“A true gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luboa Hut

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krabi Town
Luboa Hut
Antwerp
“A true gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Probably the best spot we've found in our stay in Thailand, a true gem! If you're looking for a place to relax - this is it! Some people might claim that after 3 days you've quite had it here, well we've stayed here for 11 nights and for all I care I could've stayed there for another month, alas we had to go home. The staff are more than friendly, they've gained a special place in our hearts...
The food is delicious and probably the best we've had during our entire stay in Thailand, some days they offer specials (fish or chicken dishes) depending on the guests etc. Imo they make the best padthai I've ever tasted, but than again I've not eaten anything bad there - it is all good!
Every evening they play volleybal, a nice escape from the laziness during the day. At night we were allowed to make a campfire on the beach, we taught them to roast marshmallows on it - the cook was pleasantly surprised that it was so yummy.
You can book a 4 island boattrip to go snorkelling at Ko-PhiPhi, Mosquito Island, Monkey Beach, Bamboo Island, well worth it!
We originally planned to stay there for 5 nights, and after the third day we cancelled our other destinations just because we were pretty sure that it couldn't get any better than this.
This place isn't overrun by tourists (it isn't in the lonely planet) and there isn't much to do on the island, but all in all it really depends on you and how you communicate with the other guests, the campfires were a great way to get to know your fellow travellers...
If all goes as planned, we'll be back next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

First I need to apologise to Ann and Nut and the rest of the staff at Luboa Hut for not writing this review sooner. The truth is, I was loathe to share this wonderful place. Selfish me!
From the moment I came ashore on the longboat I was welcomed by the friendly people here. The huts are quite basic, but have nice bathrooms with flushing toilets, and cold showers (They're bamboo huts) and all only a few steps away from the beach. I think there are 11 huts. The restaurant area is virtually on the beach, and consists of an open area with low tables and cushions to sit and lean on. The food is very nice. Wifi is available in the restaurant area, although it was very buggy when I was there. It was about to be upgraded Ann told me, and I trust that it is better now.
There's a bar and Nut is the barman, who also plays guitar! It's a very laidback atmosphere at Luboa Hut, and a place to simply relax, swim, walk the beach, read, lay in a hammock (placed in many areas on the property, or go fishing for squid at sunset in a kayak.
I'm sorry I didn't share this information sooner, but Nut and Ann, I'm coming back in June and bringing two of my brothers with me! I'll bring you some music from my favourite Kiwi band when I come! Will see you then!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maxine S
Krabi Town, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Really enjoyed this place, it's off the beaten path but a definite place to go and relax and enjoy the beautiful island of Koh Jum/Pu. The staff was amazing, really friendly and helpful. They had awesome food and a really relaxing feel to the whole place. It is a place that I hope to go back to and enjoy everything they have to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice bungalow, great location and friendly staff. Luboa offers a great deserted island feel but with a few luxuries to round off the experience. The staff are friendly and attentive. The only downside, which was the same at other places on the island, is the distinctly average food.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank TMOreviews
greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

we stayed for 4 days in luboa huts in december.they do have now electricity and wifi.(at the restaurant)if you look for a real quiet place,simple huts with cold water shower,huts in the middle of nature. monkeys playing around and you should not be afraid of them....,the best gourmet food we had in our 9 weeks trip to thailand,thats the place.the owner ann and nut try to do everything possible for you.the crew super friendly.we felt home.def not a place if you are looking for nightlife.we enjoyed every moment.thanks for that nice stay we had

Room Tip: the rooms in dec between 400 and 750 the higher huts
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrysaGreece
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

...after leaving the ferry to Ko Lanta and jump on the longtail boat to Koh Jum (Koh Pu) I thought, thats it. Not many tourists are on this little island. Although the beach is not perfect for swimming, this is really perfect place to enjoy the silence and having nice food with Nut, Ann and Belle, the family you stay with. Go there and you will not be dissapointed! The only thing you have to be aware of: Do not leave biscuits in the room, the monkeys will smell and get them!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Hennack
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

I've visited Thailand five times now and stayed in a fair number of beach bungalow resorts. I found Luboa hut in 2009, and returned there with my girlfriend in 2010. It's just a lovely place to be. Right on the beach, Luboa is small family operation where you very quickly feel yourself a part of the family, as well a the extended family of guests who choose to stay and often to return there.

Great food in the restaurant and a friendly laid back atmosphere. Not too many well spaced bungalows with some creative touches.....thoughtful unpretentious simplicity .

Anne and Nut are lovely. It obviously is contagious as the few staff also are invariably so friendly and helpful, and people seem to easily get to know one another in the family atmosphere.

I must say that I was amazed to read what was said about garbage, smells and unwelcome animal life in one of the reviews here. In fact I was friendly with two English girls who stayed for a week or so in number eight in 2009, and they loved it. My bungalow was just behind their's, also behind the remarkably unremarkable kitchen area...so there you go!

We will certainly go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Andaman Beach Resort Koh Jum
Koh Jum Resort
Koh Jum Resort
#3 of 4 in Ko Jum

Been to Luboa Hut? Share your experiences!