“Decent hostel, good location, helpful owner.”

Good Dream Guesthouse
Ranked #39 of 303 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Decent hostel, good location, helpful owner.”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This place was a good base for Krabi. The staff and owner were very kind and helpful. The owner explains all of the tours and information in detail and will answer any question that you have about Krabi. The guesthouse itself was decent, clean, but hard mattresses and we had the balcony room, but the plastic chairs were too moldy and dirty to sit in. The shared bathroom often ran out of hot water. Other than that, the lobby has free internet and computers and was a good place to meet fellow travelers, overall, a good place to stay in Krabi and the location was just right.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LEHH
GoodDreamGuy, Owner at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thanks for your comments. I try to continue to be as helpful as i can be. Honesty goes a long way! I was unaware of the state of the chairs on the balcony bur i agree with you and we are getting new ones for all the balcony rooms this week. For anyone else out there that is considering staying here... if you find a problem... please! let us know... you will find that we will help you out, even if i have to run to the shop and get new chairs / sheets / pillows etc... that same day. I think you'll find... we genuinely want you to be happy here. :)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Enjoyed it here. The rooms leave a little to the imagination, however you get what you pay for. The staff is great and Bryan will be more than willing to help you out with your travel needs. In fact we emailed a couple places in town and Vryan was not only the only one to write back, but he did it almost instantly, so they won our money. It's no Hilton, but it will be perfect for our return to Krabi in a few weeks.

• Stayed October 2011
Moreton Bay Region, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I went to stay here but was given a fan room without an outside window to let the air in. The only window was an internal one. Due to it being really hot, and it being a small room I knew that I would not be able to sleep at night. I asked a couple who had just booked in if their room had an external window and they said it did. So I asked if I could get another fan room with a external window (to let the cool air in), and she said there was none available. I ended up checking out after arrival.

The room booking process was good, I was able to email the owner and got a prompt response.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Bucerias, Mexico
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed 3 nights in Good Dreams Krabi... the rooms are a good value but thats not why im writing this, I am writing because if the excellent service we got.. the people there are very knowledgeable about the area. the first day we rented motor bikes they gave us maps and told us some great "off the beat track" places to check out. They also hand picked activities that are worth doing, and really tried them and give an honest opinion. I am not usually somebody that does "tours", we did the kayak tour that was amazing. Its also a great place to hang out after a long day, the vibe is friendly and you will def meet friendly people there! The guy that runs it is a hands on guy and it shows the way him and his staff operate. We bought ouur tickets to ko phi phi from there and everybody on the boat paid more than us. Everything they said was correct they didnt just tell you what you want to hear. The room was fine but the service is what made this place really stand out.... I also am writing this because i see the review before me and cant believe its from the same place so i wanted to share my experience ... Fun and safe Travels
Adam

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Booked into this place online as the reviews were ok for the price. From the outside it looks pretty awful, the reception/cafe/bar isn't great but the room we were shown was the worst I have been subjected to. Apparently good dream is better than good dream 2 accross the street so god only knows what that is like. Our room was on ground level out the back of the building down a narrow alleyway. There was some confusion about whether we booked a/c or a fan room which was sorted quickly but I think only because the room they had for us had both anyway! The room itself was extremely damp. The ceiling had many black patches of damp, the sheets were dirty, when we arrived the bathroom was covered in water and there is a gap of about an inch under the room door which leads straight into the narrow wet alleyway so within about 2 mins we had about 4 unwanted visitors. Thankfully we hadn't paid at this point so we walked straight out. I fear a night in this damp cold room would have made us both ill, we may as well have been outside is was less damp there. Deluxe this was not. The staff were friendly but made no effort to offer a new room or an alternative so I guess they are all the same standard if not worse! Also the place is covered in American political propaganda so I guess the owner is American, I would also bet his room isn't in the same condition. It is very cheap but do yourself a huge favour and either stay the opposite side of town in Baan Sabaidee for a tiny bit extra cost it is far better! Or if you don't mind dorms go next door to good dream. Just don't stay at Good Dream!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Daveandlima
GoodDreamGuy, Owner at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
This is just an unfair for many reason: they arrived about 20 minutes after the previous tenants checked out and were being rude and acting annoyed about having to wait so i told the staff to rush - That is why the water was in the bathroom because it had just been cleaned. The statements about dirty sheets is simply untrue - come check my rooms if you don't believe me. The comment about "visitors" must refer to bugs, but is also untrue - there was nothing of the sort in there. Dampness: The reviewer failed to mention that the entire area has been experiencing torrential rainfall for about a week so everything in the entire area is damp - however, i suppose that is our fault as well. There is ONE sign in our entire establishment that could be considered "American Propaganda" and it is a joke sign. This couple was in a bad mood when they arrived, rude to the staff, and marched out without even ASKING for another room so that is another lie in this "review" of our establishment. It should also be noted that they booked a fan room, but then tried to lie to the staff to get an air-con upgrade, which i was just going to let them have for free because i like to be nice to people. I hope anyone reading this "customer's" review has the good sense to read a few more reviews before deciding where to stay because these 2, never actually did so.
Giessen, Germany
Reviewed September 25, 2011

One of the best hostels we visited during our trip in Thailand.
You have to be sure, that you cannot expect a luxurious room when you pay 5€ per night.
We booked a double room with a bathroom and AC.
A TV was included and we were able to get a DVD-Player.

The staff is very friendly and the restaurant makes delicious asian and western food.
If you have problems with eating rice or pasta every day, youre definitely at the right place ;)

A big thanks to Bryan, the owner of the hostel.
He is very helpful and friendly and at the weekend he brought us to some nice partys!

Furthermore you have the possibility to get WiFi anytime and If you want to do some daytrips, GoodDream will be an uncomplicated organizer.

Best Regards,

Jonas (and LEO ;))

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GoodDreamGuy, Owner at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Hi guys! you should know that we were just as happy with you guys as you were with us. it was great having you and the two of you are lots of fun. Hope you make it back next year! -Bryan
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 2, 2011

After reading many good reviews on tripadvisor, I booked a night at this guesthouse. I was disappointed that it was very run rown, very old, the ceiling had bugs on it. The feeling was like staying in a very old house but no vintage feel.

I shouldn't have expected too much given for the price I paid. It's just not that comfortable. The good thing was that there was a cafe in the front where my friends and I could use the internet for free.

My friends were upset that I booked this place because all the other things were nicely planned except this.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
GoodDreamGuy, Manager at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Hi there, not happy to see this and i don't think it good that you were disappointed.. but you should know that we have renovated extensively since you stayed last December including new beds, linens and pillows, as well as other furniture and repainting. Regardless, sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. -Bryan