“best hostel ever.”
Review of Pak-Up Hostel

Pak-Up Hostel
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Pak-Up Hostel is by far the best hostel I've ever seen, anywhere in the world. A brand new building, with all the bells and whistles you could ask for - and more. Great staff at reception helped with transport/tour bookings. Attentive housekeeping staff kept the place spotless. Funky, modern decor throughout the building. Rainwater showers were luxurious and had me showering several times a day. Super comfortable beds/duvets. The rooftop bar is elegant and sexy.... serving amazing, strong cocktails. Totally great value. Oh, and the location is prime. In the smack middle of Krabi town, minutes from the longtail boat dock and surrounded by bars and cafes. Really wish I could have stayed longer than two nights. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank lindsay f
There are newer reviews for Pak-Up Hostel

Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was my 1st G.H. for 2-month-southern-Thailand holiday. Basically, this is a new building on the block!
There is no complain about the clean room and surrounding until --
1) The 2nd night there, found a huge beg bug, about the size of rice, in the middle of night on the white sheet of domitory bed. I suspected that was from the sofa i sat long time for eating my supper the night before... i report to the receptionist and ask them please clean the sofa throughly. But i don't see they care much.
2) The 3rd night i still get the itching feeling when sleeping. Now, i no longer interested in another night here.
3) They sell Ko Lanta Minivan ticket to my roommate for 350B, which i misheard for 300B. When i ask for a ticket they offer 350B and i said isn't it 300B. They immediately said OK, Discount for you. But it turn out to be a Cargo Van -- Collecting papers from book shop and shipping them to every 7-11 -- It took longer time to reach our destination, more than 3 hours (should be 2 hours). Later, we found out, the average price for a proper tourist-van service between Krabi & Ko Lanta is 250B. We call the Mini Van company and they come and collect us from Resort.

How can i trust them again? I pay 200B everyday for bed and they still over charge me for ticket.

Travelers in Krabi be sure to check price with guide book, a couple shops or travelers before you pay for your transporation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank unwgcu
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We crashed in Krabi for a couple nights before heading to the islands. We liked everything about Pack-Up Hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are clean. The roof top bar is comfortable, trendy, and sell reasonably priced drinks. A great place to chill with a laptop and plan your next move. Nothing but good things to say about Pack-Up Hostel. Highly recommend. Quick tip: the restaurant right next door called "Good Dream" or "Dream House" or something with Dream in the title has the best Thai food we've had in Thailand over the last 45 days.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nosearg
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a great time in Krabi. It´s a great place to stay when you´re traveling in Thailand. The beds are big and comforteble and the showers are amazing. A lot of space all the time and young people from over the world are coming there. Before it was a school and you can stil feel that because of the roomnames and decor. Upstairs you can drink a cold beer and play a game with your own friends or the other people who stay there. I´m getting old, but hope to come back there ones!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jan84neke
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Pak-Up Hostel is a great hotel in krabi i went before, special and conceptual.But the day i checked in i asked the receptionist to help me call the tourist company that I stay at here and they can pick me and my friend up next morning.The reason I asked them called because they can speak Thai but I can't.The receptionist talking on the phone, then told me she called to tourist company they say ok!
But at the next day, I wait at the lobby there no van came to pick us up.Then, i gotta asked receptionist(actually is diff from ytd), they asked back me why don't take hotel van instead of asking other tourist company.And that time is late already,me and my friend gotta walk to the tourist company.
The tourist company said this not the first time this Pak-Up Hotel did this to the tourist company.They actually did not answer any phone call from the Hotel.Thats mean the receptionist did not called at all.She cheat to us.
At the end,the van which suppose we took gone already.My friend and I need to buy a new ticket again for the next van trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank greentea_4567
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Here is the model by which all hostels in Thailand must compare themselves by. Fantastic design and extremely homely. The staff are very friendly and have excellent command of spoken English. The rooms are cheap compared to other hostels and are amazing. The beds have high-quality sheets and duvets and are a dream to sleep in - drunk or sober! There's free internet, free shower gel, shampoo & conditioner! Ridiculously cheap laundry costs and also two great bars - one downstairs and one on the roof. It's in a good location too as Krabi town is a good jumping off point for the Railway and surrounding Krabi islands. A sheer delight to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank cranmer56
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed in Krabi for 6 days and after my first night in a budget hostel up the road i went straight to the Pak up hostel the next day, First impressions are of a very modern, clean, and friendly hostel. The dorms are comfortable with air conditioning and great big lockers under each bunk, big enough to fit my giant rucksack and other baggage. The building used to be an old school and the management have carried this theme throughout the building, rooms are named after subjects, English, Thai, Maths, etc. and at the rear of the hostel is the Playground bar. I would certainly reccomend this hostel to other travellers, the prices are very reasonable and the facilities are top quality.
rarely do you find a hostel with food available in the evenings from the playground bar, tv and computers in the lobby, a rooftop bar with live music, and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo