“Squeezed at both ends: Declining quality and higher prices.”
Review of Kronen Brauhaus

Kronen Brauhaus
Ranked #10 of 194 Restaurants in Khon Kaen
Cuisines: German, European, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Bangkok, Thailand
“Squeezed at both ends: Declining quality and higher prices.”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This German themed restaurant is apart of the Pullman Hotel and Its 'Underground' restaurant choices. I have been going there most times that I pass through Khon Kaen and I've noticed that the food quality, quantity and service have declined on each occasion and I won't be returning. Tonight was no exception. The Chef's salad previously served in a bowl is now precariously balanced on a small side plate for 300 baht and mine consisted of a handful of lettuce leaves with a few very narrow strips of thin chicken and cheese. The menu advertised it as coming with a chicken breast but really it was impossible to say what part of the bird that these few bits of meat came from. I ate this salad down in about three minutes and befere the bread arrived. This salad contained none of the typical ingredients that you assocate with a Chefs Salad; no tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. For the bread I menioned to the waiter that I didn't need their Italian brerad sticks, but when the bread basket came, that's all it consisted of (I think he did it on purpose). When I asked what happened to the usual German bread the waitress whisked back the basket and returned about 10 minutes later with two miniature sized pieces of this bread. This bread used to be the the proper size in times past and filled the basket. The bill was also wrong twice. I complained that the waitress took away by beer before it was finished but the waiter seemed to misunderstood and thought that I was complaining about the bill. He came back with a different bill adding about 400 baht on to it and I had to tell another waiter that this was Incorrect. The revised bill came again but stil about 300 baht more than it should've been and after complaining again, one of the supervisors finally produced tha correct bill. No apologies for their mistakes but then I wouldn't expect it, however a little less of the face pulling and bad attidtude would be welcome.

• Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Khon Kaen, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Beer and entertaining, but the food...”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

....was not so good. We went there with a big group. Service was good. I like the atmosphere very much. The band also was good. Before we got bread and Pate....it was lovely. I think they gave it for free?! Or someone of our group ordered it. Then I ordered a curry sausage. Everything was good, the potatos, the sauce....BUT the sausage was a so called "Bockwurst". It was boiled as far I can remember. I would go there only to drink with friends, not for the food. Or maybe I picked the wrong day and the chef was confused about his kitchen?!

• Visited December 2012
Amphoe Muang Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“go for the brew and pizza”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

very good by khon kaen standard, there being very little in the same category to compare. the main attraction is its own brew of dark and light german beer. pizza is better than most. our favorites are the crispy pork knuckles, various sausages, thin crust pizza and mushroom risotto (mine). this is not the place to go if you want to chat over dinner. band music gets too loud. band plays thai and english standards, which i sometimes enjoy but the slapstick (performed by one of the band members ) is bleehh.

• Visited May 2013