“worst dive experience ever”

Manta Point Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Centre.
Reviewed June 4, 2010

At first it seemed professional, but as the week of diving went on it became clear that Keith only cared about money. He also spent the whole time on the boat telling us how much better his shop was than other dive shops in Krabi. The quality of the dives was low. I am an advanced diver but had to stay shallow because of beginners in the group. Then I was injured during a dive, and Keith's only consern was that I must pay! Including the dives I cancelled because of the blood coming out of my nose! I do not recommend this dive shop. There is much better available.

4  Thank discoveryfox
There are newer reviews for Manta Point Dive Center

Reviewed April 23, 2010

My wife and I were looking to get our PADI open water certificates while in Krabi on vacation for a week. We researched a couple of businesses online in the Ao Nang areas. Manta Point seemed to offer the best package deal. We were staying in the Sheraton, about 15 min away, but were picked up each morning, always right on time. We really enjoyed Keith's (owner and instructor) teaching style. He was extremely professional and was able to always make us feel at ease no matter what the situation. We had completed the online course requirements prior to arriving, so we were able to get started diving almost immediately. Our first dive was in Keith's private pool. The next day we were out in the open water. We also had our 17 year old son with us who already had his open water. Keith did a great job of matching him up with one of his many experiened divers that he had along on the boat (A and Tara). The boat was big and great for enjoying the trip out to the dive points. Although a bit slow, the lunch, fruit and conversation that was provided during the trips made the time fly. We got to know another really neat family who was on the boat with us each day. We had so much fun getting our open water PADI, we decided to book an additional, unplanned day of diving,

Reviewed March 31, 2010

We were staying at the Nakamanda Hotel who recommended Manta Point Divers to us. We usually always go with the recommendation of the hotel and this certainly was the right decision – what a great outfit. My husband and I were collected personally by the owner, Keith. It was so nice to have a private transfer to Ao Nang and not be on a dodgy van that resembles a cattle truck. Keith is a really chatty guy and is obviously passionate about diving and his business. The boat and the equipment were new and in great condition. There were only 7 divers in all and it was lovely (as 40 years olds) to have older, very experienced dive guides, Keith and Peter. We dived the wreck of the King Cruiser, Shark Point, and Anemone Reef and it was wonderful; the plentiful fish and corals, beautiful colours and the highlight of patting a Leopard Shark! There was also a lovely lunch laid on with lots of fruit and drinks to keep you going. My husband enjoyed the trip so much he signed up to go to Phi Phi the next day. My husband has done lots of diving and Manta Point Divers are way up there in the best people to dive with. A big thumbs up from us!

1  Thank LesleyAnn44
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Being a keen padi diver with open water qualification I did my research for a dive operator in Krabi. Fortunately I came accross Manta Point and exchanged emails with Lana [Keiths Wife] . Lana suggested that I could join an advanced open water course Keith was running during my stay. What a great move that was I ended up completing my course and adding two more days of fantastic dives. I have only completed 38 dives to date but I can say diving with Manta Point Keith,Lana and Peter was the most enjoyable diving I have done to date. As other reviews quote the dive sites including shark point,anemone reef and king cruiser wreck are some of the most exciting sites I have visited. During our holiday at Ao Nang we stayed at the fabulous Centara Grand hotel and each day we were collected and delivered back to the pontoon. If you are coming to Krabi to dive make sure you book with Manta Point. dive centre.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

We had a great time diving with Manta point. They have great customer service, and made us feel very comfortable. We ended up diving 3 days (2 in Phi Phi and 1 super day dive). The diving was unbelievable. Peter and Keith were great company during the long hauls out and back from the dive spots. We definitely had a few good laughs. We also met lots of great people on the boat, which made the experience even better. The enterprise is definitely a slow boat, but it makes for a relaxing and great sightseeing tour on the way.

We saw lots of other dive operations in Krabi, and thanks to trip a, we picked Manta. Thank goodness! The other dive operations had tons of divers on their boats, and it did not look as much fun : )

Dive with Manta. You will not be disappointed.