“Simply fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thailand Off-Road Adventures

Thailand Off-Road Adventures
Ranked #16 of 78 Tours in Krabi Town
More attraction details
Owner description: “THAILAND OFF-ROAD/ENDURO ADVENTURES” was established to promote and organize motorcycle, bicycle,and 4WD rallies and rides through the amazing wild nature of Southern Thailand. It is based in the most picturesque corner of the kingdom; the province of Krabi.Our riding philosophy has roots into the acknowledgement that Southern Thailand offers “no-limits” to its free range opportunity of exploration.Thus in harmony with this, we operate in complete respect of natural environment and local cultures while traversing their territories.This rare freedom allows us to enjoy the land and cut down boundaries in a way that in other nations, notably “developed countries”,would be impossible due to their policy of increasing restrictions.Our members have extensive knowledge of the territory and reliable off-road experience that translates into excellent guiding skills.We have accurately designed a selection of guided rides roaming through an environment that sets no limits to challenges and variety of terrains. From fire roads, single line leafy tracks, open forest trails winding through tropical rain forest and river crossings, sandy beaches and mountain trails, to secluded National Parks’ marvels;The experience could be a life-time memory.
Ao Nang, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This day was no similar to what I had imagined before, nor what I thought of it in the morning when I first time sat on the Enduro. Riding experience I have had was so small that I did not understand what was going to happen. Patrick had to adjust the program of the day on the go, with all the time he was concerned about my comfort. I was fortunate that Patrick is so patient and really good teacher (this despite the fact that Thailand Off-Road Adventures is not a moto-school). Also I was lucky that I was alone and Patrick had the energy and the desire to spend time with such a beginner.

Not every beginner can be so lucky, so you need a sober assessment of your strength and fair warning about your riding experience. Still need to keep in mind that riding a street bike is not the same as riding a dirt bike.

I definitely recommend Thailand Off-Road Adventures for everybody who likes motorcycles, very active time spending in nature and is not afraid to fall in love with dirt bikes.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Gutiusha

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Krabi Town, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent team with Thailand off-road.com”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great experience. You will see the unseen place in Thailand with motocycle. Good time and great place. Unforgettable. This team is friendly.

3 Thank Suanbangbon K
Rome, Lazio, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I wanted to beat that gall of Simone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My older brother Simon always wishes to look better than me in whatever we do. This time I had a chance to show him that I can keep his unnerving brassiness at the minimum.
Mom and dad went to Thailand for New Year and they loved it. However, my dad was almost only talking about his enduro adventure and how it got all crazy and fun with his Indian guide Geronimo. My old folk is a genuine freak sometimes, especially when he is left free as a wild dog as it was in Krabi on a motorcycle. Dad’s stories were very cool.

My brother of course got carry out and decided not to go to Spain for the holidays as he planned months earlier. He wanted to follow dad’s steps, so he booked for Thailand instead. As at his own surprise, I decided to join the vacation (not him, the ride and the fun). Mom wasn’t that happy with it at the beginning but then she agreed even if with some reserves.

I speak English. Not so my brother. Although he never really admits it, I had to be his personal guide and keep him out of trouble in Krabi. That was cool.
We had already booked a ride with Thailand Off-Road Adventures via their website. When the day came, everything was ready and simple as exactly my dad had said.
The bikes were ready, and it was a beautiful day. Marco, - the Geronimo -, was our guide. He was by now warming up the day with a bunch of safety and technical information. But I already knew what I had to do. I had a plan.
My brother thinks he can ride an enduro bike, and while it may be true to a cert extend, he also believes I can’t. That sucks. I swore to myself that I would make him swallow it back.

Our ride started easy before becoming more technical and serious. My brother started his classical show up attitude and from there I launched my frontal attack. Cool plan.
We rode in the sand through a very complicated forest of palms and giant trees. I had no fear on challenging that gall of Simon and I beat him badly in that forest. Cool “little brother” Matty!
When Simon got tired like a fatty pig running away from a tiger, I was by then as hungry as that tiger itself. I’m not crazy for Thai food but I ate my portion of the lunch with hunger that afternoon.
In the mountain village where we stopped for food, the local people showed all their friendliness. I was asked to be part of a picture with them all together (about 50 people?). Geronimo seemed to be pretty well known over there as the village’s head man himself came to greed us. Indians for Indians? I don’t know. You tell me.

While heading back south, I must say I encountered some of the most challenging ride of the day. My brother had some riding problems, perhaps connected to his strength fading away, and I was very happy to help him especially when we came across of several river crossings. Regardless of the dry season, the riverbeds were littered with slippery rocks and muddy holes. Around us the jungle got ticker and greener, and I could not help but smile all the way. As for my brother, I don’t know. He appeared to be a bit confused from time to time. Perhaps he lost his concentration while feeling my front wheel right behind his neck all the time. Cool rider.
It was funny when Simon crashed his bike into a mudhole that was as big as a latrine. He came out unharmed but like a walking statue of mud. Luckily I came away untouched even if a bit dirty. I had to give help to Geronimo in order to take the bikes out of that [--]. Geronimo was laughing like crazy.
When we got back to Thailand Off-Road’s garage in Krabi town, I could see Simon totally exhausted, basically beaten to a pulp. I gave him a big smile and we hugged each other. How could I not love my brother?
As for Geronimo the Apache chief, I wanted to be like him, at least for a day. Wild cool man.

5 Thank Matteo E
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Geronimo and my dad together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Mom and dad went to Krabi for the Christmas holidays. When they came back home, among the many fun stories they brought, dad told me about Geronimo at “Thailand Off-Road Adventures” and the unforgettable adventure they lived together. That story, constantly enhanced by dad’s overexcitement made mom almost jealous. While talking about it, dad looked as thrilled as a schoolboy. The last time I saw him that energized was when he messed up with Red Bull and some other hypercaffeinated home-made ingredients while heading to one of the many local sport events he frequently attends with supercompetitive hopes.
His story convinced me that it was my turn for real fun, so I cancelled my planned trip to the Canary Islands and went for Thailand. Unfortunately I didn’t know my little brother Matty was coming along and of course I had to babysit him. That was a promise I had to make to mom!
Krabi’s Ao Nang Beach is a quiet and nice place to spend few days. It is where we stayed.
Two days later after our arrival in Thailand, my little brother and I were ready to meet “Geronimo” & friends. Fun started in their garage even before the ride. There were a lot of stories and jokes to make everybody warmed up in advance. My little brother seemed to enjoy it very much, perhaps too much. But fun is the reason we come to Krabi, so there was nothing out of the ordinary going on yet.
Back home I ride a bit of enduro and mountain bike, while my little brother plays mainly football and road cycle. Geronimo decided to take us to an initially easy ride to taste our skills. That was good for us. The day was hot like the summers in Italy, and the mountains, although very beautiful, not easy to climb and to descend. However it was all manageable with the help of our “Apache” guide. What I didn’t expect however was my little brother’s baby-overexcitement, perhaps just like dad in what he closely resembles. Matty went nuts and things escalated quickly out of control.
Now it appeared cleared to me that my little brother’s main purpose was to compete with me. He just didn’t plan to go play-riding, he wanted a war! And war it was. Geronimo’s concern was that of taking us to some of the most secluded and safest areas he knew. Our guide was aware of our battle and as he said at the beginning of the ride: - “Your safety is my first concern”- he took us to a palm forest with sandy tracks where we could unleash our rivalry.
We slalomed through thousands of corners that needed a rear slide technique. It was fast, fun, and high practice-teaching. And, what about my little brother? I left him in the dust of course.
When the little Matty got totally exhausted, it was time for a break. We had some delicious Thai food in a tiny village of very curious people. Their interest made me feel like I was a film superstar in action.
After that it was time for our way back home. Crossing the mountains again, and through different routes we came, turned out to be challenging and enlightening at the same time. Geronimo had respected his word. He showed us what many years of experience can do. That man knows the area and its innermost secrets like a real Indian out of a Far West film. I loved following him as close as I could get.
As the sunset approached (and my little brother got more and more tired), in my mind I had the thought of the infamous “night-ride without-lights” that my dad wanted to experience. That thought was coming closer and closer. Sure I would have done it as well, but then looking at Matty’s endurance slowly fading away, I wisely selected for an earlier and safer return. I had promised my baby-sitting duty to mom after all.
But while my dad’s reckless experience makes him look a wonderful man to me, Matty’s behavior showed exactly what he is made of. In a failed attempt to follow my speed, he tailboned me and both of us ended up in a deep ditch filled with mud. Nobody got hurt but the work needed to rescue the bikes was awful. It was Geronimo who did the job while I personally wanted to kill my brother.
However, Geronimo and I brought Matty back home safe and smiling like a monkey, all in one decent piece. Mom will be proud of me, and my dad even more enthusiastic.
Despite the war-like events I feel I love my little brother more than ever. I love him for what he is and for what he gives to me in his own way of course. We are even tighter to each other after the unforgettable adventure that Geronimo gave to us. That Apache is my hero in Thailand, and we are friends now. I hope I will see him again soon.

(Translated from Italian with the help of mom)

7 Thank Simone A
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a day of off road motorcycle riding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the first time I have ever ridden off road and what a huge amount of fun it was!
Amazing scenery, great trails and with a guide who was a very accomplished rider and motorcycle mechanic, who also spoke perfect english, well this day was one I will never forget.
I will definitely be back to ride with Marco and Patrick, the 2 owners of the company.
Thank you guys for being excellent hosts, extremely informative, for offering me riding tips that helped me progress quickly.
If your adventurous or want to be, do this!

7 Thank Anthony M