“Loved it”
Review of Luboa Hut

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krabi Town
Luboa Hut
Munich, Germany
“Loved it”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

After some really bad experiences during our four-week-trip through Cambodia and Thailand, Luboa Hut was our highlight! Koh Jum managed to stay laid back and rustic. There are quite some resorts, but it is still far away from attracting the crowds.

When my friend and I arrived at Luboa Hut we were warmly greeted by Ann and the staff. We instantly felt arrived and at peace. It just seems, that the locals on Koh Jum don't know, what stress, deadlines or busyness mean - and that relaxes you as guests as well. I can't explain it any better, but that's what it felt like.

Our bungalow (900 baht per night) was spacious and clean, but a little bit dark. The bathroom was just fine and the water pressure was good - even if the water looked a little yellowish for two days or so (but we didn't mind). We had a big veranda with a slightly moldy, but very comfortable Couch on it. We liked, that the bungalow was in the shade and that we could see the sea from our veranda.

The beach is nice for walks and for hanging out. Swimming is only possible at high tide. If the water is clear, you can try snorkeling, but what you see is not very special.

The food at Luboa Hut is amazing! We looked forward to dinner every day and were not disappointed once!

We probably should've rented a scooter to explore the island. We will do this the next time, cause we will defenitely be back soon! All in all this is a still quite secret gem for all those who like it simple, relaxed, quiet and love good food. Even if it's not THE beach or THE bungalow of your dreams, the atmosphere, the people and the island make up for this easily!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosi P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This place has a nice vibe and 3 or 4 of the front bungalows are absolutely primo. There are a heap of other bungalows that aren't beach front and are up the hill into the jungle. The price is right and Ann the manager is great at what she does. It's a long way from the rest of koh jum and the beach isn't as nice as others on the island but the place makes up for that with its friendly staff and laid back atmosphere. There's also a tent platform above the dining area if you are that way inclined. Hire a motor bike and get the best of both worlds. Would recommend going out of peak season or booking beach front bungalows long in advance as they are popular.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We didn't actually stay at Luboa Hut so we can't comment on the accommodation but we used the restaurant on a number of occasions for food and drink and it really was some of the best food we had all trip. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, Ann is so helpful and it should be on everyone's list for anyone staying or visiting Ko Pu. The massages are also excellent and Ann even ended up organising our transport off the island and back upto Phuket! Do try!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rimbola
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A true gem, which has been improved and updated yet retains the lovely feeling of authentic Thailand. Ann & Nut look after you amazingly well. The food is astonishingly good and incredible value. We will return again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Baxter G
Mound, Minnesota
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with another couple. We randomly found it and that day they came and picked us up from where we were, took care of all of the tranpsortation and showed us our hotels. It was amazing! Ann was incredible. The place was so peaceful, and the huts were well taken care of! We had Thai massages, and used the Kayaks every day. It was a lovely part of our trip to Thailand. If/when we go back someday, we'll be sure to take a few days again to stay at the Luboa Hut again. We absolutely loved our time there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Antwerp
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Probably the best spot we've found in our stay in Thailand, a true gem! If you're looking for a place to relax - this is it! Some people might claim that after 3 days you've quite had it here, well we've stayed here for 11 nights and for all I care I could've stayed there for another month, alas we had to go home. The staff are more than friendly, they've gained a special place in our hearts...
The food is delicious and probably the best we've had during our entire stay in Thailand, some days they offer specials (fish or chicken dishes) depending on the guests etc. Imo they make the best padthai I've ever tasted, but than again I've not eaten anything bad there - it is all good!
Every evening they play volleybal, a nice escape from the laziness during the day. At night we were allowed to make a campfire on the beach, we taught them to roast marshmallows on it - the cook was pleasantly surprised that it was so yummy.
You can book a 4 island boattrip to go snorkelling at Ko-PhiPhi, Mosquito Island, Monkey Beach, Bamboo Island, well worth it!
We originally planned to stay there for 5 nights, and after the third day we cancelled our other destinations just because we were pretty sure that it couldn't get any better than this.
This place isn't overrun by tourists (it isn't in the lonely planet) and there isn't much to do on the island, but all in all it really depends on you and how you communicate with the other guests, the campfires were a great way to get to know your fellow travellers...
If all goes as planned, we'll be back next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First I need to apologise to Ann and Nut and the rest of the staff at Luboa Hut for not writing this review sooner. The truth is, I was loathe to share this wonderful place. Selfish me!
From the moment I came ashore on the longboat I was welcomed by the friendly people here. The huts are quite basic, but have nice bathrooms with flushing toilets, and cold showers (They're bamboo huts) and all only a few steps away from the beach. I think there are 11 huts. The restaurant area is virtually on the beach, and consists of an open area with low tables and cushions to sit and lean on. The food is very nice. Wifi is available in the restaurant area, although it was very buggy when I was there. It was about to be upgraded Ann told me, and I trust that it is better now.
There's a bar and Nut is the barman, who also plays guitar! It's a very laidback atmosphere at Luboa Hut, and a place to simply relax, swim, walk the beach, read, lay in a hammock (placed in many areas on the property, or go fishing for squid at sunset in a kayak.
I'm sorry I didn't share this information sooner, but Nut and Ann, I'm coming back in June and bringing two of my brothers with me! I'll bring you some music from my favourite Kiwi band when I come! Will see you then!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
#9 of 22 in Ko Jum
Jungle Hill Bungalow
Jungle Hill Bungalow
#2 of 8 in Ko Jum

Been to Luboa Hut? Share your experiences!