“Very beautiful day !” 5 of 5 bubbles

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very beautiful day !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We made elephant traking full day in 12.12.2012. Was amazing ! Nice people.Elephants are happy and has good tratament . I don't understood why there are here some peoples which write that they saw wrong things !:( I advise everybody to go here ! Could see very clean elephantes and beautiful peoples !

• Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Elephant Trek with Nosey Parker”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a great spot if you are looking to ride an elephant for a couple of hours. The guides are very friendly, let some of us ride the head of the elephant and gave us pineapple to feed them. You ride them through a small river and through a bit of the jungle.

If you want to get closer to the elephants, spend more time, and take care of ones who are rescued; you'll have to head up north to Chang Mai or Pai. This is simply a good place to ride an elephant.

Manchester, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“It was fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have done the elephant thing before in Thailand but my husband hadn't and he really wanted to do it.We were so undecided after seeing some of the reviews on here especially as we are real animal lovers but we took a chance and it was fine.I can only speak for our experience over about a 2 hour period on one specific day but we didn't see any evidence of any animal being abused,infact our elephant quite scarily in fact just did its own thing!.She stopped to scratch under trees numerous times,refused to move,took her own path instead of the one she was asked to take,dashed along when she should have stopped!!,not once did she get chastised or hit,I think she was in charge of the trainer!.So draw your own conclusions,maybe we were lucky,maybe we had a kind trainer,who knows but our experience was very enjoyable.

1 Thank chrissyDerbyshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were picked up from our hotel for this trip. All thd staff we came into contact with were really friendly and welcoming. The experience did not disappoint. Though not an expert the elephants seemed well looked after and happy. The guide we had seemed to guenuinly care for our elephant. And as far as taking photos of us he was so helpful, nothing too much bother.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“elephants scared stiff of trainers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The elephants were scared stiff of the trainers, one minute they are happy when the trainer is not near them and the next the trainer come near or even look in the elephant direction and it suddently becomes scared, you can see it in their eyes and they pull their faces up out of the way and curl their trunks up to protect themselves. At one point the trainer came towards the elephant we were riding and it bucked out of the way by lift its head right up because it thought the trainer was going to hit it. I really thought we were going to fall off the animal it jerked so suddenly.

They did hit the elephants on their heads a few times in front of us to get them moving. I think something is going on behind closed doors which is more sinister and I could quite imagine they are capable of doing it after I saw the reactions of the animals. There was one particular trainer they were very scared of too and I had the feeling he was in charge.

I have a bad leg and the trainer was relunctant to help me get on or off the elephant, he didn't care one bit, i wish I had got his name but I can't remember it.

I do not know what is going on there but it needs to be investigated by the authorities and shut down.

I should have had a nice memory of my whole holiday but I can't rid this from my mind at all, I wish I had got that stick and did something it... but I'd be on a one woman mission to change people that don't want to change.

Visited September 2012