“NOT anything like the 'official photos'” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of SP Guesthouse & Tour

SP Guesthouse & Tour
Ranked #248 of 297 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Torquay, United Kingdom
“NOT anything like the 'official photos'”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was an absolute grub hole. From the minute we walked in, I had my doubts - the man behind the desk was pushy and confused. He eventially showed us up to our room which was two flights of stairs up (on cracked dangerous steps). It was NOTHING like any of the photos shown on the booking websites. The bathroom was disgusting and dirty. I have uploaded my photos to show you. Every time we left or entered the building, the man behind the desk would act like he had never seen us before and get confused. Sometimes he was nice as pie, other times we felt almost shouted at!! Horrid grubby little place which is surrounded by other guesthouses which looked far better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Was offered this by a nice lady at the bus station where songserm dumped us, figured for 250 baht a night I'd give it a go rather than wonder the streets. Room was on the 4th floor with very narrow corridors, not ideal with a large backpack' I went in low season and it seems the whole family was sleeping in reception.
I think I have been slightly generous with a 3, the room was OK, its a guesthouse so I knew sheets wouldn't be changed, however my bathroom stunk, the drainage hole didn't particularly work and I think it was connected directly to the sewerage system so the smell was quite obvious.
My tv stopped working the day i arrived, however the wifi was excellent and free, a router on every floor.

Other than a few barking dogs outside I slept fairly well, I think I got what I paid for overall.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Voycey
Tallinn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed there for 6 nights alone in a room meant for 2 persons. It had fan instead of AC but it was my choice and wasn't too bad afterall I'd say. The room had a TV which I never watched and good range of WIFI available. The thing I didn't like was that during the six days no one changed my sheets or cleaned the room so after a while I had to take garbage out myself and to be honest Krabi's streets are not full of trash bins, so it was a bit of a problem not to mention bathroom where water from the sink didn't go directly to sewer pipe instead it went on the tiled floor and due some problems with the " drainage hole" in the floor the water remained sometimes for a longer period and I had to borrow this "pump" to fix it. Besides that it was a nice place and the guy in reception was really helpful although hard to understand sometimes.

Room Tip: I would prefer to have room on the lower floor because it seemed that the rooms on the higher levels...