“Great conference venue”

AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a squeaky clean, new conference facility on the edge of Khon Kaen. I stayed here 3 nights as part of a large conference and was impressed by the conference facilities, the friendly and helpful service and the quality of the rooms. These are large, light and airy, and well appointed without being cluttered. The wifi was reliable and fast, which is important. The breakfast and meal quality and service was really excellent. Couldn't fault my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadrider_12
gmckk c, General Manager at AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing our Centara Hotel for your recent stay in Khon Kaen. We really appreciate that you took the time to post your feedback and were delighted to hear that you loved your stay in our hotel and really appreciated the services proposed by our staff.
Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards
Mr.Wuthisak Pichayagan

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is fine, the buildings are new and well maintained, rooms good size and value for money. All the amenities are now ready and look great. The food and service have deteriorated rapidly though. Had a hot water issue and we had to explain the whole situation to 3 separate people including 2 engineers, went away and told issue all fixed it wasn't though they made it worse.

Not sure we'll be back to be honest, the whole service experience is just to sloppy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swc1985
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Biggest hotel in khon kaen, hotel located close to lake not too far from main city. Feeling like resort in city most of area in the hotel are decorate with tree, the staff are nice an very helpful, room was comfortable and new, recommend lake view. I have never disappointed in centara hotel. Good hotel

Stayed: December 2556, traveled solo
3  Thank Pen S
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

My opinions Centara is a best hotel in khonkaen because the hotel located in out skirt of khon kaen city. That great for sleep and nice view. My room is city view i can see khon kaen city especially at night the view very nice. Staff are friendly and all have service mind, strongly recommend if you have opportunity to stay in khon kaen.

Stayed: December 2556
1  Thank defore_b52
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Centara hotel in khon kaen has been had construction going on for a long time, far too long I think. Its just about finished, which will be a relief to customers.
The service I must say is dire. Absolutely dire. Whoever is in charge of training needs to be trained as its not up to even basic hotel standards. This is especially true if you are eating/drinking in their various restaurants/ bar. Not impressed.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GrahamTTka
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It is a new hotel with on going construction and no swimming pool all my 3 stay. Hotel front is very dark at night ... I don't know why? ... May be wanna save power,,? Nice room (new) and great modern bathroom facilities.
The strange thing is at check-in counter had a sign said ..." Priority Check-in "... and pictures of credit card (probably hotel CC). I asked the clerk ... Wow is this like an Airlines Check-in..?
What a goofy idea. So, instead of add more clerk or efficiency system when busy , they choose to tell normal customer ...Oh you have to wait..!!!
Breakfast was good but need more knowledge of western cuisines especially salad with few choices and very think salad dressing like mayonnaise. the 4 popular salad dressing are.. Ranch, French, Thousand Island and Italian. I can't verify what they got on the table. The Buffet service is below par. This is a pure lack of good knowledge of Restaurant manager plus lack of proper training. Most employees do just one thing ... clean the table....just like bus boy....!!! .. OK, this is a buffet breakfast , but why you pay employee full price and use them half price. These people can help serve and refill coffee, Juice and can carry a pitcher of water for customer ... why not..??... When people have too much free time .. they are feel .. boring and lazy. Good and smart employer will keep employee busy so the times will goes fast and they'll enjoy working better than doing little here little there with no productive. Get them involve on service customer and they'll feel good about doing a good job. Plus hotel will have happy customer return again and again. Most of Thailand buffet are like this ... mismanagement about GREAT service.........NOTE...... Should be 3.5 but .....
.................. I hope some day when I retired I will have training class about how to give great service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I just spent a weekend at the Centara Khon Kaen. This was our second stay and, despite the multiple criticisms that I am going to make, we enjoyed our stay and will be happy to stay there again in the future. We stayed in a junior suite, which is a very spacious and airy room. It also includes club lounge privileges. The room was very clean and the 5th floor maid did a fine job.So did the security guards in the parking lot in front of the hotel. However, they were the only competent members of staff who we encountered. Although almost universally friendly and polite, most of the service staff do not know how to do their jobs. When we arrived, no bellman came to the front door to get our bags. I had to go into the lobby to get help. The clerk at reception could not find out reservation. Fortunately, I had printed out the confirmation letter. After I handed it to her she was finally able to locate our reservation but check-in took much longer than it should have.That afternoon we went to the club lounge for coffee but there was no water in the coffee machine so we had to wait while the woman who sits at the desk went off to find water. In the evening we went to the Wok and Grill to eat only to find that it was closed for renovation (with no warning having been posted on the hotel's website). So we went to the London Inn Pub instead. A bad mistake. Service was inordinately slow. My dinner (a not very tasty rib and beer special) was served half an hour before my wife's order. And we had to ask the waiters twice before it was finally served. We would have been better off if it had never come. It was supposed to be a creamy spinach seafood and cheese dish but there was no sign of either cream or seafood. The only nice thing I can say is that the young woman, who seemed to be almost single-handedly running the place, made a very nice apology to my wife. The following day we went to the club lounge for lunch, only to discover that the staff had forgotten to plug in the heater for the soup. There was a nice assortment of rolls but no butter. And no forks for the fruit. This seemed to be a recurrent pattern on our subsequent visits to the club lounge--something essential was always missing. For our last day we had requested and been granted delayed checkout until 2 PM but when we returned to our room at 1:30 we couldn't get in because our electronic keys had already been cancelled. When we checked out, I had to ask for a receipt since one was not given to me. And for our final experience of Centrara "service", we bought some pastries to take home at the Zing coffee shop. When we got to our car my wife showed me the receipt and we discovered that we had been overcharged due to a mistake by the salesgirl. My wife went back to the shop and received a refund but no real apology. And the bill still included a service charge in addition to VAT. Why is there a service charge on take-out bread? To sum up, this hotel has many nice features (e.g., pool, exercise room) and very nice and friendly staff but suffers from a very sloppy approach to providing services to guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple