“Very Cute & Clean Place Managed by Thai Women”
Review of Chan Cha Lay

Chan Cha Lay
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here on our pass through Krabi and at $10 it is a real steal!!!!! We only stayed a night, but the place was clean, well managed and the 2 Thai owner ladies were really helpful when it came to renting scooters, eating somewhere, sightseeing, boats to Railey, etc.
Breakfast not great, neither is the other food, but there are loads of restaurants within a 6 minute walk!! Stone's throw from the pier as well so if you are on your way to Railey it's perfect!

Room Tip: We had a room on G-floor with a small porch with 2 chairs and a view of the green gardens. Also, we...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hello you,

We have been for two days in Chan Cha Lay and We really did love our stay at there.

The staff was nice, the breakfast was good.
You got free internetconnection.
Quiet and nice garden in the

On our next stay at Krabi we would stay an Chan Cha Lay for sure.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous room and theme to the whole hotel, quirky features such as an outdoor shower and deck chairs, nice personal touch to the room. Good location, would recommend the night market for food, good service at the hotel, reception and breakfast all lovely!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Landed here on Lonely Planet's recommendation, it was lovely. The lady at the desk spoke good English and recommended a number of wonderful things locally. Room was air conditioned with an en suite (outdoors), and was charming. Paid 600baht a night. No hot water,but believe me, you don't need it!

The landlady kindly yalked us through the bus song ta system to get to Ao Nang and also recoommended superb massage and sea kayaking company to us.

Chan Cha Lay is just round the corner from the night market where there are superb cheap eats. Krabi Town itself isn't somewhere to stay for too long but srved asan excellent bas for us before moving onto Phi Phi.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for three times when I came to Krabi. I choose to stay here because I know this guesthouse from travelers's review. It's simple and not expensive. And this one of the staff is friendly because I don't know anything about Krabi but hers help me to know the trips or the places where I should go. I feel good and I hope to come back again :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here on two separate occasions. The location is good and is only a few minutes walk to the longtail boats that can take you to Railay or out for other day trips. The staff were friendly and didn't pressure us to buy day trips, buses, etc. I stayed in the air con room with a shared bathroom for 350 baht a night. If you want to stay here you should try to book ahead since they seem to fill up every night. I'm not usually a fan of shared bathrooms, but theirs was very clean and was perfectly acceptable for the price. I always feel like whenever a place makes it into the Lonely Planet it tends to go downhill a bit, and that might be the case with this place, but I'd stay here again. It's very basic accommodation, but it's cheap, clean, and quiet. They also arranged our transport to the airport and gave us a fair price with a safe driver in a nice(ish) car.

Room Tip: The breakfast wasn't great at Chan Cha Lay. If you have the time, go to Relax Coffee instead (it...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in a double room ensuite with air con. We stayed here on the recommendation from Lonely Planet and unfortunately the place was a real let down.

The windows are not sealed properly and therefore plenty mosquitoes come in at dusk and during the night. We were bitten quite a bit while we slept. We were very unhappy with this as there are no mosquito nets provided and the room was 650 baht per night. This was the first time we had been bitten since we arrived to Thailand, three weeks before arriving here.

The bathroom was also outside, which lead to more mosquitoes attacking us as we brushed our teeth and got ready for bed at night. The door here was also not sealed properly and was also not very secure.

The room was at the back of the building and the wifi did not reach back there. Again, this was not good enough when we paid so much for a room, that is advertised as having wifi. Some of the rooms at the front may have better wifi. Maybe request one of those rooms, which I believe are fan rooms.

The girl on the reception was nice and helpful, but one afternoon at 4:30pm, I returned to the room to find a member of staff in our room. She did not explain why she was there and she left very quickly after I came in. I found this very unusual as they did not come to clean our room during our stay, yet there was a member of staff there one evening....very strange and I did not like it at all.

The cleaners seemed to start cleaning other rooms at about 8am and if you miss this time, your room is not cleaned, towels are not changed and toilet paper is not replenished (we had to buy our own).

The curtains are also very light material and therefore are see-through. This leaves you with very little privacy.

There is no safety deposit box which is very annoying as they have numerous signs saying "beware your belongings" and that they accept no responsibilty for stolen items. This meant that we had to carry all valuables with us at all times.

It is an ok place to stay for one night and the bed itself was very comfortable, but you can find better if you want to stay longer in Krabi, even though there is not much to see/do there.

Room Tip: Choose a fan room at the front of the property if you want wifi.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple