“great place to stay”

Good Dream Guesthouse
Ranked #41 of 318 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2013

friendly owner, cheap rooms, clean and central. they even helped us out with forward booking accommodation in places we were going to. The day out excursions such as 4 island trip are the cheapest we found in the whole area if booked with them and were brilliant. Could not find a single fault and there is a veggie restaurant round the corner. top place

Room Tip: we got the family room two adults and a child it was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is not the worst hostel I have seen but it is definitely not the best. It is cheap but the bathrooms, toilet and shower, were both very dirty. I'm not really that worried about dirty bathrooms because that's not unusual for shared facilities, but I find it worth mentioning because on an earlier review someone else made the same complaint and the owner replied saying (to paraphrase) he is over at Good Dreams 2 checking the bathroom twice a day plus the house cleaning staff checks on it. The first 2 days I stayed there the same wad of toilet paper was stuck to the floor in front of the sink. And the ledge in the shower room had a thick layer of black grunge on it. I wiped my towel on it and it came up black. In addition to the lack of cleanliness, my bed had the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept onf. Ever. It was metal springs with a thin cover and no padding. I woke up one morning with the print of the coil pressed into my side. My room smelt like sewer, all 3 nights I stayed there. It is centrally located but so are most places because Krabi is not that big. I would never stay here ever again. Fyi - I have never written a bad review of a hotel ever before.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 19pixie
GoodDreamGuy, Manager at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dissappointed to see this, as i am sure you can imagine. I want to say to everyone out there reading this... If you encounter a problem... SAY SOMETHING! It may surprise you how willing I am to help you. Without following every guest in and out of bathrooms I can't possibly know the condition of all 12 of our bathrooms at all times. It only takes one person to really mess up a shared bath, but that is also how many people it takes to get them cleaned. I simply cannot understand why our guests would prefer to say nasty things on the internet about us without even mentioning the problem to me or my staff. Don't like your bed? I'll get you another one... Bathroom is diry... I'll clean it.. Don't like your towel, I'll replace it... ETC etc.

However, if someone who is staying here doesn't even mention whatever it is that they are unhappy with... how can we possibly be expected to remedy the situation??

... tell me and i will fix the situation, or if i can not, i will refund your money. It is realy that simple.

I am terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your time here, but i truly wish that you had said something to me while you were here. I guarantee you that I would have change the experience for you.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We looked for a budget stay in Krabi town because we wanted to make some tours to the islands. And that's exactly what Good Dream is.

The location is perfect - a local bus to Ao Nang on the corner, the pier to Railey just 2 min walk down the street, the night market was just 5 min away and a lots of cafes, bars and restaurants close by.

We paid 500 THB for a double room with AC. The room was little dirty especially the bathroom. The shower was just fixed on the wall, no curtain or anything so the whole bathroom gets wet when you have a shower. Big plus was the perfectly working WIFI, AC and hot water. So alltogether it was okay for the amount of money we paid.

The owner is American and the staff also speeks good english. They are all very helpful and took really good care of us.

We would recommend Good Dream if you want a budget stay in Krabi Town.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was in Krabi town to sign up for TOT Internet and thought I need to feed my American taste buds. I stopped in to Bryan's Good Dreams for the fix. I didn't even need to peruse the menu....Buffalo Wings were the order of the day. Excellent...this is the only place I've found in the area that does the authentic "Wings". I don't get over here very often, but when I do the Good Dreams is a required stop for good food, friendly conversation and a taste of America in paradise.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here with fiancee. As long as you remember this is a guesthouse, not a luxury hotel, then I'd highly recommend this place. Rooms are clean and very cheap. The owner (or at least he's one of the owners) Bryan is an American, and he was around quite a bit, which is always a good sign-if you get a chance, talk to him, he's quite an interesting guy. Probably best of all was the service at the front desk; our train ticket that we had bought from an agency in Phi Phi wound up being unusable due to a protest on the rail line that closed the main north-south rail line to Bangkok. Both ladies at the front desk helped a GREAT amount in arrangements, making multiple phone calls on our behalf over the course of two days, eventually helping us get a full refund for both tickets and original agency fee even though the original agent from whom we bought the tickets was a 2 hour boat ride away!
A couple of tips, the first night we stayed here there was quite a bit of noise until about 12:15 coming from a nearby bar (though not sure if the bar is loud every night, we were there on a weekend). We switched rooms the second night to the other end of the guesthouse and could hear nothing, so if you turn in early it's probably worth asking for a room on the quieter side of the guesthouse. Secondly, if you want a BIG and good breakfast, take a look at their English or American breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at good dream 2 for few nights. It's very good guest house for only 150B per night (200B the fisrt night) for a single room. I didn't have a private bathroom but the share bathroom was very clean. The room is simple but good to spend a good night (clean, FAN, Wifi).
The staff is very nice and welcoming. There is a restaurant and the food is so good, Wan is an excellent cooker.
I went to a lot of guest house and this one was one of my favorite, mostly for this price.
I recommand without hesitation if you want to stay in Krabi town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came across this place online and I booked it before I got anywhere near it... American owned, it has a basic but very tasty food menu that does not dissapoint. Beer is a bit cheaper here than most of the bars in Krabi town and the tours on offer at cheaper than most of the surrounding tour guides. Lovely staff and great laid back atmosphere. Would definitely recommend! We stayed in a private room with aircon so I couldn't say what the shared accomodation is like...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends