“Ornate Pleasure”

Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay without any flaws. We managed to get a discounted rate having arrived late of an evening. The room was top quality with everything you would expect and more; befitting a king.

The staff were perfect and as for the inclusive breakfast - well, blow me down. Would it that I may possibly have eaten anything more? It included sensational Thai food, plus all the usual inclusions you might find in a western breakfast fayre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris O
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor after your visit to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

We very much appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The first time I stayed here for my business, The staff very nice.I reserved a standard room for this trip, but they upgrade room to deluxe room for me. The room look like old but clean. house keeping very nice I called for take some ice to my room she get a big cooler for me.

Room Tip: Coner room are nice view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Cleanliness of room a bit below 5 star . You could see the smudge marks where people were sweating against the windows. Service as always excellent, If staying fri or sat be prepared for not being able to park in hotel parking area as it caters for the local night clubs in the area.Food well below par. Suites smell of stale cigarettes, entertainment in the club below well worth staying for, good farang music

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobR0

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your visit to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

I was delighted to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services met your expectations. However, thank you very much for your comment regarding the cleanliness of guest room, I have talked to our Housekeeping Manager to brief and train our staff to pay more attention on cleaning up every area of the guest room and be more careful by rechecking the readiness of the guest room every time before finishing cleaning.

In addition, I have read your comment regarding the quality of food. I have talked to our Executive Chef to be more meticulous on food taste development and providing more varieties of food in order to meet all guests’ requirements.

Please rest assured that we will continue to develop, educate and motivate our team to provide consistently higher levels of service for all our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid in the not too distant future.

Ole NIELSEN
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid...

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip.
Staff very good and willing to help with anything. Front desk people very good and bell staff very nice and efficient.
Main hotel restaurant was buffet based (may have had menus, but we did not utilize)...a very wide selection for both breakfast and dinner. Food is of great quality and was very tasty...had Thai selections and many Western offerings. Fruits were wonderful and the desserts were tasty. Other restaurants were available in hotel although we did not try them.
Hotel is located very near to airport and everything else important in Khon Kaen.
Rooms are nice although a little dated...kept in good condition with all needed amenities. A/C very good as it kept room nice and chilly. Flat screen of decent size with average number of channels. DVD player attached.
Bathroom of good size with nice walk-in shower and large tub. Towels were good quality and nice and thick.
Bed was very very firm (too much for me), but bedding and pillows were very good.
Nice LED reading lights were very handy.
Wifi was just ok...signal varied a great deal and something was wrong with their login and password system while we were there.
Thai Airways office onsite.
Nice lobby area with high-vaulted ceilings and skylights gave great ambiance during all hours...nice to grab a cocktail or coffee and read newspaper while hanging around here.

Only major downside....room windows could not keep out sound of nearby nightclub...they couldn't even keep out sound of nearby barking dogs despite being on the 11th floor. According to other reviews, nightclub a known issue that is out of the control of the hotel...music stops promptly at 3am, for what it is worth. I just used my WhiteNoise app on smartphone...turned it up and the loud music disappeared.
Will plan on staying here when I travel to Khon Kaen again...seems to be the best choice in this city.
Thanks Raja Orchid for a nice stay!

Room Tip: Room facing the North would probably eliminate nightclub noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I have read your comment regarding to the noise disturbance. This problem is out of our control due to the bars around do not belong to our hotel. Withal, we have sent a letter to ask for co-operation from the local authorities concerned with noise pollution.

Ole NIELSEN
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid...

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel that I always try to stay every year. I had my wedding here a couple of years ago and till now, the staff still remembered us! It is well situated just off the main road and close to the biggest shopping mall in Khon Kaen. Rooms are slightly old but are well maintained. There is a wide range of facilities in the hotel, a hair salon, club, microbrewery and in my opinion, the best sushi bar in Khon Kaen! Definitely the best hotel to stay in whilst exploring Issan.

• Stayed: October 2012
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the best hotels in khon Kean 5 Star for sure,large room with very large beds .
I stayed in the hotel two nights for business. There was a special promotion and the price for the room with breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Only bad thing I can say was the Disco across the road, very very loud music till 3.00am
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor.