“Interesting”

Khon Kaen National Museum
Ranked #8 of 30 things to do in Khon Kaen
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went there with my kids last month, to gove them some smart activity :) Nice museum, clean, nice staff. I can recommend!

1  Thank Peter B

Reviewed January 8, 2013

When we went here, after paying 100 baht each (ouch!), the place was empty and the girl working the ticket counter was a tourism student who wanted to practice her English. She gave us a great tour of the museum and explained a lot!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I enjoyed seeing all the sights at the museum, and there were a lot of cool artifacts from many hundreds of years ago. I was surprised by the different items that were on display here at the museum. The only thing I didn't like was the price of admission; whereas it was 20 Baht for a Thai and 100 Baht for a foreigner. I know that equates to a little over $3 USD, so in that sense big whoop. But, I don't think there should be such a big price spread. I realize foreigners usually have more money than the average Thai citizen in Khon Kaen, but the museum should have closed the gap to perhaps 40 Baht Thai 80 Baht foreigner, to make it more equitable. I wouldn't want to go back based on the principle of the wide price difference.

1  Thank McBain28
Reviewed April 23, 2012

A well presented colledtion with nformation about Khon Kaen and places near there. It has obviously been recently renovated which makes it a comfortable and very interesting place to visit.
We had a tour and the guide was great.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I don't expected this place to have plenty of valuable antiques from several places. The display is very interesting that I spent more than half day to explore.

1  Thank Rasana_28