Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
$30
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/10/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I spent 23 days at your hotel. We had been there two years ago for a ten-day stay. Service was very good. People at the front desk were very professional and friendly. The bell hops were always friendly and very eager to help when wanted. The breakfasts were great with a nice assortment of differrent cuisines. Fruit was excellent. Our housekeeper was very nice and would always ask if we had laundry. The bed was a little firm, but was okay. We would stay here again as we enjoyed the experience. Khob khun mak khrop!

Room tip: Two years ago the pool was under construction. I would only ask that they let their customers know if they are doing on-line reservations. It did not discourage us from staying there, but it might for someone else.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jack H
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Although frequently filled by tour groups, this old timer is extremely comfortable. Some of the hallways have that musty smell of an old hotel, but the rooms are large and comfortable and the bathrooms are the same. Garage parking is free and convenient, breakfast is average. Discounts can be had at the desk.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank EMS52
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I just stayed at the Charoen Thani Princess hotel for an overnight stay. Reservations were made only 1 hour prior to our arrival and everything was perfect. Reservations were made via phone through a very good reservations system in Thailand (Saw.........com) The three rooms I booked were all upgraded at no charge to corner suites. The corner suites were very spacious, well maintained and spotlessly clean, great hot water,towels and amenities. A fresh fruit basket was also awaiting our arrival.

Efficient hotel, porter and restaurant staff. A sumptious breakfast buffet was also included.

Will return to this hotel for sure when in Khon Kaen.

Thanks to the staff and management for a brief but great stay.

Ron Wyman

Room tip: Just book this hotel if visiting Khon Kaen. I am sure you will not be disappointed. The corner suites if available are very, very nice rooms.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank TRAVLINCOP
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I expected the hotel to be above average until when I was told that they do not have any iron for loan, neither do they have any travel adaptors. The hotel seemed run down but given the price, its acceptable. There is a safe in the room but its not working and its a safe with no lock but a hole on top of it. The good thing about this hotel besides the price is spread of breakfast. Its about 10 minute walk to a small mall, TuekCom Kosa Departmental Store and another good 20 minutes walk to Central Plaza. There is a massage parlour just outside the hotel and a small restaurant that serves good Thai food. A 7-11 is just a stone throw away. The cakes that are sold at the counter next to the lobby of the hotel is cheap and quite satisfying, accompanied by the friendly bar staff. It's hard to get a cab in the city, hence we opt for the hotel airport transfer which is affordable.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank seijinm82
Reviewed January 26, 2012

To me, location is paramount and you'd be hard pressed to find a better location in Khon Kaen. Parking is easy and, once settled in, you are walking distance to lots of restaurants, markets, bars, shopping center (Central Plaza) and the likes.

Check-in was handled promptly and efficiently. I had a double room on the 6th floor and the view from my room was marred by an unfinished tall building next door to the hotel. The room itself was comfortable and clean. Noise insulation is good as I never heard anything from the other rooms and the hotel was quite full.

They have a restaurant which serves a good selection of asian and western dishes for breakfast and the coffee is OK. For lunch and dinner, I prefer the local restaurants or street vendors for the flavor and price.

They have a large pool but it was not opened in December. An exercise facility is available but I tend to shy away from these places. It seemed well equipped but I have no expertise in this area.

They have quite a few large banquet type rooms for gathering, weddings, meetings, etc. The food served during those events is quite good and the prices are excellent. I was there for a wedding reception which was held all around the pool. Even in December, the weather was good and it was nice to be out for dinner.

They have a small bar just outside the doors on the lower level but it is located just by the parking garage. Not the best. They also have a night club facility with Karaoke, pool tables, etc., but I haven't visited so I cannot comment.

I had limited interaction with the staff which is usually a good indication on how well the hotel is ran. When I did, service and attitude were great.

In short, this hotel is a very good value in a great location. There are a couple better hotels in Khon Kaen but the Charoen Thani Princess has the best location.

There is a 7-11 just outside the hotel and it is convenient for those small things you might need to purchase such as to replenish your cell phone credits.

Room tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors as most are renovated. Ask to have a room which will not have a view of that horrible building skeleton next door!
Date of stay: December 2011