mine and it didn't look nice at all, bit like a omlette gone wrong with some noodle inside. It was quite tasteless. A lady was behind me and when she saw mine she turned to her friend and said "don't really like the look of that" and they left. I don't really blame her as it tasted pretty much as bad as it looked. Also the price has gone up to 50 baht now. I must say there are better food at the night market. But if you must try this, maybe ask the lady to cook it instead of the young boy. I don't want to be too harsh as I know this must be a family business. But maybe don't expect too much for 50 baht!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello - we're so sorry you were not happy with our Pad Thai, but I am very surprised to hear you describe it as tasteless. If you would visit us at the Walking Street again perhaps we could try to prepare it more to your liking, if you have special request? And thank you for visiting us.
Deutschland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best Pad Thai in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you want to have a little bit more delicious pad thai than at other cookshops in Thailand you should choose "Baan Koy". By accident we met the team at the Krabi-Nightmarket and had a perfect pad thai - in front of us in the queue were 7 Thai people and two chinese tourists. First I looked at the ceremony of cooking but as it took time, the friendly lady (perhaps the owner - has been in USA before) served the pad thai to me. The second time we came to the Aonang festival just to have pad thai - and again it was perfect.
Thanks a lot
Greetings from Germany

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Koy C, Owner at Baan Koy Authentic Pad Thai, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you Sebastian, and we're so glad you weren't put off by the line of people waiting - sometimes we get quite busy, but we always make every serving fresh to order, and we're thrilled that you found our Pad Thai the best on your visit to Thailand, and that you came again to the festival in Ao Nang!
new york
“best pad thai ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

prepare with fresh squid or shrimp, very tasty food. Good service. Very good value for money, I wish i could eat there every day

Visited December 2012
Thank you - we wish you could eat here everyday too!
Jakarta, Indonesia
“All Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I come with my family, order for seafood pad thai. Great pad thai taste with fresh squid. Surprisingly its cheap! Mrs. Koy ( boss ) really know how to treat tourist very well. I like the way she served me, made me feel like I am home. Gotta visit her when i go to Krabi next time :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Andy, and we look forward to seeing you and your family on future visits to Krabi! We're so glad you enjoyed our cooking!