“Cozy, clean, good service & friendly staff”
Review of Baan Purr

Baan Purr
Ranked #173 of 303 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cozy, clean, good service & friendly staff”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stay here 3 nights for our trip. Tao, person in charge is very friendly and help us arrange the island trip. Room is clean, cozy & comfort but mattress a little bit hard, we prefer soft mattress. Daily housekeeping. Breakfast is nice. Location is okay, just 5-10mins walk to Ao nang beach.

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Penang, malaysia
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I selected Baan Purr in my last trip in Krabi because of the phote review in their website, I like " white " as it looks clean. I was so impressed the moment I stepped in the room. It was:
1) huge
2) is real " white "
3) the bed is so comfortable with a soft comforter
4) the whole ambient feel so " sweet " and home

All staff there were so polite and thoughtful, they helped us to switch on the air cond before we come back ( from island hopping ). Most important thing, I had a very good american breakfast every morning ( I actually don't expect this at all ) :-)

The location is strategic and easy access to banks, 7-11 and all shopping stalls. Aonang beach only took me 10 minute stroll.
Although the location is nearby to the pubs, thank god that I had no problem to sleep well every night. I guess it could because of the Baan Purr makes me feel like home.

George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I stayed there for 2 nights .The room is clean ,cozy and spacious......all in one at Baan Purr.
Fast and efficient email respond ,friendly and helpful staff ,great American breakfast .Easy access to convenient shop ( 7-eleven ) ,restaurants ( seafood , Mc Donald , Starbucks, ..........& more ) , massage parlour ( highly recommended to Let's Sea Let's Relax ,opposite McDonald ,is about two (2) minutes walk from Baan Purr ,10 minutes walk to beach , shopping...............etc .The only drawback was pups nearby which can be noisy at night.However ,I have my ear pluck with me ,I still sleep well.

Johor Bahru
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I just came back from a 3 nights stay in Baan Purr and I could not find any major flaws with this little place in Ao Nang. They offered the lowest price for guesthouses in Ao Nang, and that's why we went with it and it didn't disappoint at all! What you see on their website is what you can expect!

Baan Purr is owned by this quiet guy named Tao (he owns 13 cats, and therefore the "Purr", but don't worry, the cats are not there!) and although he doesn't talk much, he tries to meet every possible request we had! They only have 12 rooms and you can easily identify the place with its white walls from far. It had just been opened for 1 year. We payed 600 Baht a night for a room (low season price) and the room we got was huge and spotlessly clean! My mum and I loved it the moment we stepped into the place!

We emailed Tao for the room and he arranged a car to fetch us from the airport. When we arrived, the room was ready with the air con on and all prepared for us. I think we were the only guests and it was pretty nice to own the whole place! We had their breakfast for one of the days there and it was nicely done! Their coffee is good too!

Baan Purr is near to a lot of restaurants. To their left is a row of bamboo hut restaurants serving seafood! And about 100 m away is the USA Street. The beach is slightly far down, but we did not find any problems walking to the beachfront.

The only downside to the place is that it could get noisy at night, because of the pubs and bars near to the place. Tao said that when he opened the B&B, there were only 2, but sadly, more and more had come out. The noise could get to you if you are a light sleeper. But for me, I didn't find it a problem and would go back again anytime!

A great place for budget travellers and what you get here can equal to what you get from other more well-known guesthouse, if not better!

• Stayed September 2010