“Great place to eat”

Knock Out Bar
Ranked #198 of 608 Restaurants in Krabi Town
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A chilled out Thai restaurant and bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is owned and operated by a Hospitality accredited alumni from Thailand University, with 8 years experience working in the most luxurious hotels on Phi Phi Don and 4 years in Bangkok. We offer free Wi-Fi as well as the only licensed snorkelling tours in Phi Phi, with a guide who brings more then 10 years experience. We are the first bar on Loh Ba Kao, 4 doors up from Pad Thai restaurant and located directly behind Outrigger Phi Phi Island Village Resort. A great atmosphere and local company can be found here! Open 10am until you can't drink no more!
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. We went there on our last night at the phi phi island village beach resort. The chicken Penang is delicious and the coconut soup fantastic. The owner tells you all about how he makes the dishes. Loved the little boy that came in to show people his stick puppets. Meal four four cost about £4 each.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

great thai food and drinks. White Russian with coconut milk is perfect island drink. Ask for thai style spicy with the papaya salad - excellent! Tell him to play his Thai reggae music.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

WOW, I am young and only been over seas once, where i ran into Chet and the knockoutbar.
there some dramas during our trip but absolutley no regrets simply because of meeting him, his friends family and pretty much the whole village behind the resort. To this day I understand that i live in Australia and have a quality of life people around the world can only dream of, but the experience of going to another country, meeting the locals, playing a simple game of football, smiling, laughing just having a good time nothing can really come close. I leanrt quite a bit of Thai when I was over there, but even then if you smile laugh and embrace the culture, you are always going to be welcomed. ANYWAY back to the point, my time in phi phi islands was only made as good as it was simpply because of the KNOCKOUT BAR, the snorkelling trip was nothing but incredible, very well informed, very well fed and very pleasant to be around the KNOCKOUT staff all day, all great characters, all great people. The restaurant itself was a bit um, AWESOME, great food, even better if you are willing to try something new! After you finish eating you are always welcomed for another (or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) more drinks, stay in your chair, watch some football, or even better (if they are not busy) talk to the staff, or the locals to embrace their life, their smiles, their friendliness.

One day soon I will come back to the KNOCKOUT bar, just to re live the beautiful experience, I miss Chet and all his friends and the villagers who welcomed me onto their field to play with them.
I learnt alot off these kind hearted people which i try my best to practice and embrace in my life.
NOTHING BUT GREAT MEMORIES!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Me and my best friend came to stay at the Phi Phi Island Village Resort for 5 nights. We quickly realized although the resort was wonderful to sleep at it really lacked in local character. Lucky for us we found Chewy (sp?) and his wonderful family who run the Knock Out Bar. It is located right outside the resort and once we ate here and met the family, including the cutest little boy named Sam who is not afraid to run and jump on your lap, we were sold. Chewy not only served us GREAT food but he also offered for his girlfriend to give us a cooking class right in their kitchen after we told him about the disappointing cooking class we took at the resort!!! After going here every day for our stay both my friend and I shed a tear as we said goodbye to this wonderful family.

Their philosophy is "you happy, me happy" and believe me you will leave happy, belly full and heart warmed.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Well just sat here in the bar itself, second night here. Food is amazing, We know Chet from back at phi Phi island village, it's a great family run restaurant and bar. The food great Thai all the way, well priced, cooked just how you like it. Drinks are fab too!