“Great Experience”

Nosey Parker's Elephant Camp - Private Day Tours
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sorry Elephant, I had a wonderful time riding on your back but I promise I will not do it again. The elephants are trained to be able to raise its trunk to pose for photos, walk left or right, stop, etc but I wonder how are they trained? I hope no cruel trainings. It was a great experience but I pity the elephants at the same time because we are heavy (like 100kg for 2 Asians?) Price is around 800baht per person with mini van transport. If you are lucky you could haggle for a lower price.

There are newer reviews for Nosey Parker's Elephant Camp - Private Day Tours

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were interested in riding the elephants and got the impression from leaflets that this place would be somewhere that treated the animals well but unfortunately, as others have said, this is not the case. I am not a wildlife expert but the elephants all appeared to be over worked and were constantly being hit by our guide with a stick with a spike attached even when they simply needed a drink. After our ride we watched others and this seemed to be the case with all of the animals. The attraction is good value and a unique experience but unfortunately I can't give this a positive review after seeing the conditions the elephants live in.

3  Thank daveafcw
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I know it is probably politically incorrect to ride elephants... but I have to say that the few hours spent at this place was the highlight of our trip.

The day we went there it was very quite so we were able to roam about and meet most of the magnificent elephants living there, who on the whole seemed well cared for.

My husband and I rode bareback and while I was a little anxious the elephants seem relaxed and comfortable with the experience.

The staff could not have been friendlier and obviously enjoyed what they did.

I suppose if it was busier the experience might be different, but overall it was a 10 out of 10 for us.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My Sister & Myself both in our 60,s arrived with a package from a local resort. I had read bad reviews but went to find out for myself.
The staff were friendly & helpful we had another couple with us.
We were helped aboard the Elephants, 3 altogether.
My drivers name was Kum Low & elephants name Byton.
We ambled through the creek and jungle with the driver answering all my questions. All the elephants are girls so they "dont always listen" he joked. He carried a stick/hook which he did not use Byton did what was asked of her with his instructions. I climbed on to her neck for photos .
All the elephants stopped to eat, scratch their backsides on trees any time they liked.
Afterwards we fed them piles of cucumbers & took photos of them rolling around in the water which they walked out of when they were ready.
All in all I feel they have a happy life not too strenuous carrying us for an hour 3 times a day. I didnt see anything cruel treatment at all.

1  Thank Janis C
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was so excited to experience the elephant trekking as I heard from everyone it's amazing but when we got there I was so disappointed. The elephants are so mistreated with men sitting on there necks constantly jabbing them with a hook type thing. At one point our elephant started to try and eat some leaves and they young boy on his neck started beating him. It made us so sad to see the elephants treated this way. It's probably better to go to and elephant sanctuary or something where they actually care about the animals.

4  Thank Cupcake1210