“Excellent bar that is different from anywhere else in the city.”
Review of Chocolate Bar/Gallery - CLOSED

Chocolate Bar/Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are an original bar/gallery located on the lake here in Khon Kaen. We offer musicians and artists a place to show their works to the public. Its a meeting spot for the local teacher community and travelers as well. We have a great selection of beers and cocktails as well as Mexican food. We play great music including rock, jazz, reggae, chill out and all in between. Some say its the best music in town by far. So, come and enjoy the sunsets and a cold one with us by the lake.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Liverpool
“Excellent bar that is different from anywhere else in the city.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I discovered chocolate bar in December last year and have been a regular customer ever since. Nowhere else in KK has the same relaxed vibe.

Chocolate bar prides itself on playing the best music from around the world and holds regular party nights catering to different genres of music. usually the music is really relaxed but don't miss the monthly "head bangers ball".

Chocolate has a great collection of unique art work and a great view of the lake at sunset, not to be missed!!

For food you can get some great mexican food but they have also started serving authentic Indian food.

All in all, great place, nice people awesome food.

Nick

Visited December 2012

Khon Kaen, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar in KK”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I first moved to Khon Kaen, I thought that all the nightlife here was shady bars with old sexpats or Thai-style night clubs. I never knew! Just down the road! Over by the lake! CHOCOLATE BAR/GALLERY!!! Finally a place with good people, good food, good art, and good music!

Nachos! Burritos! Chimichangas! Quesadillas! Tandoori Chicken! Other awesome Indian food! A bar that knows how to make a great Bloody Mary! You may think that I'm overusing exclamation marks, but let me tell you, they are well deserved.

Going there feels like going home. Walk in and immediately feel part of the family. Alone, with friends, or even with your kids Chocolate Bar/Gallery is worth going to regularly.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Amanda G
Braunschweig, Germany
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Secret Spot”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went to Chocolate Bar a couple of times now. Last night I ordered mexican food to take away. The food was just packed in the back, when I arrived (perfect timing). I ordered some Nachos, Taccos and Burritos. The food was fresh made and really filling. The Taste was perfect, so I will order again. They do also homemade Salsa and stuff, not expensive. So, all in one, the food was awesome, the price was good, not expensive.

Usually I go there only for drinks. The crowd is always small there, but since I went there first time, everyone welcomed me, invited me to the table. When I go back now, they remember my name, know what I want to drink and talk to me.....so I feel very well going there. They have no bar girls or anything like that (thanks god) and the people there are way different like the "bar crowd" around Pullmann Hotel. No sextourists, no old expats talking you deaf and no aggressions. Everything sabei sabei. The owner takes care a lot, and sometimes joins the table/ party. The waitress is always very polite, not disturbing, and knows when to ask for another drink or snack.

I will always go there, if I feel to talk to people or want to relax with a nice beer. They have a range of thai beers and also Duvel. The Duvel is 130 Baht a bottle. Thats a very very fair price.

I will go back for sure, and highly recommend this place.

Last thing I want to mention is the design. There are many nice pics/posters/art in this shop. I made a lot of photos. Also the furniture and so on, are not cheap and comfortable.

I upload just a few pics here, but it might help you to imagine.

PSS: Kids and Families are welcome. My son had a lot of fun there with the people.

Visited April 2013