“A poor experience!”

Nattha Waree Hot Spring Resort and Spa
Ranked #73 of 182 Hotels in Krabi Town
“A poor experience!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on our travels around Thailand, and it was 2 nights too many!

We were heading from Ayutthaya on our way to Koh Phangan and thought a bit of relaxation would be good after a lot of touring. We had also emailed the hotel in advance with regards to travel from the hotel to Koh Phangan as we had read its location was very remote and not a lot of tour operators were close by.

I received an email back from the hotel with several different options of bus and ferry times and costs.

However when I got to the hotel and tried to arrange the trip to Koh Phangan the receptionist told me that she wouldn't arrange it! Not couldn't arrange it.....but wouldn't arrange it!

She did however offer to charge me 800THB to get to Krabi so I could arrange the travel myself.

I then asked if there was a way for me to get to Krabi by public transport as I had read previous reviews stating busses did pass the hotel. I was told I could get a bus across the road from the hotel but she couldn't tell me the times or even the name of the company so I could look it up online!

After 2 hours of searching we ended up just booking flights from Krabi to Samui at a considerably higher cost than what we budgeted for.

The hotel grounds are of quite poor standards. The pool and hot springs are not well maintained and very dirty and murky.

We also opted for a room with a jacuzzi and small hot spring pool. The jacuzzi was poor and the hot spring was unbearably hot! There is only really 1 hot spring on the entire complex that can be used comfortably and even was only really comfortable after sunset.

The breakfast was also poor!
The first morning was a buffet (probably due to the amount of people that were there) which consisted of the usual Thai offerings of rice, soup, vegetables, eggs and very fatty bacon, but it was cold! The coffee was instant Nescafé!

The second day there was a set breakfast menu cooked to order. I ordered scrambled eggs with toast. It took 35 minutes to arrive, the toast resembled hot floppy bread and the eggs were cold!

As I mentioned the resort is so remote that there is absolutely nothing surrounding it, so no shops! If you decide to stay here I would consider stocking up on supplies as the hotel charge very over inflated prices for water and beer.

To their credit though, I did run out of cigarettes and they offered to go to the shop and buy some for me. Which was nice of them.

Overall it was a very disappointing stay.

This is a place that you might want to visit for the day if you want to experience the hot springs. Judging by the very poor service offered to staying guests, I would suspect that they are relying on day trippers to the resort to sustain their business!

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Jannettaphil

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Pros: very clean large room & bathroom with all the necessities, clean swimming pools & hot-spring pools, buffet-breakfast on weekends, beautiful landscaping & very helpful staffs.

Cons: set-breakfast on weekdays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tigeryeoh1962
Gifu, Japan
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The staff were so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and quite big. Also they provide a swimsuit for men, so you don't need to bring a swimsuit. The private pool and hot springs were really nice. Some of them were not clean though. This hotel is far from Krabi town and Ao Nang area, but they organize tours, so you can join the tour for elephant trekking and Phi Phi Island. Phi Phi Island is much more beautiful than Ao Nang beach. If you book the tour, the driver of the hotel will take you to Krabi town. After finishing the tour, you can have a look at Krabi town. So if you want to relax and want a private, I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ayk91122
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay in krabi you have to book in ao nang... You'll get the beach pools and things going on. Nattha was a nice place but so out of the way costing you two buses or taxi's to take you to krabi centre and then in to ao nang. The staff have been so helpful but there is a small language barrier if you were looking to ask questions. You have to point a lot and show pictures. The rooms were clean and it's nice and quiet! The pool needed cleaning really and there isn't many sunbeds. The food at the hotel was ok but I'd recommend eating out. Please be aware though that if you eat out in ao nang you need to catch a bus back to krabi centre before 10pm. The problem from krabi centre once you get there though is that the buses stop running at 5pm! So your only way of getting back is taxi-700 baht later each time!!! It can become quite costly.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Carliesammy
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was not staying at the resort just visited for the afternoon, as i'd already been to a national park hot spring in Raynong and found it was very busy with noisy children, hardly relaxing.
A bit different from the public hot springs, nice and quite, well run spring and spa. Nice clean water and well maintained surrounding gardens, many different hot pools and temperatures to choose including fish massage pool and swimming pool.
Changing room and lockers.

Hotel looked good too.

Would go again and recommend for a change from the beach etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kookaddski
Natthawaree, General Manager at Nattha Waree Hot Spring Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Kookaddski,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am really pleased to note that overall you have had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments with regards the quality of the food and the hotel facilities in general are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback on the friendly and helpful staff with the team here at the hotel.

We hope to see you back again soon - please stay in touch and let us know if there is ever anything with which we can help!

Best regards,
Natprapa P.
Mallorytown, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were booked into this hotel for three nights and stayed for an extra night. This is a beautiful hotel with gorgeous grounds and a fantastic main pool and a smaller pool that was great for families with kids. There are only 24 units and the hotel was not full while I was there, so it was quiet and peaceful most of the time, the weekend being busier with day-trippers. The hot spring pools are a nice bonus but I would stay here even without them. It was nice to come back after a busy day on the ocean or in town and just relax. The food was absolutely delicious, I particularly recommend the spring rolls and tempura shrimp, both to die for! I appreciated the discreet way that the rooms were cleaned and the ground upkeep was done: you never really noticed the staff going about their duties but the place was very well kept with my room always done up after I had been out for the day.The rooms are spacious with very comfortable mattresses, linens and pillows and have large bathrooms with plenty of hot water for long showers. I had planned to stay at a beach hotel for at least one night of my stay in Krabi, or go back to a beach in Phuket a day before having to return the car, but after doing some day tours realized that the beach hotels were very busy and the beaches filled with day-trippers, making this out-of-town oasis much more appealing. We rented a car to get there from Phuket, not realizing that there was an airport in Krabi, but having a car is almost essential as you are about 20 km from the beaches, though they are not hard to drive to at all. Had a fabulous Thai massage right in the room. There is a bit of a language barrier as only the manager/owner has a good grasp of English, and some of the wait staff had none, but this was a minor inconvenience that was always worked out. Figured out that the best way to order anything to drink is to go to the cooler beside the bar and point it out to the waiter.The wi-fi was out while I was there, but it was being worked on. TV is only in Thai, so bring your own entertainment. I had movies on my computer and some books so was well prepared, but spent most evenings relaxing in the pool, floating on my back under the palm trees, looking up at the stars. Just divine.

Room Tip: We were in unit 6, at the far end of the grounds, between a hot spring and the large pool. Would rec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoAnne-Fletcher
Natthawaree, Owner at Nattha Waree Hot Spring Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear JoAnne-Fletcher
Mallorytown, Canada

Best regards,
Natprapa P.
Adelaide
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted complete relaxation and peace, and that is what we got at the Nattha Warree Hot Springs Resort and Spa. With that said, we don't think this type of a resort is for everyone. We were very lucky to be almost the only ones staying overnight at the resort. Usually, tourists come to visit it during the day, but even so it feels very empty and quiet. One cannot actually stay too long in the water, and after being in the hot springs it makes you feel very tired and relaxed. We spent the total of 30 minutes MAXIMUM in the springs every day of our 4 day stay. With this said, most people would probably want to "do something" and there is NOTHING to do at the resort. For us that was perfect as we could just relax and catch up on the reading. However, if you are looking for activities of any sort, this might not be the right place for you YET. The staff at the resort is working on adding activities, cooking classes, massage, etc. - but make sure to contact them before to see if they have created these activities already. Also, research any tours yourself as that information is not available at the resort. Furthermore, this resort is really far from everything. The closest market is a 10-15 minute car ride away and Krabi is about 25-30 minutes away. The closest sight seeing is a temple and the beach which is 1 hour away.

In regards to the rooms - they are huge, comfortable and clean. TV is in Thai only and the internet connection is very very poor. Really, this resort is the perfect place to do nothing, meditate, do yoga, relax - the perfect place to disconnect! The staff is friendly and the food in the restaurant is good. The breakfast is a bit light. Since there is nothing around, you will be obliged to eat at their restaurant which, again, is quite good.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay, but do not recommend it to people looking for activities or lots of things to do until the resort adds those opportunities. Also, the water in the springs is really hot (39 degrees to 45 degrees). If you like hot springs, our recommendation is to visit the springs or stay one night (as opposed to a prolonged stay).

Room Tip: There are luxury rooms available with private hot springs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple