“Lovely Meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay, the owner who is Italian and his Thai wife are very friendly. Both meals were great especially the pizzas.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice small restaurant serving good italian inspired food in- and outside on a main Street in Krabi Town. Owner maybe Italian?
We had a couple of chicken dishes which were quite fine. Together with 2 sodas and 2 Singha beer the Bill was 870 baht - very fair price.
Service was kind and observant

1  Thank Lynge T
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went there once. Food was ok, but certainly nothing special. Very slow service . Forgot one order which came after about 1 hour without excuses. No tip and will not come back. Expensive compared to other places in Krabi Town

Viva99, Owner at Viva Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

We are very sorry to hear your disappointment with our slow service, we normally try to get ordered food out to our costumers as quick as possible, something must have gone wrong and i wanted to apologize once again for your unlucky experience you had in my place. Normally we are getting good feedbacks about our service. With the intention to improve quick service, send you best regards, Renato

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Me and my wife have tried pizza many times before in Thailand, like pizza Hut and others, and have been very disappointed. So we really had no expectations going to Viva.

And Viva served us as a starter garlic bread with tomato and chili, that for us was the best ever eaten. And then came the oven baked pizza and took us by storm.

When you eat it, you don´t wanna be disturbed by anything or anyone. Perfection !

Also a very nice and clean place with good owners.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I got problem which was so simple and very easy to solve, the waiter didn't know that he should serve first for appetizer, then follow with the main courses, we tried twice and the services was wrong at the same point. We asked to see the owner for discussion the improvement.

The owner was real worst, he made impolite service to us, he said he was sorry and he would challenge us to leave if we were unhappy. He said his chef was not working and the staffs service is only his problem, not mine.

I am a general customer and pay full price, I don't deserved for this kind of service. I asked to have only the normal practice but the owner ignored, later he spoke with my husband who is foreigner and offered Grappa for complimentary, I got no attention at all while I am the one who was looked down. Not sure if because I am Thai, and I supposed to be a former bar-girl, poverty and lack of education, so I got this kind of practice from the owner of La Viva. That was unforgettable dinner within my own country.

To refer to the taste of food, might be I was totally unlucky, my food was desperate, dry and tasteless, I ordered for the Mix Meat Grills, not sure for the complete name, but it stated that it was the Pork Loins, Chicken Breast, and Pork Sausages. It did look like the meat from leftover for me. I don't want to be pessimistic, might be I was just bad luck, that's all.

Seen the picture of their Pizza, looked yummy but I have never tried, Their pasta was also tasteless, The other simple pasta shops in Krabi town and in Ao Nang are a lot cheaper and a lot more better for the taste.

Would recommend for LA VIVA IS NOT WORTH TO TRY, WASTE OF TIME TO VISIT THERE If you are Thai. Seems forbidden to us, don't be sad.. there are a lot of great Italian Eating surround that area.

I certified this is true by my own experience twice time with this La Viva, will say goodbye for good to this place. Really waste.

Viva99, Owner at Viva Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

We at Viva Restaurant feel very sorry about the inconvenient dining experience you had in our Restaurant. Personally, as the owner talking, It must have gone all wrong that evening to give you such a terrible impression about my place. At this point i would like to apologize once again. Being well established in Krabi since 15 years, we have always welcomed all our Thai costumers, sorry once again if we made you feel not that way. My biggest concern is, that you felt like down looked because of educational level. I personally have always tried to treat all people the same way, regardless their education, would'nt you do the same way?
With best regards, Viva Restaurant