Nosey Parker's Elephant Camp - Private Day Tours
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were picked up from our hotel for this trip. All thd staff we came into contact with were really friendly and welcoming. The experience did not disappoint. Though not an expert the elephants seemed well looked after and happy. The guide we had seemed to guenuinly care for our elephant. And as far as taking photos of us he was so helpful, nothing too much bother.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The elephants were scared stiff of the trainers, one minute they are happy when the trainer is not near them and the next the trainer come near or even look in the elephant direction and it suddently becomes scared, you can see it in their eyes and they pull their faces up out of the way and curl their trunks up to protect themselves. At one point the trainer came towards the elephant we were riding and it bucked out of the way by lift its head right up because it thought the trainer was going to hit it. I really thought we were going to fall off the animal it jerked so suddenly.

They did hit the elephants on their heads a few times in front of us to get them moving. I think something is going on behind closed doors which is more sinister and I could quite imagine they are capable of doing it after I saw the reactions of the animals. There was one particular trainer they were very scared of too and I had the feeling he was in charge.

I have a bad leg and the trainer was relunctant to help me get on or off the elephant, he didn't care one bit, i wish I had got his name but I can't remember it.

I do not know what is going on there but it needs to be investigated by the authorities and shut down.

I should have had a nice memory of my whole holiday but I can't rid this from my mind at all, I wish I had got that stick and did something it... but I'd be on a one woman mission to change people that don't want to change.

7  Thank Jillian S
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not great, elephants being abused.

My wife enjoyed her trip however i did not. My elephant was continually beaten over the head thoughout the trek, i could see the elephant did not enjoy this i can understand way.

Half way though the trek the trainer jumped off and let me sat on top of an angry/upset elephant that just wanted to get away so again (nelly) was beaten. I demanded to go back as i was not enjoying this and felt upset about how the elephant was being treated.

When we finally got back to the Camp we were asked if we enjoyed our trek, just a note they dont take critisim to well. Apprentally you have to hit an elephant hard and repeat this to "train" the elephant.

Other tourist also shared this opinon after the trek.
Not recommended

5  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed September 26, 2012

After an awesome morning kayaking my boyfriend and i were looking forward to a cruisey elephant ride through the jungle. Our guide told us after we had entered the jungle that he had only been working with the animals for one month, at this point we were already a bit apprehensive. We were on the elephant about 15 minutes into the jungle when the elephant stopped to scratch himself on a tree trunk and they had not secured the seat we were perched on properly and it swung around to the side and off the elephant. My partner and I both went flying, I jarred my shoulder on a log i came down on (thankfully nothing broken, easily could have been much much worse but we managed to hang on til the last second) and fell on my back right underneath this poor scared creature who reared up and nearly came right down on me. My dress ripped entirely up the back in the scuffle of my boyfriend pulling me out from being nearly crushed. So after coming close to being trampled and half naked our guide didnt say anything and just waved us back in the direction of the camp while he whipped the poor animal with the bull hook. We understand these are wild creatures and it was in no way the animals fault. We tripped our way back through thigh high muddy jungle (spiders/ snakes etc) with no help or apologies. When we arrived back to the camp area the only person to help us or apologise was our driver who had nothing to do with the park, everybody else who worked there just sat around playing cards! Honestly I'm just thankful nobody got hurt or that this didn't happen to a child but i would never return as this honestly scared the living s**t out of me and my boyfriend and i'm not the easiest person to shock. Would not recommend.

4  Thank Lydia G
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to have elephant track and it was so sad, the elephants are in terrible conditions and they are beating for the staff, also we were told that they brake a bone to put the chair that is on it's neck so dont support this kind of cruelty better pet or feed them but dont ride them, poor things

3  Thank lau_cobain