“Nice hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Khon Kaen, Thailand
“Nice hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Pullman Khon Kaen

Have stayed in Pullman, Khon Kaen several times, back to when it had another name.
This is not a cheap hotel.
As soon as one walks in, one can feel a very relaxed atmosphere.
Big and spacious lobby area.
Fairly quick check in procedures.

The rooms have always been very clean, and have a very good layout.
Nice bathroom.

Enough number of elevators, so one does not need to wait long for one.

Staff is very friendly, but do not speak good English.

The tv channels are mainly dubbed into Thai, which puzzles me, since the hotel has an international wibe.

Room service is quick, and the food is good. Nice portions.

However, if one has a room in the wrong section, the base and drum beat from a night club, can be heard until almost 2 AM. This beat can be heard all the way up to floor 20.
I normally heard this when I had a smoking room.

The Lobby is a perfect spot to relax with a cup of coffee.

The restaurants are very good. Good service and good food indeed.

Conclusion is that I can easily go back to this hotel if I need one, and can recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MisterKai
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very for taking time to review the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

We were delighted to read that you liked our hotel and appreciated the friendliness of our staff.

However, thank you very much for your comment regarding to the noise disturbance in the late night. This problem is out of our control due to the bars around do not belong to our hotel. However, we have sent a letter to ask for co-operation from the local authorities concerned with noise pollution.

We will share your comments with our team. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

Ole Nielsen
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is really exceptional but as with all hotels, there are always some small improvements that can make the stay even better. the following suggestions may help:

Travellers typically arrive with their clothes creased in theisuitcase. Unlike most hotels I stay in, the Pullman has no iron or ironing board in teh rooms. This would help guests when they arrive as the laundry service takes too long.

I had difficulty connecting my laptop to the internet even though I followed the instructions on teh card. I eneded up using the Business Centre. I suggest that guests wanting to use in-room internet be offered a connection service by staff if they request it.

I have often stayed at the hotel and have found the food excellent but it seems to be the same menu.
I feel that the chefs can put a couple of new Thai dishes on the menu such as Thai Green Curry, Pad Thai or Tom Yum soup.
The breakfast menu is fine but the food choices limited. Eggs, omelettes, bacon, and fried bread are standard western food but I think some choices of Thai food such as Thai chicken with vegetables should be added.

Like most westerners I tend to eat more Asian food for breakfast as we are getting too fat on western food and trying to eat more heahy food (not just salads).
Anyway I always love staying at the hotel and I even had my honeymoon suite there in 2002.

I had exceptional service from the waiting staff and the housekeeping staff and I always recommend the hotel to my friends and business colleagues.

I hope my comments are useful.

Mark G Cody
markcody4@hotmail.com

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank trenance2008
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to write us constructive comments on our service.

I have read your comment regarding the Internet access. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I have talked to our Director of Finance care of IT Department to check the Internet system and improve our access for more efficiency.

Your comments are extremely valuable to us in improving and maintaining our standards.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

Essex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Pullman Raja Orchid over Songkran, the Thai New Year in April 2012. It was an excellent base for viewing the festivities and provided a safe haven when th stree got a bit too wet!
There were 6 of us; grandparents, father & mother and two children (6 & 4). Rooms were excellent and well furnished.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EssexGrampa
Sawasdee Krab! Greetings from the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to be your accommodation choice and taking the time to write us a comment.

We very much appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid in the not too distant future.

Ole Nielsen
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

We passed through Khon Kaen driving back from Vientiane to Bangkok, and selected this hotel as it is probably the most famous in Isarn. This used to be a Sofitel, now re-branded Pullmann, and one cannot miss the hotel as being the tallest building in the city. Unexpected sizes and luxury in this city of the Northeast, but very busy. I can only confirm what the previous reviews state. Only disappointment was the food at the brewery (Italian section) with a pizza tasting more like it came from an American food chain than from a Pullmann hotel. Very comprehensive breakfast however.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Sawasdee Krab! Greetings from the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

Thank you very much for taking time to post this review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

However, thank you very much for your comment regarding food taste. I have talked to our Executive Chef to be more meticulous on food taste development in order to meet all guests’ requirements.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

For the money paid you aren't going to get better value. The hotel itself is ok it's a bit like a Raddisson every room is the same.

We had a room on the 22nd floor and the view across Khon Kaen was pretty good. We did not hear the nightclub that everyone talks about.

The restaurant was very good value and the Thai food served was very good albeit in small portions.

For £50 a night you would struggle to beat this place.

Only downside was the internet was not working when we visited.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. However, I do apologize for the Internet connectivity that did not meet your expectation. I have talked to our IT Manager to check the Internet system and improve our access for more efficiency.